Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,119 views
As always I just show up when ever you decide to start the season Arkano, I'm not hard to please :)

Now it's back to relaxing in the sun, get some tan and some vitamin D :)

Lucky for you, as usual the weather sucks here in the UK :(

sign ups still closed...?

Officially yes, but if you add me on PSN I'll send you a message on PSN & GTP if we have space this weekend.
 
Lucky for you, as usual the weather sucks here in the UK :(

.

It's been quite nice and sunny where I live this past week in the 20's:)
 
It's been quite nice and sunny where I live this past week in the 20's:)

It was sunny here today until I put the washing outside. That seems to happen a lot.
 
I'm gunna go ahead and host a private GT5 lounge for some Suzuka practice, feel free to join.
 
Already? Wow you're not messing around are you?
 
Any chance we can do these pre-season races at around 7pm uk time? I don't think I can make it for Suzuka tonight if not. :(
 
Any chance we can do these pre-season races at around 7pm uk time? I don't think I can make it for Suzuka tonight if not. :(

I wont be able to make it if it's at 7pm :scared:

It's a bit short notice too.
 
Hey Ark, from GAF here. Can you explain what you mean by

Drivers: Drivers must drive at least X amount of distance each race on the racing hard tyre.*

What's the required laps for tonights race at Suzuka?
 
Another quick question. Is there some sort of power limit you're enforcing? There is a big difference between some of the cars for example Xanavi Z is 340+ BHP and NSX's are around 500 BHP.
 
Ah, I completely forgot about that. Apologies, we'll say 5 laps for tonight's race.

Smiggy, I see you viewing this thread, you're more than welcome to join tonight's race, we should have enough space :)

Another quick question. Is there some sort of power limit you're enforcing? There is a big difference between some of the cars for example Xanavi Z is 340+ BHP and NSX's are around 500 BHP.

The Nismo Z isn't 340bhp, it has around 520bhp.
 
I think he meant 540bhp

Ah. The Nismo Z will have some sort limit for next week, I need to get around to testing it, I've been busy this week.

For tonight, I propose we just ban the Nismo Z due to it's OP-ness.
 
What time tonight Ark? Should be able to swing by.
 
I may drop by as well, fancy some racing tonight ;)
 
Hosting a lounge now.

Remember, you'll need me added on PSN to join.

EDIT: Alright I'm going out on this, no Nismo Z for tonight. All other cars in the OP are allowed. Also need a minimum of 5 laps on Racing Hard tyres.
 
Last edited:
Something has just come up for me so racing tonight will be cutting it close. Sorry for the short notice Ark. Maybe next week I'll be able to make it.
 
Something has just come up for me so racing tonight will be cutting it close. Sorry for the short notice Ark. Maybe next week I'll be able to make it.

No problem :)
 
Missing Phil, Zzxxz & Joey, where are people? D:
 
Nice to have a race whit that many people. To bad my steering wheel does not work as it should be. At practise in the week i could do laps of 1.54.7 i even could improve that becaus in the 2 sectors i could do 0.800 seconds better. But 1 hour before the race i did't had any FFB from my wheel. So i didn't felt when my car brakes out. I even could not tune my car anymore, i didn't felt any diffrence in changing setups. I hope i can fix it. Normally its fixed when i disconnect all cables and reset the PS3. but it did not work the first time.:scared:


edit: oh next week madrid, right?
 
Next week will be Deep Forest, we held a vote in the lounge and that's the track that got the most votes :p

Thanks to everyone that showed up! It was a really good race tbh, but make sure you've got GP-CiaN added for next week, he'll be hosting again :sly:

Hopefully everyone stays with us through into season 2 :)
 
Last edited:
No madrid, why?

oh some of the new guys were lagging alot atleast on my screen....i hope it can be fixed?
 
No Madrid because a lot of people have complained about it. Although having said that, I might replace Rome with Madrid :p It's a track I want to test out before the season.

That and Deep Forest is a nice, fun track for a change 👍

EDIT:

jxEru.png


And so GP's dominance starts all over again :sly: :scared:

Success Ballast:
GP-CiaN: 70kg
Phil_75: 50kg
C-Falcon89: 30kg

-------

From this weekend onwards we'll be using the revised qualifying plan. Qualy will start at normal time, and finish after 30 minutes. Then the track will be reset again (grid order will have been written down by then) and everyone will line up on the track in order and the race will start. Cars will be let onto the grid in PP order, so the cars with ballast will go on first, to ensure they are using it.
 
Last edited:
I am trying GT-R's. I like to move some ballast to the front, I like it that way. But my front tyres don't last long. How do you deal whit it...?
 
Last edited:
Who won the previous pre-season-championship?

I have no idea because I totally forgot to record the results :lol:

I am trying GT-R's. I like to move some ballast to the front, I like it that way. But my front don't last long. How do you deal whit it...?

Move the ballast to the back :sly: Lower the front brake bias, make the front softer/stiffer depending on track, adapt your driving style, etc etc.
 
I have no idea because I totally forgot to record the results :lol:



Move the ballast to the back :sly: Lower the front brake bias, make the front softer/stiffer depending on track, adapt your driving style, etc etc.

That makes no sense whatsoever, i will try it:tup:
 
I am trying GT-R's. I like to move some ballast to the front, I like it that way. But my front don't last long. How do you deal whit it...?

I'd suggest stiff springs at around 16 and soft dampers at 3 or 4 and keep the height as low as possible without bottoming out, that usually helps with the tyre wear a bit, at least for me anyway. ;)
 
I'd suggest stiff springs at around 16 and soft dampers at 3 or 4 and keep the height as low as possible without bottoming out, that usually helps with the tyre wear a bit, at least for me anyway. ;)

well thats what i did use, only the dampers a little higher. Maybe its my driving style (if you can call it a style) well at least i did better compared whit previous race at suzuka (got lapped 5 times)
 
Back