Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
A break this week is good for me, it gives me extra practice time as me and the nurburgring get on like GP and maths teachers (couldn't resist :lol: )
If anyone's online on saturday we could have some fun races.
 
And maybe test the new spec2?

There is a bit more to it than an extra photo location and fast forward and fast rewind replays. Physics feel different, we can now run with slipstream on low witch is a lot closer to the real thing than strong (default before spec2) I strongly suggest we set that to low so we get rid of the arcade slipstream.

I also had to re-tune the balance of my car so here something happened you guys should test before racing ;)
 
I'm more than happy to do a couple of fun races this weekend and take a weeks break from the Championship :)
 
And maybe test the new spec2?

There is a bit more to it than an extra photo location and fast forward and fast rewind replays. Physics feel different, we can now run with slipstream on low witch is a lot closer to the real thing than strong (default before spec2) I strongly suggest we set that to low so we get rid of the arcade slipstream.

I also had to re-tune the balance of my car so here something happened you guys should test before racing ;)

We can test slipstream on monza or fuji....but who says (weak) comes closer to the real thing?

I red somewhere there is a bug into the lobby's. More people in the room results in slower laptimes. Don't know if its true...
 
I'm more than happy to do a couple of fun races this weekend and take a weeks break from the Championship :)

weeks? :sick: not to long plz
 
We can test slipstream on monza or fuji....but who says (weak) comes closer to the real thing?

I red somewhere there is a bug into the lobby's. More people in the room results in slower laptimes. Don't know if its true...

I say so. If you really think the slipstream that was in the game before spec2 is close to reality you should take a look at the NASCAR racing (for real) The number one slipstream race in the world. And see how it takes skills to pass even if they have slipstream. They can go lap after lap.. in GT5 you pass on the next long straight.. no skills involved at all So everything weaker than "strong" is better..
I also see a lot of SuperGT championships on this forum going into testing and they say it is far better on weak, but the activity in this championship doesn't allow for any serious testing. I never see anyone online anymore.
 
i think we should just keep going on with the regular schedule it'll be better imo

btw erik we need to talk m8
 
VOTING STARTS FROM NOW:

Break :

No Break : anastasis 14 = 1

let me update this post 👍
 
Break from championship

(reply no. 1000!! :D )
 
Break : zzxxz + TEAMRAD_PITT + GP-CIAN = 2

No Break : anastasis14 + Maxitsu + ErikAndre71 = 12

(steward erik counts for 10 :D)
 
Last edited:
Break.

I really think a break should be in order simply for playing around with the supposed updated physics in Spec II.
 
Break : zzxxz + TEAMRAD_PITT + GP-CIAN + Ark = 4

No Break : anastasis14 + ErikAndre71 + Max + immo = 4

this is much closer compared to our races :)
 
Well if we don't have a break then I'm going to have to ask to use the driving line at the 'Ring because I have no time to practice during the week for the usual tracks, let alone the 'Ring..
 
Break : zzxxz + TEAMRAD_PITT + GP-CIAN + Ark = 3

No Break : anastasis14 + ErikAndre71 + Max + immo = 4

u made a mistake maxi, thats the true one
 
Well if we don't have a break then I'm going to have to ask to use the driving line at the 'Ring because I have no time to practice during the week for the usual tracks, let alone the 'Ring..

I understand why you want a break i respect that, But i find it unfair toward the other drivers.

Rules and a calendar are made before the season. Now you want to change the rules becaus its very convenient for you. Every week or almost every week there is someone who can't make it, don't had time to practise or is bad at some track. But we never changed to rules for this guys. If we agree now we have to cancel the race every week. or change the rules every week.

Don't get me wrong i am happy to postpone the race if everybody can't make of really want it. but not just 1 or 2 drivers. thats why only 9 out of 11 race counts for points, i guess.
Well thats my opinion, But hey who am i to decide. I just say go on whit the show unless everyone wants some rest...
 
Lets just do a break. I don't mind spending one Saturday with my girlfriend :) see you next weekend
 
Taking a break has nothing to do with me having no practice, that's just a by-product of that.

The whole reason behind my suggestion of a break was so that everyone could play around with Spec II and simply because it's mid-season.
 
Break : zzxxz + TEAMRAD_PITT + GP-CIAN + Ark = 3

No Break : anastasis14 + ErikAndre71 + Max + immo = 4

u made a mistake maxi, thats the true one

I probably counted to many Z/X's
 
I understand why you want a break i respect that, But i find it unfair toward the other drivers.

Rules and a calendar are made before the season. Now you want to change the rules becaus its very convenient for you. Every week or almost every week there is someone who can't make it, don't had time to practise or is bad at some track. But we never changed to rules for this guys. If we agree now we have to cancel the race every week. or change the rules every week.

Don't get me wrong i am happy to postpone the race if everybody can't make of really want it. but not just 1 or 2 drivers. thats why only 9 out of 11 race counts for points, i guess.
Well thats my opinion, But hey who am i to decide. I just say go on whit the show unless everyone wants some rest...

If this was facebook I would have pressed "like"
 
nice you quoted me, the post is gone for some odd reason...

Edit: ah i just noticed you only have to scroll up, i really have to stop drinking and go to bed. :ouch: thx for the vote anyway.
 
Last edited:
Lets just do a break. I don't mind spending one Saturday with my girlfriend :) see you next weekend

no offence but your gf, is it propersian? becaus he wanted "to talk" with you. its usual not a good sign and now you take a brake...also...

Ok a break it is then...what we do on saturday a test race?
 
Last edited:
None taken Maxitsu.

About taking a break, well to be honest that would make the travel to SPA even longer as I requested it to be the last since the last race is ballast free for everyone and I think everyone deserve to drive it ballast free. I would also like to get the 24h out of the way as I started to get sick of it. I never thought I say this, but the ring bores me. It is one insane cool track, but when you done it enough you done it enough I guess :P

But it is cool enough to wait for TEAMRAD PITT as this is a BIG track it will be more interesting with as many players possible. Also it will give the guys who is to busy during the week to test the new spec2 a chance to do it, I tested it all week and I must say the balance of the car by stock is far better than it used to be. I haven't tested any other car than my Xanavi. But the way I balanced it the day before the release of spec2 did burn my tyres after the spec2 release and guess what.. the rear tyres on a GT-R. Didn't take long to fix it as it seem more understandable to fix it, Like I would imagine how it would be in the real world.
 
Last edited:
Back