Interest Check: 2.4 Hour Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 115 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank, I just bought the car, Race modified it and put everything that's allowed on it.
With full downforce front and rear, my 633PP has 564HP (metric?)

I'll let my Bob break it in over night and come back tomorrow with the update on PP/HP.

Just know, like I said before, that our HP indication is always showing a bit more than the US HP, so I think you're fine by using full downforce and then only looking to the PP when downtuning the engine, coming out on 564HP.

Frank, I just bought the car, Race modified it and put everything that's allowed on it.
With full downforce front and rear, my 633PP has 564HP (metric?)

I'll let my Bob break it in over night and come back tomorrow with the update on PP/HP.

Just know, like I said before, that our HP indication is always showing a bit more than the US HP, so I think you're fine by using full downforce and then only looking to the PP when downtuning the engine, coming out on 564HP.

excactly what i did, put the pp on 633 points, powerreducer was about 77.2% and i had about 562 hp, one ore two less, will not make the problem....

excactly what i did, put the pp on 633 points, powerreducer was about 77.2% and i had about 562 hp, one ore two less, will not make the problem....

As break-in miles mounted up, that number on mine every so often had to be adjust down to equal the correct specs. Once break-in happened, mine sits on 70% exactly except when it needs an oil change.

Ok, my ZR1 RM is fully broken in now with 900Km on it.
Oil changed and engine overhauled, I have to put the limiter on 70.4% to get to 633PP (*using full downforce) with 560HP.

560 is the number of HP the track will be limited on in the lounge.

Good point. In case people start buying the car I'll post the specs before they install a non removable upgrade that's restricted by the regs. Note: these specs are not 100% final, but probably 95%. AS Lucas said, don't install the Engine Upgrades for the ZR1. Otherwise I think everything else is safe and/or can be removed.

Car Regulations
908HDIFAP.png
908HDIFAP2.png
  • Class: LMP
  • Car Type: Premium (Available in New Car Dealership)
  • Make: Peugeot
  • Model: 908 HDi FAP '10 - Team Oreca Matmut or Team Peugeot Total
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 735 HP Maximum (735 HP = 100% Power)
  • Weight: 930 KG Minimum (930 KG = 0 KG Ballast)
  • Aero: Up to Max Aero Allowed
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Engine Stage Upgrades: N/A
  • ECU Tuning: N/A
  • Intake System: N/A
  • Exhaust: Titanium Racing Exhaust (Default)
  • Turbo Kits:: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD)
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission (Default)
  • Drivetrain: Adjustable LSD Allowed (Default)
  • Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit Allowed (Default)
  • Brakes: Brake Balance Controller Allowed (Default)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Tunes: Praiano | RKM Motorsport
ZR1RM.png
  • Class: GT
  • Car Type: Premium (Available in New Car Dealership)
  • Make: Corvette
  • Model: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - Race Modified
    [*]Performance Points: N/A
    [*]Power: 549 HP Maximum (549 HP = 70.0% Power with allowed upgrades)
  • Weight: 1100 KG Minimum (1100 KG = 0 KG Ballast)
  • Aero: Up to Max Aero Allowed
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Engine Stage Upgrades: Not Allowed (Engine upgrades are verifiable by checking the RPMs on the HUD)
  • ECU Tuning: Allowed (Add in Tuning Shop)
  • Intake System: All Allowed (Add in Tuning Shop)
  • Exhaust: All Allowed (Add in Tuning Shop)
  • Turbo Kits:: Not Allowed (Supercharger is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD)
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission (Default)
  • Drivetrain: Adjustable LSD Allowed (Default)
  • Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit Allowed (Default)
  • Brakes: Brake Balance Controller Allowed (Default)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Tunes: TBD

Christophe, has this been changed, the N/A PP and 549 HP? Or am I misreading your last post?

Help!!!:scared: :lol:

Ok, my ZR1 RM is fully broken in now with 900Km on it.
Oil changed and engine overhauled, I have to put the limiter on 70.4% to get to 633PP (*using full downforce) with 560HP.

560 is the number of HP the track will be limited on in the lounge.

Broke in the Corvette aswell, 633 pp and i have 564 hp
So i think we all should put it on 549hp, regardless what the pp says, or am i wrong ?

I still strongly suggest we ditch the ZR1 for the Z06 RM. Take my word for it, it's a better car, a better platform, a better race.

Give me a couple of days to level-up and credit-up my NTSC copy of GT5.
I'll try and get to the bottom of this.
As for this moment, use full downforce and put the powerlimiter on 70.0% on the fully broken in ZR1.

I still strongly suggest we ditch the ZR1 for the Z06 RM. Take my word for it, it's a better car, a better platform, a better race.

I have trie'd out both of them now, and you sure got a point. The Z06 has better handling and a little more topspeed. I will test more when the car is fully broken in'. My first opinion is this would be the better choice for an endurance race.

I have trie'd out both of them now, and you sure got a point. The Z06 has better handling and a little more topspeed. I will test more when the car is fully broken in'. My first opinion is this would be the better choice for an endurance race.

We've just been testing the Z06 as well to see how it performs versus the ZR1.
We had originally selected the ZR1 because it such an easy car to drive, and we needed a car that any division of driver could handle for 2.4 hrs.
I find the two Vette's to be similar enough for the purpose of this race (when the ZR1 is power limited), so we will get back to everyone once we have made a final decision on Monday / Tues 👍

Broke in the Corvette aswell, 633 pp and i have 564 hp
So i think we all should put it on 549hp, regardless what the pp says, or am i wrong ?

Don't get concerned about BHP vs HP. When we run our weekly online races EU drivers have cars that list BHP over the displayed HP limit, but they can enter the track with everyone else.
With the ZR1 fully broken in, oil changed, and all required parts installed (intake, exhaust, ECU), just limit the car to 70% power and the car should be at 633 pp.
Remember too that should we go with the ZR1 the room will be restricted by HP, not PP (you can't do both) so if it is set to 549 HP, an identically setup car that shows 564 BHP will pass the regulation check and can enter the track.

Last edited:
I've got two questions:

1 - How many miles/kms to get the car "fully broken". I just got myself a Peugeot 908 and I need to put some mileage in, not sure how much is needed.

2 - I take it for granted that ABS is allowed because that's what was usual in GT5:Prologue when I used to do GTP racing, but I'm not sure about TCS (wasn't used IIRC). I'm asking this because "my" 908, without TCS, only takes from the S/F line to corner 1 in the first lap to eat 5% of the rear tyres :lol:

I won't complain, I think the mastering of a careful feathering of the throttle at all times gives an enormous pleasure to the driver, and the few laps I did were without TCS (my usual), but if TCS is allowed then it would be suicide to try this race without using it.

I've got two questions:

1 - How many miles/kms to get the car "fully broken". I just got myself a Peugeot 908 and I need to put some mileage in, not sure how much is needed.

2 - I take it for granted that ABS is allowed because that's what was usual in GT5:Prologue when I used to do GTP racing, but I'm not sure about TCS (wasn't used IIRC). I'm asking this because "my" 908, without TCS, only takes from the S/F line to corner 1 in the first lap to eat 5% of the rear tyres :lol:

I won't complain, I think the mastering of a careful feathering of the throttle at all times gives an enormous pleasure to the driver, and the few laps I did were without TCS (my usual), but if TCS is allowed then it would be suicide to try this race without using it.

1 - 300km, not sure if it gets broken in any earlier but the GV300 b-spec race is a good 1 to run in cars.

2 - TCS has been allowed in the races I have done so far so I would assume it is available.

1 - T o get the car fully broken in, you need about 300Km on it.
I usually let one of my Bobs run it overnight in an endurance race.

2 - ABS and TCS are optional.

EDIT: Tree'd by Jon

The fastest way to break in a car with bobs is the Indy 500. Almost all full throttle. Just stop race after desired miles are complete.

Announcement: The "survey" has officially closed and the alternate time is the majority choice so mark your calendars:

Special Event III - 2.4 Hour Mixed Class Enduro

Feature Race

Sunday, March 25, 2012

1:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 PM Eastern / 20:00 GMT

img.php

click for the time in your local time zone

We understand that a few drivers will not be able to attend at this time, but that would have been the case with either time slot and this slot results in the highest projected attendance. We will be offering support races on Saturday March 24th in a couple different time slots that everyone can attend whether or not they can participate in the feature race (enduro) on the 25th. Hopefully we can offer some racing "candy" for everyone interested.

Look for the official thread later this evening. All drivers will need to officially register whether or not they filled in the interest check survey.

PS> Please note that the lounges will be open approximately an hour prior to the race for practice and warm ups. Pre-race practice is optional, but drivers will be required to show up in their designated lounge at least 5-10 minutes early. There will be a quick drivers meeting at the top of the hour to review the rules and answer any last minute questions and the race will be started promptly.

Thanks for the replies, I'll do the 300 kms and check the PP after an oil change! And next time I lap Spa with this car I will do it with TCS and see what time I lose/gain in one lap and especially what happens to tyre wear.

IMHO, allowing TCS could take away from some of the challenges of this race. This race is about keeping this monster in control for 2.4 hours, but if TCS can take care of it for you, I feel some of the purpose is being defeated.

With TCS, tire wear is much more manageable and a little bit less is required from you to keep the car pointing in the right direction. Over the course of the race, this could disadvantage the people running with TCS off.

I don't agree with you. TSC could help controller drivers or drivers with average pedal control but it's up to 5 tenths a lap slower I think. It helps tyre wear a bit but the time you lose is too much (for me). So it helps 'slower' drivers and still doesn't penalize 'faster' drivers... That seems like a good choice..
Even if I will have to do this race with a controller I won't use TSC. On top of that I can adjust things like LSD, suspension and transmission to gain some grip on the rear tyres.

IMHO, allowing TCS could take away from some of the challenges of this race. This race is about keeping this monster in control for 2.4 hours, but if TCS can take care of it for you, I feel some of the purpose is being defeated.

With TCS, tire wear is much more manageable and a little bit less is required from you to keep the car pointing in the right direction. Over the course of the race, this could disadvantage the people running with TCS off.

TCS has always been allowed in our events due to the fact that we expect drivers from all GTP divisions to participate (it's always the goal).
Some drivers cannot manage the cars without TCS (sometimes due to DS3 use).
It's not something that speeds you up, in fact it's the opposite, and everytime we tested equal drivers the TCS aided driver(s) lost.

The start will be a rolling start for both classes, so you don't need to worry about burning your tires off at the start.
Had we gone with a standing start, I would probably start in 2nd gear to avoid lighting up the rear tires.

When we first tried the Peugeot, tires were destroyed pretty quickly and keeping the car on the track, and in control was a big problem.
After getting used to the car, and setting it up with a good tune it became very manageable, and the tires were no longer a concern.

Last edited:
Maybe my post was misinterpreted. I'm not advocating the ban on TCS, and I understand perfectly the reason why it is allowed. And I agree that TCS slows you down. However, the approach to an Endurance race is not (only) about getting the better laptime. It is (also) about getting an easier, more consistent ride, and one that is better at tyre wear.

In this trade-off, I do think TCS enabled will be the way to go, not only because it will save tyres more effectively when they are new, but also because it will make for a safer driving when they are reaching the last lap(s) of their stint.

That's why I wrote:
... if TCS is allowed then it would be suicide to try this race without using it.

But in any case I will try to save some time to test this. I have no idea about laptimes and stint durations yet (with any of the cars) but a compromise will be probably the way to go.

Oh and it's good news about the rolling start. With a race as long as 2.4 hours the advantage of grid position or the handicap from starting at the back mean close to zero.

I don't agree with you. TSC could help controller drivers or drivers with average pedal control but it's up to 5 tenths a lap slower I think.

I haven't done any testing for that as I have had TCS off since day one, but if it is indeed slower then I'm ok with it.

TCS has always been allowed in our events due to the fact that we expect drivers from all GTP divisions to participate (it's always the goal).
Some drivers cannot manage the cars without TCS (sometimes due to DS3 use).
It's not something that speeds you up, in fact it's the opposite, and everytime we tested equal drivers the TCS aided driver(s) lost.

My only concern was it could be used as a tire wear management tool, turning it up on worn tires to help get through low speed corners.
But I do agree, the pros to allowing it are much greater, and like I said above, if you do a little bit of time using it, I guess it balances out over time.

Announcement: We're going with the Z06 for the GT class.

It's definitely not because the Z06 is a better handling car than the ZR1 and it's certainly not because of the awful engine rasp of the Z06 (yuck), but because we want to reserve the right to "slow" it down if as we are testing and practice racing we decide we need to increase the performance gap between classes. The power curve of the ZR1 at the proposed specs was already too flat and definitely left no room to lower it further. Adding ballast would be an option, but when all things are considered the Z06 will give us a little more room to maneuver.

Note that we will finalize specs for qualifying before the qualification window begins and quali specs will NOT be subject to change after that point. Any later changes implemented to improve multi-class racing will only apply to the races (and hopefully won't be required at all).

For those of you who went out and spent credits and time on the ZR1 don't dismay. We're going to find a way to use the ZR1 in a future event. Personally, I love the ZR1, but at it's full potentially and not bridled as it would have been in this multi-class event.

Tim, probably a dumb noob question, but the Z06 (C5) '04 or the Z06 (C6) '06?

Just want to hit up my rich uncle for the coins. :sly:

For those of you who went out and spent credits and time on the ZR1 don't dismay. We're going to find a way to use the ZR1 in a future event. Personally, I love the ZR1, but at it's full potentially and not bridled as it would have been in this multi-class event.

Great, I have another ZR1 that is loaded!!!

Tim, probably a dumb noob question, but the Z06 (C5) '04 or the Z06 (C6) '06?

Just want to hit up my rich uncle for the coins. :sly:

Great, I have another ZR1 that is loaded!!!

Z06 (C6) '06 as it's the only one of the two that can be race modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back