Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,711 comments
Hello to all, my name is Mike.

I've known about GT Planet for years and I'm just now making an account. Shame on me. I'm from the US. NJ to be more specific. I've been playing racing games since I was a child. I'm an old man now. 36 years young. Lol. I play on a PS4 Pro using a DualShock. One day I'll get a wheel. Maybe a PS5. Only time will tell. I enjoy other games like Need for Speed, Battlefield, Ghost of Tsushima, and Battlefront to name a few. I look forward to sharing photos that I take both in Scapes and race replays. I'm also looking forward to connecting with others.

Hello all,
Found this site a couple years ago looking up answers to questions concerning Gran Turismo. I'm from the greater Philadelphia area and I probably started playing racing games pretty early since the days of Arcades and Atari but have played every iteration of the Gran Turismo franchise and am really enjoying 7. I currently do not have a sim rig but will eventually, as well as a gaming PC once parts and pricing stabilize. Really like the idea of racing leagues for iRacing, etc...I'm a racer IRL as well, with a couple class championships in regional autoX and have started the switch to track driving. Open world games are fun as well as shooters but I'm more into the story modes. Just here for info, tips and tricks.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi Jordan, My son told me about GTPlanet.
I'm from Queensland Australia.
Both my son and I started playing about 25 years ago, i think it was the first Gran Turismo.
It was my 65th birthday in May and my son bought a PS5 and GT7 game for me, so we are both still playing Gran Turismo! even though he lives over a thousand kilometres away.
My son uses a wheel and all the gear, I am still on the controller, but that may change soon as I can't match his times and I'm blaming the controller!
I only play GT7 at the moment.
I'm hoping to learn a few tips and tricks on tuning etc, and maybe pass on some info if I ever get good enough.
Thanks for running this site, there is a lot of information here.

Geoff / Termin8or

Hello to start how’s it going?
A friend ma share the Forza Colour Sheet
France (translation reverso)
Long ago
No
multiplayer car on xbox because my old pc goes not far
share I would say
sorry if this is not right for you

Hey everyone im Glen, 38 years from Norway, i found this site from searching tunes on the internet.
I started playing racing games when i was very young, i have played from Gt1-7 and mostly all the NFS.
I play on the PS5 with a controller.
Im looking forward to learn more about tuning, tips and tricks to be a better driver.

Thanks for having me here

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

i found gtplanet while browsing for gt sport update notes
im from australia
when i was around 5 [2014]
i just bought a Driving Force GT but i always play with controller
i enjoy metal gear, ace combat and flight sims
helping out with the community

• Where are you from?

From an online user
South Carolina USA
GT 2 have no idea how log ago that was.
No I use the controller.
I most play racing games, I like GT better than the rest
Finding setup and tip to help me get faster

• Where are you from?

Thanks for accepting me. I'm John, from Myrtle Beach South Carolina US. I ws searching for setups in the wen and found you guys. I'm having trouble with suzuka. Can't finish higher than 4th with assistance. I just started playing a month ago and I currently use the controller. Don't have the steering wheel set up yet. I've had my best luck with the tuned down Red bull X2019. Did all I can do to finish 4th. Once again I'm not on the level to drive without assistance yet, been playing around with it to get more comfortable but haven't learned all the breaking points. I us a manual transmission at the moment but trying to get better with shifting. Any ideas you can give me as far as gear ratio, handling works great with assistance and not bad without it. Just need to learn breaking point.
Thank you in advance

• Where are you from?

Hi

Hey all

I'm a new Forza fan. I had played the Burnout games exhaustively back in the days of the original Xbox and the 360, but never really played any of the less arcadey titles. I've recently tried Horizon 5 since it was included in the Xbox game pass and fell in love. I've really enjoyed the livery editor too, nearly as much as the freeroam and online races.

I found the forums through Google looking for info, reading a few threads on racing, tuning etc. I decided to participate, and was interested in Liveries and Collab potential, so I signed up :)

Looking forward to it!
Well I'm Chris and good luck with this and the Forza stuff. I signed up here to make friends and get help/guidance in GT. Gt7 will be the challenging one, see GT sport was just training or a break between the GT6 and GT7 games. Have fun here, you'll meet plenty of friends here!

hey everyone! I'm sam. I first found GT Planet while looking for some stuff in Forza. I signed up so that I could find people that are also interested in racing games and hope to find people who are up to play online at times. I live in North Carolina, USA.

The first experience I had with racing games was when I was 4 or 5 playing "Jeep Thrills" for the Wii. My first experience with a proper racing sim was in 2012 (tomorrow will be 10 years since we've had it, in fact!) when my dad purchased a PS3 bundled with a copy of GT5 XL Edition.

Other racing games I play include Forza Motorsport 4, 6, and 7, every Forza Horizon game, Gran Turismo 5, 6, and 7, and (to a lesser extent) The Crew 2. The consoles I play on included the PS3 and PS5, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, among others.

Hey guys, I'm reintroducing myself. I used to be very active here back when GT5 came out, but haven't been around for a while. I'm loving GT7, still wanting a PS5 but enjoying it on PS4. I've been playing since this 1st game back when I was 6 or 7. I feel old for just scrolling this site on my phone when the last time i was active here, I didn't have a smart phone. I might still own the same car in person too from when I was last here. I'll have to look at old posts.
Edit: I just noticed my sig has a link to my s13 and miata. I still own the miata. Maybe I'll post an update on it later.

On a side note while I'm here. Any recommendations for drift tunes for the Z33 on GT7 with controller. I want to into drifting in this game, but it's been a learning experience.

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm Paul, from the midwestern United States. I play lots of racing games, like Forza, Wreckfest, and most recently Assetto Corsa for PC. Been playing racing games since I could hold a controller, played so much Nascar 2000, F1 2001, and Burnout.

I found GTPlanet through my search for AC mods, and boy the threads here helped a bunch! I don't have a sim rig, or even a wheel for that matter, but I make an Xbox 360 controller work for me. I've been posting AC track skins on Race Department, and
it's been very fun making content.

Hello everyone,

I've been following GTplanet for at least ten years now. Wanted to join the forums for a long time, but when you're in my shoes 24 hours in a day is never enough! I can certainly appreciate all the knowledge, passion and sharing of all the people here, so I will try my best to do my part whenever I have the chance to add anything purposeful to the discussion.

From Canada.

Been playing racing games since Turbo on ColecoVision, Nintendo, Sega, classic arcade games growing up...you name it! and of course every GT game up until now with GT7 on PS4 and DS4.
I share this passion with my teenage son nowadays, so cool!

Started motor racing at 4.
I've been a professional Race Driving Instructor for over 10 years already, now Chief Instructor. Been in everything from an original swapped Mini to a Senna, SF-90, 488 Challenge Evo, WRC STi, Nascar, Formulas on track and pretty much everything in between, so I can discuss physics all day long! But still I try to learn and improve everyday 😉

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello Iam New to gt planetAND i was introduced through browsing on the internet, I Love cars Specially FERRARIS AND LAMBORGHINIS my favorite car is THE FERRARI 458 SPECIALE. I LIVE IN canada.

Hey all, how's it going? I go by Hiiro and I'm excited to be here! I'm 34 and have been playing racing Sims for as long as I can remember..Gt1-4 didn't play 5 but dabbled in 6 a bit but didn't play sport at all. I'm a huge car fan as I'm sure most of us are. F1, Forza, need for speed, Acc, dirt hell anything to do with cars and I'm there! Anyone remember Sega Gt 2002 for the original xbox?! Haha...I've mostly used controller but I've just grabbed a logi G29 it literally came today. I'm from the U.S. east coast, I watched a buddies YouTube video and he suggested joining a racing league and posted a link to the one he's apart of so I just googled Gt7 league and you guys came up.i don't really have a particular reason for joining, I guess it would mainly be to make friends to chat and race with. I don't play online much, looking to change that though. Hoping to find some competitive racing and to ultimately "get good" as they say. I also play a wide variety of other games, I have pc, xbox and switch as well so really depends on how I'm feeling any given time but GT7 is my current obsession. I think that should answer most of the questions if you guys have any more please feel free to ask. Also my psn is uhh_umm_whatt feel free to add me and can give xbox gt or steam username upon request. I hope all of you are well and looking forward to hearing from you and being active in the community! Cheers😁👍✌️

Hi everyone, I'm Simon.
GT7 racer looking for help with set up and like-minded people to race with. ( Sick of getting smashed about in sport! ) PSN Frank134081

Happy racing 🏁

• Where are you from?

Hey
Browsing
South Africa
Since a kid
Tgt2
AC,Fifia
Providing and finding tips and tunes

• Where are you from?

Been on this website to gain knowledge on racing sims for years, today i finally decided to join this amazing community.

Heya, I’m Mirai
I’m an 18 year-old car and retro gaming fanatic from the greatest county in England, Yorkshire. I lived in Florida for a few years and moved back to the UK in 2011, a decision which both me and my family somewhat regret considering this country’s reputation for miserable weather (Although this year seems to have other ideas).
I’m Genderfluid, so I go by all pronouns. He/They/She, whatever you feel comfortable with (I prefer They/Them if you don’t know me personally). Cya around!

• Where are you from?

• Where are you from?

I found gtplanet looking for setups ni google
i’m forma madrid
i’ m playing Arce games about 20 years ago or more
i’m playing forza, f1, gt and project cars
i hope to be able to collaborate un whats i can

• Where are you from?

Hi Jordan thanks for the welcome and the site which I found via google with your article illustrating the Hotwheels extension to Forza H5.I use a joystick, been playing since the Amiga 500 days. As a Forza tragic with a normal life to live I must on occasion turn to the experience of others to solve seasonals etc. Hope I can share mine also.🤔😊🙏🏾

• Where are you from?

Hi thanks for accepting me. I found your site through gt7 needed some tuning tips. Oh thank btw they are spot on. Just starting using logitec g29 wheel. Takes a bit of getting used after years with controler. But getting there.

Hello everyone,

I have known gt planet for years now and might even have another account that I have forgotten everything about lol.

I registered again because I have been back to GT for about a year now, through GT Sport. I am a day one GT enthusiast, starting with the first installment, on PS1.

I haf lost faith in GT at some point (GT5 prologue I believe) because I just couldn't stand the engine sounds anymore (you know what I mean).

I was very pleasantly suprised in that department and others, when I tried GT Sport, only because my brother gifted me his used PS4 when switching to PS5.

Cheers to all and thanks to the creator/admins of the forum.

• Where are you from?

Hello one and all.

-I've actually known about GTPlanet for quite a few years, I can't remember how exactly I found out about it, probably while I was looking for articles about the latest Forza games back in the mid to late 2010s. The reason I'm making my account now is because I wanted to stay on top of any news about GT Sport and its servers, as well as meet people like me who are still foolishly clinging on to it :)

- I'm from Texas

- Honestly, I've been playing racing games for as long as I can remember. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think the first I've ever played was Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit on PC, playing splitscreen with my older brothers when I was around 5 or 6

- Right now, I have a Thrustmaster tmx that I mainly use to occasionally play Assetto Corsa on PC. Unfortunately, I can't use it to play any GT games, since the wheel only works exclusively for xbox consoles & PC.

- Aside from racing games, I used to be a huge fan of Valve, played a lot of Half life, Portal, Counter strike, and even a little bit of TF2, and for the most part these were my introduction to non-racing games. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer though, I'm mostly playing catch up to a lot of classic series I've never played before. Right now I'm in the middle of going through the Metal Gear Solid series for the first time; I've already finished the first 2 and am partway through the third, they're still a really great series of games!

- Honestly, I really just want to find some people to enjoy GT Sport with before it inevitably dies. I only started playing it early this year after I purchased it to go with a hand-me-down PS4 I received recently, since I wanted a GT game for it but wasn't willing to spend $60 for GT7. Right now, I'm basically playing it as much as I can while I'm still able to. Coming from someone who grew up playing GT4, I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed Sport. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it's an underappreciated gem, and I'll be really sad to see it go when the time finally comes.
Anyway, I hope to engage in new communities and meet lots of cool people on the site in the future :)

hi guys, 41 year old fella from switzerland here. i am usually at home in rally games, but GT has always been my first love :-)

How did you find GTPlanet? Friends
Where are you from? USA
When did you start playing racing games? GT5
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No but soon
What other games do you enjoy? Ready or not, Battlefield games, FS22,
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Needing help in converting some decals, who ever wants to do them, since I too do a small bit of creating liveries, not very good at them

Latest Posts

Back