Interest Check: Forza 2 Racing Series

• Thread starter TopHat
  • 92 comments
Cars with stickers and words all over them are not my style. So I'll slap a number on the side of a car and end it there.

who'll decide the numbers ?

I think some rules, and more info should be decieded now since there seem to be enough people interested in this

I can't do this come to think of it, I'm not going to have access to my Xbox for 6 weeks.

I don't mind the class, but we need some definitive guidelines to get working on. Should there be a power limit and weight limit independent of the class limit?

Just to clarify this: We are going to be actually racing eachother.

I've gone over the classes, and I think that class B is the best choice for the initial series. Most cars are easy to get up to B-Class, thus resulting in varied cars on the track. :)

Ok, so when's the race scheduled? I can do pretty much any time Friday after 6pm GMT and this Saturday shot of something needing seeing to I should be free all day. Thursday would have to be late, after 10pm GMT anything earlier than that and I won't be in long enough.

How about someone come up with a definitive guideline first? I'm getting dizzy from all the suggestion.

Class Limitation?
Weight Limitation?
Drivetrain limitation?
Car model limitation?
Selection of Cars?

I think it's simply a class limitation. At least for the first race anyhow, I suppose that's best, start off simple and see how it goes from there.

I think that this weekend would be pretty good for the first few races.

The first race or so would just be simple class limitations.

I've narrowed down my selection to two cars for myself:

B 700 Mini Cooper, 275 HP, 271 pounds feet of tourque. Full weight reduction.

B 699 Corvette Grand Sport, 350HP, 330 pounds feet of tourqe.

I'm leaning towards Mini. :)

I haven't picked a car yet, I'm in the middle of tuning a Tuscan R into a GT beast, after tonight I'll put that to the side for now and sort out a B class car that I hope will be on a par with the rest of what you guys can come up with.

Ok if its this weekend (Sunday,Saturday) then I'm for it ... I will start my game 2moro so should be able to prgress until then :D:D as its going to be Forza 24/7 :P

B class 700 '05 Mustang GT

Its pretty bad so far. The back end is still loose despite all the tuning I put into this. I have a class C 550 '05 STI that can get a better time than this one. If anyone can help me tune this it would be greatly appreateated (sp:ouch:).

EDIT: It has a different body kit on it now and I will probly do some slight changes to the paint but thats basically it.

I'll throw a number on the side of it at the last minute. But this is definitely my vehicle for this series. (This is the 3rd car I built for this..)

Hmmm..... A challenger appears!

Someone just sold me an E36 M3 w/about 10K dollars worth of mods for 30K credits! I'll have to see how this turns out. :D

EDIT: Ooh, I've made a good bit of cash on the AH overnight.... More tuning moneys.

I've just built a B class car which I hope will be quick enough, I can't post pictures though, I have a problem with my Microsoft Live ID which they haven't sorted out yet. It's a B700 Jaguar E-Type, it's very nimble but pretty loose, I'll have to try a few setups to get the best from it but I like it.

Too bad I won't be able to fine tune my cars tonight.... Not at my moms house.... I can't find my wireless adapter. :(

Err... Already making money I see.... :grumpy:

Wait, thats good! I have merch!

That'll be 20,000 credits please! :D

The rule is that you have to be driving a B class car. Just keeping it simple for now. :)

But what about tracks..... I guess that Sebring would be good, but for how many laps? 5 for Sebring would be around 10-12 minutes long for a race....

But it would make it more interesting.

Or we could go for a longer race on a shorter track.... Tsukuba Short for maybe.... 15 laps or so?

If we do a speedway race, We could have a pacecar... Yellow flags and whatnot.

I used to do this all the time in FM1. Great times.

Okey dokey then.

We have a class to race in.

I say that we race this weekend, once I get my mic from my dads house. Track idea's include: Tsukuba(Short also), Sebring (Any track) or any dang track. These are my ideas. :)

WELCOME TO THE TEAM KELLER GARAGE​

I'll be running one of these cars:

2000312618335800498_rs.jpg

#93 B699 MINI Cooper S
2002906569595123178_rs.jpg

#93 B700 Corvette Grand Sport

2005209850848991168_rs.jpg

#93 B698 BMW M3

Well, I've made my car I hope to use, no idea if it will be fast or not but that's half the fun ;)

I like the BMW above, very old school.

carlton2lv2.jpg

carltonlj5.jpg

hmmmm I can already see the wheelarch area needs improving heh, all sponsors are parts on the car apart from Koni which I included in the GTP race number thingy.

Cool Carlton KSaiyu!

I was toying around with one... Didn't seem to be albe to make it as good as my other cars.

Back