Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,119 views
Joey975
That's not really how hards are supposed to work though, they're supposed to last longer regardless. I think what you're speaking of is actually tyre preservation. ;)

In real motorsport you cannot drive the hards the same as softs...You feel less grip therefore you go that little bit easier...hards do not have the same levels of grip as softs as im sure you are aware of this...
 
In real motorsport you cannot drive the hards the same as softs...You feel less grip therefore you go that little bit easier...hards do not have the same levels of grip as softs as im sure you are aware of this...

Come on, stop discuss this now. Its a championship tread, not a tyre discussion tread!! If you have to discuss this matter like your responsible for the tyre wear to be wrong in GT5 go someplace else.
 
ErikAndre71
Come on, stop discuss this now. Its a championship tread, not a tyre discussion tread!! If you have to discuss this matter like your responsible for the tyre wear to be wrong in GT5 go someplace else.

If anything it keeps the thread at the top thus more publicity...I was just sharing a view with a fellow GTer..Sorry mate
 
If anything it keeps the thread at the top thus more publicity...I was just sharing a view with a fellow GTer..Sorry mate

We'll agree to disagree:tup::)
 
I added a "GT500 only" harddrive to my server and put up a FTP server for all active members of this championship. I did so because file sharing via some sites used to upload replay's last season took forever to download because I wasn't registered on that particular site. Haven't had that low speed since I was on ISDN 7kb/s

You may upload what ever you want to share with the other guys. I don't care if it's a mp3 or a GT5 replay, but the intention is for GT5 files.

This is so far limited to the users:
Arkano
Kyaw
GP-Cian
Joey
Netherdragon
Zzxxz
Phil
Maxitsu

New members will be added after they shown up to some races and shown some activity.

For access you need a FTP program I suggest FileZilla since its a free program and can be downloaded for all platforms. Linux, Mac and Windows. If you are interested pm me and say so and I send you the information needed Username and password and of course IP and port.

The files uploaded through a FTP client can be downloaded via a http url, but I don't want to make that url public. Since public traffic can happen when we play and then the lag could start.
 
Last edited:
So did everyone die?

How many laps this weekend and how many of them on Hard?
 
It would appear so :lol:

I'll most likely get on sometime tomorrow for some testing.
 
Corner 3 or is it 4 (the left corner before you go into the first tunnel) with the very big curb or payment. How do you define that? curb as the red/white or all the way into the safety fence?
 
Corner 3 or is it 4 (the left corner before you go into the first tunnel) with the very big curb or payment. How do you define that? curb as the red/white or all the way into the safety fence?

considering the AI go around, i am guessing the pavement its not part of the track.
 
I would go around, but not if everyone else is not, I save about a second not going around. And how would that be checked during the qualify?
 
I'm gunna hop on now for a few hours of practice & testing.
 
I say cut, every race I do online it gets cut and it also doesn't give penalty when on so PD must aknowledge it,its just the way you drive deep forest and has been like it since GT1.

The course is too narrow really for a GT500 race, plus you can easily slide onto pavement when you didn't mean to.
It is also one of the main overtaking spots.

If we all just cut it no one has an unfair advantage.
 
Feel free to cut the track. It'll get you a penalty though :sly:

Everyone please needs to make sure that they have ErikAndre71 added to their PSN list so they can join the lounge tonight, Erik will be hosting tonights race.
 
I opened up a room now GP. Get in and beat my time :P
 
I'll be on in around half an hour.

Tonights race will require you to use the Racing Hard tyre for 15 laps. Tonights laps will be 54 in total.

Remembering that GP has 70kg of success ballast during the race, Phil has 50kg and C-Falcon has 30kg. Success ballast does not apply during qualy.

Remember that once qualy has ended, we will do a one-lap race with all the cars in qualifying order and start the actual race after that.

EDIT:

If anyone plans on using the Nismo Z, the power of said car will need to be limited to 95.1%. Making your overall PP 618. I'll update this post later on with the PP that the success ballast penalties will cause.
 
Last edited:
I may take the Nismo Z tonight, very familiar with it because of WSGTC, but also quite tired of it.. we'll see. Not 100% sure that'll be taking part tonight either, depends how well my connection is holding out.
 
15 laps on hard.. wow that going to be hard to get down on one stint for me :P
 
15 laps on hard.. wow that going to be hard to get down on one stint for me :P

I haven't done any hard tyre practice so far :lol:

I'm going on the basis of using the same distance per track. Suzuka was around 30km on the hard tyre, so we'll test 30km and see how that works before the season starts.
 
where is your calculator.. the track tonight Deep Forest is 3601m long, thats 3,6km.. 3,6x15 is 54km not 30km :)
 
where is your calculator.. the track tonight Deep Forest is 3601m long, thats 3,6km.. 3,6x15 is 54km not 30km :)

The site I went to said Deep Forest was 2.2km long o_o
 
So we should expect it to be lowered to around 8laps?
 
I am suggesting for upcoming season to be less tolerance towards accidents and corner cutting...

i also would like to see some stewards, or even people who park there car at the chicanes to prevent short cuts in qualy.



Or shortcuts are allowed for everyone or shortcuts are not allowed and can be penalised.
 
So, whats the penalties for cutting and are you going to hand them out this time?

Seems silly when GT5's own strict penalty system doesn't give em out for going over it?

Its gonna be a crash fest every lap trying to stay on the track!

I'd best get practicing!

edit: we should vote on it just before quali:idea:
 
GT5's penalty system doesn't recognise cutting the second chicane at Monza, that's hardly reputable :lol:

@Maxi: Penalties will be a lot more strict this season. I'm actually looking for two other stewards as well.
 
i just noticed, you can check the stage 3 engine on the lexus now.
Probably gt5 changed it with the latest update.
stage 2: 7000rpm
stage 3: 7500 rpm

before there was no diffirence.
 
Back