Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,119 views
Good race!

Very laggy at start.

GP is so fast he got 2 pole positions in 1 race!!!:drool:
 
I'll be there next weekend, I was around when this started too, but I worked around the clock on my console/racing corner in my office. So I was so unfocused it wouldn't have been much fun for me. And my girl friend demanded we made some good food and relaxed. We made Tacos :)

But moving from a 50" TV when sitting around 3,5meter away to a a 42" TV less than 1,5meters away is a new ballgame, I need to adapt fast!

I was in the room yesterday and it was a few new faces, looks promising. I heard Arkano said the race turned out fine. Some other say it lags. So how did the new guys feel about racing with us?
 
Was good racing last night for my first attempt at this. Was different doing one stint on hards but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a shame I made many mistakes throughout the race.

Glad I got fastest lap.
 
Was good racing last night for my first attempt at this. Was different doing one stint on hards but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a shame I made many mistakes throughout the race.

Glad I got fastest lap.

I was only 0.2 off! :yuck:
 
Was good racing last night for my first attempt at this. Was different doing one stint on hards but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a shame I made many mistakes throughout the race.

Glad I got fastest lap.

You would have had second place if you didn't fall off.

Hards makes it very interesting with strategies, me and GP had the right one, hards last!
 
I didn't practice on hard tyres. so my last 6 laps, i did it to easy on the hards, it almost cost me a place. still i managed to spin at the last lap. I always spin in the last lap. But i lost the race in my first stint. i did alot of mistakes becaus i had that FFB issue(i had to adapt). I had to overtake captainfalcon/Kyaw/Arkano twice. all on hard tyres. whitout the problem i think i could close the gap whit the midfield(Niks/zzxxz) and build up enough gap to stay in front of them when i needed to use my hards. i definetly had the speed...
 
The field looks promising for next season. We are still missing few competitive players.
After next preseason race, i would propose to open the signups, so eventually new guys can take part.
Concerning the lag, all players have to check their connection. If possible all on cable, no wifi please. The global result of the room speed, is an average between the fastest and slowest speed of all players. It's enough, if one player has a bad internet speed to consult in a lag.
I suggest individually test your speeds: (this is mine for example)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1410714595.png

greetz,
gp
 
here is mine:
1410757938.png

Uploading something here I didnt want to stop, but it's a 60/60 connection speed.

And here is the play seat I made myself:
IMG_0032.jpg


I'm going to build myself a shelf I can have the ps3 and the amplifier on. Then I will fix the spaghetti look (wire mess)
 
Want one!^

Speed 19, 1.8, 22ping

Gotta be new lads as we didn't have it before!

The guy (can't remember name) who was behind GP after 2nd corner 1st lap in an NSX was glitching everywhere and just missed taking me out!
 
1410793496.png



I use wifi, can't use cable... this is my result i don't know if this is good or bad...? but i have never had any complains about lagging...
 
Did some "speedUpMyPCtest": result 5581 problems slowdowns my PC's internet. That does not sound ok...so my PS3 should be fine??
 
Well, since Erik has 40mb/s more upload than GP, I'd like to propose that Erik hosts the races :lol: :sly:
 
No problem for me to host the races, I even opened up the router on the ports GT5 require, I used to have some problems before I did it. Some rooms I couldn't join etc, but now it haven't give me one error message (cant join because bla bla bla)

And to everyone check your NAT type. Should be Type2, if you have Type3 you have to forwarding some ports in your modem/router

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192130

In most cases it's not needed to port forward these ports, but it doesn't make things worse :)
 
Did speed test on ps3, download is 2.5, upload is 0.5; I'm guessing I'm 17th choice host :lol:
 
Just before qualifying we should have a 1 lap race to test and see who has problems!
 
Looks like things are goin well
Il not be making the race this weekend but the one after will be fine as I will have interwebs by then
Typing this on phone.
Also with the hard tyres, we have to do a set number of laps? surely having to use them will be enough without the number of laps?
 
5 laps...


Mandatory Pit Stop: 1
its a very weird rule since you have to come in anyway for some laps on hards...
 
Someone please tell me a fast time around Tokyo in a Super GT car...
 
5 laps...


Mandatory Pit Stop: 1
its a very weird rule since you have to come in anyway for some laps on hards...

Indeed :) (but you could race the entire race on racing hard)

But I don't see anyone race 30laps around Suzuka without having to pit. If they manage to complete that race without making one single pit stop and be competitive I say give him a medal :)
 
If only hard tyres lasted the distance but they only last as long as softs!
 
Well, since Erik has 40mb/s more upload than GP, I'd like to propose that Erik hosts the races :lol: :sly:

Yeah it's fine. Normally i unplug my router, now i didn't :)
 
Someone please tell me a fast time around Tokyo in a Super GT car...

Pole of last season was 1:32:120 with half fuel tank in a GTR (after hours of tuning and practise)
 
Pole of last season was 1:32:120 with half fuel tank in a GTR (after hours of tuning and practise)

who did take the pole? :D
 
Gp-Cian
Pole of last season was 1:32:120 with half fuel tank in a GTR (after hours of tuning and practise)

thanks
 
phil_75
If only hard tyres lasted the distance but they only last as long as softs!

they do last longer than softs...People drive hard tires like they're driving softs...consequently they slide...Go easy on tires and they will last the distance...
 
they do last longer than softs...People drive hard tires like they're driving softs...consequently they slide...Go easy on tires and they will last the distance...

Well go easy on softs and they will last just as long!
 
phil_75
Well go easy on softs and they will last just as long!

Doesn't work because you lose temperature
 
phil_75
And you'll set lap times equal to hards!

The point im making is dont slide the tires and when exiting a corner come on the throttle a bit later than if you would with Softs...Do this and you should see a difference in durabilty...
 
The point im making is dont slide the tires and when exiting a corner come on the throttle a bit later than if you would with Softs...Do this and you should see a difference in durabilty...

That's not really how hards are supposed to work though, they're supposed to last longer regardless. I think what you're speaking of is actually tyre preservation. ;)
 
Back