Install UMD info?

• Thread starter turboash78
  • 35 comments
Get a Micro-SDHC card. They are cheaper than Memory Sticks, and you can use them on your non-Sony branded cell phones or camera too. Just buy a Micro-SDHC to Memory Stick Duo adapter on eBay for a few bucks and you are good to go.

I am using a 8GB Class 6 Micro-SDHC and it works perfectly fine on my PSP. Class 6 means it has a minimum write speed of 6MB/s (i.e. 48Mb/s), similarly for class 4 and class 2. I am not sure about the transfer rate the Memory Stick slot of the PSP is capable of, you may not notice the difference between Class 4 and Class 6 (many memory sticks are below that speed anyway).

Thanks, I'll look into it 👍

(Dissidia took 1hr to do ~500MB!)

I attempted to install onto my 32mb card (to see what it says) and it says needs 1004mb of space.

I was impatient and went on the hunt for a card today. Got a 2GB Sandisk M2 with a Pro Duo adapter for £6.49 which was good enough for me.

Took about 15 - 20 minutes to install, and it just makes the game a lot more enjoyable because I was more than a little frustrated at the loading times.

Took me 45 minutes to put the data on my 2gb memory stick, now i only have like 4KB of space left lol... But it really improves the loading times :sly:

Darn! I already have Dissidia Final Fantasy data installed on my PSP. I only have 700mb left on my 4gb. I'm gonna go free up some space right now!

Back