Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
Race report from my point of view

Qualified as number 2, my best start grid position ever. I also had a great start, but I went a bit wide into the first corner and lost 2 positions, but after that I had a great lap. Then into lap 2 I had a annoying fly trying to destroy my race so I lost a bit focus on the next two laps ended up crashing into the inside of turn one so I got a bit behind the guys in the lead. But now the fly in my room seem to have found something else to do than annoy me so by lap 8 or was it 9 I had regain with the guys in the lead except the race leader who was long gone :) I had a 3 stopper planned, but in the heat of the moment I forgot to pit so I changed my tactic into a two stopper and that included going 8 laps on hard to have something left on my soft in the end of the race.

Had some nice laps before my hard stint with ProPersian where we pushed it to the limit on very worn tyres and it went very well some pumping happened but to be pushing this hard on that worn tyres I think it was very clean ;) Both me and ProPersian pitted at the same time. He changed to soft and myself to hard so I had to let him go, I had no chance to stay with him :)
My hard stint was like I hoped it would be, not very much traffic and I could put in some good lap times. However I did spin in the last corner once.. Stupid me pushed to hard.

Last stint on soft started on lap 22 and had to last to the end so even though I pushed to regain on the guys in front I had to hold back some to save my tyres. This worked as planned until I noticed zzxxz was gaining on me. I should have let him go, but I started pushing a bit harder before he gained on me and that made my tyres go. So in the last couple of laps I didn't have much left on my tyres so holding off GP in the end was going to be close. I managed to keep him off until just before the finish line where he passed me in my slipstream and took me by a tenth

Congratulation to Immortalpilot for an impressive win. And to the rest of the guys on the podium also. Great race guys.

Looking forward to a light car on Nürbürgring 24h now.
 
If we do 45Km on hards why are we doing 3 laps at 24h, isn't it 15 miles long, making 2 laps 50Km????
 
yea those were crazy laps werent they erik? we had great races in the first 11 laps i think. anyway made bad stops.. wich caused me to end 6th.

24h nur is going to be awesome wich is my best track, hopefully this will be a good podium place.
 
If we do 45Km on hards why are we doing 3 laps at 24h, isn't it 15 miles long, making 2 laps 50Km????

sounds about right... full nurg is about 25kms
 
I remember last Nurburgring the qualify was somewhat stupid, you have to drive 25km around the track to then do one hot lap. then another 25km just to enter pit to change tyres again. Then another 25km in lap to do one hot lap again.. by the the time you are done time is up. So I suggest we do the in lap and one hot lap. Then start the race. Remove the pole position score and add 3 points to the fastest lap during the race instead.

What do you guys think about it?
 
what do you mean do the in lap then hot lap?? cant we just have a start/false check?
 
He means we do one qualifying lap then just start as it takes 8 minutes to get round you need 40 minutes to do 2 flying laps, meaning there's no point in having a full half hour session when there's 15 minutes of people doing nothing.
 
Well I'm not talking about the race start, but the qualify.. we do one counting lap and thats it. We could save some time that way. Since tyrewear will make it impossible to do two hot laps (fast laps) without doing a pitstop between them.

Counting the laptime of 8:00 minutes (or more) makes it 16 minutes at least since you have to run around the track without the clock being active what I called the "in lap" then you have your chance to do one fast lap. If we want to do two fast lap we will have to repeat that and without the time it takes to changes tyres we are at 32 minutes AT THE LEAST that's why I suggest we do ONE fast qualify lap and start the race from there. So instead of allowing two hot laps when the race will last for one and a half hour (endurance race) we could be done in 20minutes with the qualify.

Since doing one lap could be decided by luck I suggested to remove the pole position point and add those point to the fastest lap time point in the race instead.
 
Well I'm not talking about the race start, but the qualify.. we do one counting lap and thats it. We could save some time that way. Since tyrewear will make it impossible to do two hot laps (fast laps) without doing a pitstop between them.

Counting the laptime of 8:00 minutes (or more) makes it 16 minutes at least since you have to run around the track without the clock being active what I called the "in lap" then you have your chance to do one fast lap. If we want to do two fast lap we will have to repeat that and without the time it takes to changes tyres we are at 32 minutes AT THE LEAST that's why I suggest we do ONE fast qualify lap and start the race from there. So instead of allowing two hot laps when the race will last for one and a half hour (endurance race) we could be done in 20minutes with the qualify.

Since doing one lap could be decided by luck I suggested to remove the pole position point and add those point to the fastest lap time point in the race instead.


i say keep the point-rule for pole and FL like on every other track.

1 hotlap is fine for me. If you make a mistake you can do a 2nd lap though. Your tyres would be much more degraded. but better then nothing.
 
i'm fine with that man, 1 hotlap is enough
 
Can't you just quit to pits after your hot lap?

So it would go like this:

Out lap ---> Hot lap ---> Quit to Pit
Out lap ---> Hot lap ---> Start Race

So only 4 laps. That should be fine.
 
I say keep the points for pole and fast lap as they are with 1 lap qualifying.

Also I really hate to say this but looks like someone cant count when it comes to adding up my score for the championship so far... im on far less points.

though I will keep the current points I have on the leaderboard for being honest If no one has any objections to it ;)
 
Good lord Kyaw, has GP been adding these scores up for you?
Me- 115
netherdragon- 106
ProPersian-96
 
Good lord Kyaw, has GP been adding these scores up for you?
Me- 115
netherdragon- 106
ProPersian-96

I wonder what he's been smoking when we are on track :rolleyes:
 
Fixed! Edited the post last page...

I do apologise :P
 
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:




*getting this league back to page 1*:gtpflag:
 
Spa is in a DLC :dunce::t up::bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :eek: :dopey: :drool: :bowdown:


Gonna buy the whole DLC pack....

Next season i can do a home race? :drool:
 
Slipstream week into rules asap :)

And i don't see why we cant add SPA to this season Maxitsu, I think everyone can afford the price for it :)

I'm going to buy the full package myself, but I cant say I'm happy with it..
 
Anyone up for game sharing??
 
we are soon going to have a new member, friend of mine ;)
 
anyone set a time for N24H??
 
Spa is in a DLC :dunce::t up::bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :eek: :dopey: :drool: :bowdown:


Gonna buy the whole DLC pack....

Next season i can do a home race? :drool:

looool maxi

why don't we add spa next week :D
 
Can I suggest; that we take a break this week? It's the middle of the season and Spec II just came out, so I think it fits quite nicely (also because I have half the week off next week for 'Ring practice :p).

Spa will be added into the Season somewhere towards the end, possibly the race before GVS? :)
 
A one week break is fine by me, but I say let's make SPA the final track, then no one need to have ballast on that amazing track :)

And we get a chance to practice it, I haven't really driven it before :P

EDIT: I have a room open for those who want to join.
 
I don't mind when we do Spa, but we will be doing Spa ;)
 
i prefer just racing on the nurburgring.

And we can do a test race at spa next week?
 
Last edited:
we dont drive saturday??
 
I hope we do race...


Can somebody tell me what is gonna happen for Saturday for sure. if we don't start. i go for the 9 houres of Tsukuba....plz let me know ASAP.
 
Last edited:
Back