Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,743 comments
Hello Everyone and greetings to all 🤙
My name is Emanuel 🙂
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - Well it all started way back when, probably in times of the PS3 period and Gran Turismo 5 when googling for good car setups or some sort of racing tips 👍
  • Where are you from? - I'm from Portugal
  • When did you start playing racing games? - I'm an "old school guy" (not dinosaur 😅) so i would say back in the 8-bit era of gaming 🤙
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - Yes, nowadays i use a steering wheel for my SimRacing games namely a 'Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition + TLCM Pedals + TH8A Shifter. I still use the controller for a more Arcade type of racing games.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Like a proper "old school" gamer i enjoy playing a great variaty of vídeo-games 🤙
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - I'm mostly looking forward in exchanging racing games knowledge, tips and ideas between everyone 🤙😉
And that's a wrap guys
See you all in some topic 😅👍

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
HI,
-I came across this site a number of times in the past when looking up information on various racing games
-I am from Australia
-When I was about 3 or 4 I was introduced to a Karting game called Manic Karts
-I started using a wheel about 2 weeks ago. Still fresh!
-I enjoy Grand Prix 4, F1 Championship Edition, GT7 and want to get into iRacing
-Not sure yet. Probably taking in as much knowledge from all the experienced sim racers

Hi everyone,
  • just searched DuckDuckGo for a GT forum
  • Germany
  • I'm old: started racing games with "Super Monaco Grand Prix" on the Sega Genesis (="Mega Drive" in Europe). For those who don't know: that was in the early eighties...
  • Controller only. BTW does anybody remember the NeGcon? Best Controller ever, you could have driven a real racecar with that.
  • None
  • Don't know yet, let's see

Greetings to all!

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

hello my name is chesh im new to the gt community i am from england and have always been interested in gt i started getting into racing games this year i cant wait to see my journey on gt i am 13 years of age my dad created me this account as he was the one that got me into this i cant wait i have a rig thats played by me and my dad (mostly) i cannot wait to start this new adventurous journey on gt

• Where are you from?

:gtpflag:Hello! Thanks for having me on board. I am a novice at pretty much everything digital. I bought a PS4 to fly planes and race/drive cars. So I then followed up by getting PROJECT CARS 2 and Gt Sport. Seeking info online concerning the GtSport I happened upon Gtplanet. I am quite new at this so I have quite a hill of learning to drive up. I am in first gear, you could say. I started racing on my PS4 just a few months ago. I picked up an inexpensive wheel/2-pedal set. Ferrari T80. (GTB 488, I think it is called). I don't play any non racing games except Scrabble. Learning new stuff is why I am here.

Hi,
I'm Patrick from France, 54 years old
I like to play Assetto Corsa. I have others race simulators (Assetto Corsa Competizione, Projects Cars 2 Automobilista 2) but I always come back to Assetto Corsa due to his mods possibilities. Thanks to all modders to make it still alive !
I use Thrustmaster T300RS and VR (Oculus Risft S)
I like also Flight Simulators (DCS, IL2 Great Battles)

Hi All,

Found GTPlanet while looking for others' opinions on the GT7 tyre model and how they were coping with it. My own thoughts in my first post here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-tire-model.409503/

I'm from Australia.

First started playing racing games in the mid 80s. Went on to cofound Ratbag (Games) and was principally involved in the driving models and AI for our dirt track racing games. Had a long hiatus until I recently got a PS5.

I'm using a T300RS GT married with a Playseat challenge set in front of a 65 inch TV.

I've previously played FPS shooters and some VR games. Might get back into them when time and my new sim racing obsession permit.

Most looking forward to discussing physics and feedback in GT7 and future titles.

Hey everyone,

Found you when browsing the web for GT7 information and it looks a great resource.

I’m new to sim racing, always struggled with the games but really enjoyed them non the less, all on console, first GT I played on PS2 I believe. Got back into it with GT7 and my new PS5.

Watching a few streamers and playing GT7 I’ve got a bug for it, mostly playing on PS5 but I have also hooked up my gaming PC and had a blast on ACC once I figured out how to start the car haha. Mostly looking around at getting started stuff, before diving in online but I do have a couple of wins online in daily races. Currently rank C and S. not bad seeing as I’m a complete novice.

My name is Jamie, I am from the UK. My rig setup is

P1X
DD Pro with McLaren GT3 wheel
PS5

PC
3090ti
64gb ram DDR 5
i9 12900KS

LG 42’ 2022 evo 122hz

Real life I drive a Telsa Model 3 Performance.

If you want anyone to join up with online in any games, have any advice or anything else hit me up. PSN ninja-dad-84

See you at the starting grid

Hi everyone. I've been on this site before, looking for setups for a F1 game I was playing at the time. I suck at tuning, so I always look for setups to see if I can improve. I'm from South Africa, been playing games since I was a teen. I have recently been getting more and more into racing games, although I have been playing F1 games since forever, but only recently started with GT7 and I also am trying out Assetto Corsa (really hard). I use a steering wheel, but it doesn't have force feedback, would love to have a T150, at least, but it's just too expensive for me. Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. Cheers!

Hello to everyone.... my name is Dave... I'm new to sim racing have been playing video games for as long as I can remember, but just recently discovered Assetto Corsa and the modding community and am absolutely immersed in it right now ... My only downfall is that I don't use a steering wheel and I'm stuck using a controller for now but I'm doing my very best to get good enough to hopefully one day compete online against others who are also into SIM racing

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hello and thanks for having me! Found GTP way back in the late 2000s when I got my PS3. Very informative corner of the internet😎
Racing from Plettenberg Bay, South Africa!🇿🇦 I got into GT3 in 2003 and I was hoooked. Had GT4, 5 & 6 but in the middle 2010s, interest waned and PS4 was 💰💰. My GT passion was recently ignited after playing GT7 at a friend and then ordered the PS5 (being delivered today!🥳) I did have a cheapie steering wheel and pedals with my old PS3. Might get one for PS5 but haven't looked at that seriously yet. I am pretty hooked on GT, no other game has done it for me quite like this one.
I enjoy reading people's takes on the game.

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone I'm Micke,

- I found Gt Planet on the net, searching for car tunes
-I come from Italy 🇮🇹
-Started playing racing games when I was a child, I love cars
-I play with Logitech G29
-I like fps and adventure games
-I'm looking forward to find new friends and many advices from experienced gamers

See ya 🚘

Hi. John from Blighty.
Been playing racing games since the original GT, TOCA, Colin McRae Rally.
Never used a wheel, only pads for me.
Like all sorts of games except for FPS - currently splitting time between GT7 and WWE, recently completed 2nd playthrough of Demon’s Souls.

Found this place whilst looking for some GT7 tips. Thought I might as well join up, have a chat and a laugh at how slow I am.

• its like you cant avoid it if you ask google virtually anything about GT
  • austria
  • 1996/1997 ...ish
  • yes. thrustmaster
  • nothing special...dying light, gta, the occasional fifa
  • info and help mostly

Last edited:
  • How did you find GTPlanet? I found it looking for car Tunes.
  • Where are you from? United States
  • When did you start playing racing games? Crusin series on N64
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No,but I want to get one for PS5, any recommendations?
  • What other games do you enjoy? Ace Combat,Forza mostly Flight Sims and Racing sims with a few RPG's mixed in.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Finding like minded people to enjoy my automotive passion with and to compete against.

Hi. John from Blighty.
Been playing racing games since the original GT, TOCA, Colin McRae Rally.
Never used a wheel, only pads for me.
Like all sorts of games except for FPS - currently splitting time between GT7 and WWE, recently completed 2nd playthrough of Demon’s Souls.

Found this place whilst looking for some GT7 tips. Thought I might as well join up, have a chat and a laugh at how slow I am.
If anyone is in need of someone to prop up their leaderboards, I’m usually good for last place - PSN ID is Fezzik1983.

• How did you find GTPlanet? GT7 Geezer club recommended.
  • Where are you from? Birch Bay, WA
  • When did you start playing racing games? 1999
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes, G29
  • What other games do you enjoy? Don't play any other games.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Keeping track of upcoming GT7 Geezer events.

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone, good to be here.
Can’t really remember how I found GT Planet, possibly from social media. I am originally from Greece but live in the U. S. I’ve played several installments of the GT franchise over the years, but I started racing online for the 1st time with GTS 2 years ago. This made me upgrade my gear and so I have a setup including a Fanatec CSL Elite and V3 pedals, McLaren wheel, GT Omega alum profile rig and I’m playing on PS5. I do t actually play anything else, but I may expand to a different title one day. I joined this community to stay informed and interact with other members who enjoy the game. Cheers to everyone!

Not exactly an introduction... but I was active here while GT5 was big! I was probably in my early teens and had to drop out of many competitive races, lol.

I'm getting a little bit of interest in sim racing again but am unsure how long that interest will last or if it will become competitive. I don't own anything right now except for the old Gran Turismo games so that might be as far as my interest goes. I remembered this forum when looking for a community and thought to log in for the first time in years. Hi again, even if it's only for this post :)

• Where are you from?

Looking for tunes on innter net came up Kokomo Indiana ever since grand trisomy no gta5 call of duty Cold war tune cars making money gt5 are you on Facebook in case need help voltswagen tune

I found GTPlanet by google search.
  • Where are you from?
New Orleans, LA
I started on forza Motorsport when I was around 9.
I’ve never owned a steering wheel for racing games in my life. Have always used a controller.
I play a lot of fifa, I’m in a online career mode styled league in a discord. There are 4 different leagues with over 90 active managers from all over the world. I also play apex, D2, rdr2, and other varied games on the PS4.
Finding more like minded community that is into Grand Turismo.

Hey all

I'm a new Forza fan. I had played the Burnout games exhaustively back in the days of the original Xbox and the 360, but never really played any of the less arcadey titles. I've recently tried Horizon 5 since it was included in the Xbox game pass and fell in love. I've really enjoyed the livery editor too, nearly as much as the freeroam and online races.

I found the forums through Google looking for info, reading a few threads on racing, tuning etc. I decided to participate, and was interested in Liveries and Collab potential, so I signed up :)

Looking forward to it!

• Where are you from?

Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for about 6 months, and finally decided to create an account.
  1. I found GTP because I picked up GT Sport this past Christmas, and I was looking for some tunes to make myself more competitive. The amount of tunes available on this site is amazing and has helped me decrease my lap times.
  2. I currently live in Indianapolis, IN - originally from the suburbs of Chicago, IL.
  3. I first dabbled in the racing world about 20 years ago when my friend bought GT3 and a racing wheel.
  4. DS4 for this middle-aged dude.
  5. Game genres that I enjoy are sports, racing, real-time sims, and old school first-person shooters (WW2-era COD for example).
  6. I'd like to become a more active member of this community and meet some others to race with/against.

Hi there,

I found you guys while looking for mods for my shifter, I am from the UK, I started playing driving games oh way back then, first sim was flight sim on the apple IIe, first taste of a driving game was test drive, back then that was really good, but my first real experience of a good driving sim was geoff crammond formula one grand prix, since then I love driving and flying games.

I use a wheel for the last few years I had a g920 with h shifter, I gave that to him and got a g29, but there was some weird FFB deadzone on it so I sent it back and now coming today is a g923, hope this one does not have a deadzone either as my old g920 doesn't

I enjoy a whole load of games really, sim wise its got to be VR I can't panel race anymore, American truck sim is good DCS IL2 BOS AMS2 etc non VR games ranges from anything really.

I am just looking for a good place to discuss racing and mods and any improvments and ideas.

Thanks for having me
Andrew

Back