Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,742 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi All 😁👋
I found GTplanet whilst looking for some tips on GT7
I’m from the UK
I started in the early 90’s back on GT2 and in my opinion GT A Spec was the best until they decided to go back to their roots with GT7 👍
I use a PS5 controller
Regarding games I’m an all rounder love a bit of everything except Final Fantasy just never liked em 🤷‍♂️
I’m looking forward to speaking to like minded people and getting tips and the like 😁😁👍

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

I found gt planet cuz my frikin ferrari 458 in gt7 keeps oversteering hard so had to find setups that would help me

I am from Philippines

I started 2015 cuz i fell in love in wrc damn they do be fast

I play in controller so dont be complaining about aim assist in racing 😑.... nah jk 😂

I play apex but quitted cuz got too good with it so recently i play cod warzone so hit me up anytime

Im looking forward to find more good set ups and ngl pls dont ban me the website do have the vibes of PH lol anyways thanks!!!

Hi from Italy, after years of reading this forum anonymously I decided to make an account 😅
Playing GT since the first one on PlayStation back when I was a kid returning home after school falling in love with the Escudo and the Supra GT500

I found gtplanet when I googled to find out if I can win cars in GT Sport employing only Arcade mode. So far, the answer may be no.

Virtuous

• Where are you from?

• I found GTPlanet by searching for GT7's information.
  • I'm from China.
  • Late 90s GT2 & GT3, then blank, now GT7.
  • Just started with the steering wheel, TGT2.
  • Asseto Corsa & Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • Hope to find some professional guides and just chitchat.
:cheers:

57 Years and my Hobby is still gaming . Pad user atm but maybe there is room for an upgrade 🤓
I would like to add some Guys/Girls from NRW(Essen) to psn to compare stats in Online Races .
I managed to reach C in Sport and still improving.
My last Racer was GT5 a long time ago.
I found this Forum with google and was pretty sure it is the Best

• How did you find GTPlanet? / Doing Google searches for racing games.

• Where are you from? / Wisconsin, U.S.A.

• When did you start playing racing games? / It would have to be Rad Racer for NES, but that really doesn't count too much, so it would have to be the 1st Gran Turismo .

• Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? / Logitech G27, for GT 5&6 on PS3.
  • I want to get a Fanatec all in one setup to use across my PS3, PS5 & XBox One S.

• What other games do you enjoy? / In addition to the Gran Turismo series, (I have all seven GT games! Prologue and Sport don't count too much.) I also have Forza Motorsport 6&7. Project Cars 2, but that is rather difficult w/ a controller. And a few of The Need for Speed games. (for when I feel like doing arcade-type stuff ) RPG's, some action games, etc. (Old school & new. Across many platforms, yeah, I'm a bit of a gamer, ha!)

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? / To give& get info on stuff. Maybe to make some friends and have fun here.

• Where are you from?

yo im ray. ive passed through the forums throughout the years and decided to join. im an american from southern california.

ive been playing racing games since i was 2 starting with the Top Gear series and playing Gran Turismo 3 when i was 4 (2000 celica ftw). i use wheel and shifter whenever i can and used a g25 for about 10 months when i was able to get a ps3 and gran turismo. the amount of times id stay awake till 4:00 am time attacking the nordschleife sweating my balls off was too much (or not enough perhaps). currently using controller for Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5 and its nice. haptic triggers arent linear enough imo but ill suffer till they are or can be adjusted. i love and enjoy cod 4, resdient evil 4, GT3, nfsu2, doom 1 and 2, and rocket league.

im most looking foward on asking questions that i havent found on here or encouraging the kids to join the race. im gonna try my best to make the forums a habit bc its cool see racers from all the different coastlines, all of these ways of thinking. its awesome

p.s. shoutout to spotify, chasing glory on rainy Spa while listening to Homework is the finest form of media.

Hey there, I'm a 30 something from the Netherlands. Have been following GT Planet for tips & tricks since the release of GT:7. My return to the series since GT:5 on PS3. Have been playing the GT series since I was a kid.

I'm currently playing with a controller by the next step will be getting the Thrustmaster T300 wheel set-up. Besides GT I play a wide variety of other stuff. Mostly single player focussed games like The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima and soon upcoming game Stray. But I've also put in many hours in the FIFA and Animal Crossing series.

Decided to make an account so I can at least ask my questions or add to discussions where I see fit. Currently ranked C/S driver in sports so I don't expect too many of you have met me in lobbies yet since I feel like most drivers here are A/A+ ranked.

Hey there, I'm a 30 something from the Netherlands. Have been following GT Planet for tips & tricks since the release of GT:7. My return to the series since GT:5 on PS3. Have been playing the GT series since I was a kid.

I'm currently playing with a controller by the next step will be getting the Thrustmaster T300 wheel set-up. Besides GT I play a wide variety of other stuff. Mostly single player focussed games like The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima and soon upcoming game Stray. But I've also put in many hours in the FIFA and Animal Crossing series.

Decided to make an account so I can at least ask my questions or add to discussions where I see fit. Currently ranked C/S driver in sports so I don't expect too many of you have met me in lobbies yet since I feel like most drivers here are A/A+ ranked.
Hello from a fellow C/S = not all aliens here.

• Where are you from?

I found it whilst looking up set ups to beat har tuned on GT1
United Kingdom
WHen I was 3
no wheel
I enjoy all generes of games
help, advice and thats it thanks

Hi guys.
1. I found GTP from the GT sub-reddit
2. Indonesia
3. I first started 17 years ago when I was gifted a PS2 with GT4 by my dad.
4. No.
5. I mostly play GTA and Need for Speed when I’m not fumbling around with the car settings in Gran Turismo.
6. I’m looking forward to meet new people with similar passion and tips on the game.

¡Hola a todos, soy Juan y soy de España! Soy nuevo aquí pero no nuevo en la saga GT, juego desde 1999 en GT1!!!

Last edited:
Hello! I had found GTPlanet from awhile back through Twitter, I've been playing racing games since I was little, but only dove deeper into it between 2012-2014 with the help of a former friend, my first serious racing games were NASCAR '14 & Gran Turismo 6 but I've never had any real steering wheel controllers. I also enjoy sandbox type games like Minecraft, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, and GTA. (Vice City, San Andreas, IV & V)
I look forward to make connections with fellow members & help bring more liveries for the GT7 Community to enjoy!

Hey, I know GT Planet for some years. I startet in GT Sport and now switched to GT7 from beginning on. As I am user of a PS5 since 3 days and got some trouble with transferring my data, I decided to start an conversation here.

I am 38 old an just in the DR A+ since one week. :-)

- I found GTPlanet on Google.
  • Where are you from?
- I come from China, but I'm living in Germany now.
- My first racing game is NFS2 when I was a child. But when I actually get into racing game was when I got my PS5 and started playing GT7
- I'm planing to play with a steering wheel when I finish my study. Now I play with my PS5 controller.
- I also play FH5 for fun, and I've bought AC a long time ago.
- I'm looking forward to learning some game tricks about GT7.

• Where are you from?

1. Found GTPlanet while looking for new info on GT7 when they announced the game. (2. I'm from Los Angeles. I Served in the U.S. Army and got stationed At FT. Jackson, Redstone Alabama, Eglin AFB Florida, Schofield Barracks Hawaii, Task Force Eagle Bosnia, and last but not least Cobra Gold Vietnam. I could say I've gotten around. (3. I've been playing racing games since the ATARI 7800! (4. I tried the steering wheel, didn't like it. I'm disabled (left index finger crushed while putting a Heli in a hangar), and it was taxing on my left hand! (5. I play everything from FPS to RPG. Anything that's fun. (6. Just contributing to this community of digital Jalopniks! I've been into cars since my first hot wheels! Grew up around the corner from LACR drag strip (Hot Import nights), and 15 minutes from Willow Springs! Just to share car knowledge with the younger guys and gals!

Found GT Planet through tuning recommendations on the subreddit.
Played the original GT's ages ago so when I decided to get back into console gaming, picked GT7 up right away.
Did actually pick up a g29 not long after. I've been mostly happy with it.
From the United States, and I play a fairly wide variety of games, on PC as well.

Hello!
My name is Simone. I live in northern Italy and I'm moving some steps in the modding world. I'm specialized in car skins, but I occasionally try to rework some tracks and cars that I find enjoyable but either have some unrealistic performances or are quite old and overlooked. My approach is a sort of hit and miss, so it's quite time consuming and I do for my own enjoyment, so I don't have deadlines.
Hope to find good mods and some inspirations for future works!

Hi, I finally found this thread again. May as well make a real first post, even though I've been lurking here for a long time now.

• Where are you from?
I currently live in France.

I have been aware of GTPlanet for several years (long before making an account), I don't remember at all how I first found out about it, but the news section and the forums are great sources of information. Pez2k's Gran Turismo 2 Plus project is what motivated me to finally sign up.

I started playing racing games in 1997 with Daytona USA on Sega Saturn. Gran Turismo (and a PS1) arrived in my life two years later, and I've been a life-long car and racing game fan ever since, from arcade games to racing sims. After that, I got a PS2, then when that came out, I spent a lot of time on Gran Turismo 4, which I still regard as the best in the series.
In the late 2000s, I started playing my first "true" racing sim: NASCAR Racing 2003, and shortly after, I was the project lead of a Daytona USA-themed mod for NR2003 titled Daytona USA Universe. The cars have since been ported to Assetto Corsa by a fan. Nowadays, as I am exclusively on PC and don't have the space for new consoles, I spend most of my racing game time on Forza Horizon 5, although I like to come back to GT1 and GT2 from time to time.

I play with a Logitech G923 with shifter if the game is right for it, like Assetto Corsa, Beam.NG, or Euro/American Truck Simulator. Otherwise, it's the good old Xbox controller for me.

Besides racing games, I like all kinds of other things; shooters, Source engine games, the Yakuza series, Fallout... Many more to list.

Discussing GT, Forza, racing, cars, meeting like-minded people, and enjoying being on a forum again. I tend to lurk and read more than write and post, though.

• Where are you from?

Hello! My name is Sachin!

Found through Google search when I was trying to find settings for cars to beat the races in GT7.
I am currently based in Malaysia.
I was playing racing games for quite a long time, started with Need For Speed Games (where I think NFSUG2 and NFSMW original were among the best), and when I got a PS4 about 4 years ago first game I got was GT but I thought it was too hard for me, but when I got the GT7 I liked it very much.
I don't have a steering wheel at the moment, but I am thinking of getting a Logitech basic one.
Other games include, GTA V, FIFA2022, Farming Simulator 22, Need for Speed, Watch Dogs - mostly open world games like GTA but racing games are definitely included.
Learning about the game, car settings, strategies, and also to share knowledge of the changes I did to achieve some of the results if slightly different from the ones posted - which can be helpful to the community.

Last edited:
AlteisenRiese.gif

Hey guys, hows it goin'. I have been using gtplanet for a while now, but I never bothered to make an account. I'm from UFO town, Roswell, New Mexico USA. I've been an avid racing game fan and car fanatic ever since I got to play the first ever Gran Turismo game from 1998. I can either play with a wheel or controller, and I dont have a particular preference. I enjoy any game as long it's not rogue-likes except Dark Souls(I love the Souls series lol). Hopefully I will eventually post my own tunes and setups as well as liveries of my own design.

Hello everyone!

• When looking up tunes for cars in GT7 the site was one of the first hits
  • Where are you from?
    • Mexico
    • I started with GT2 back in the early aughts, I think
    • Not yet but I'm thinking of getting one to know the experience
    • Some of this, some of that. Soulslikes, rougelikes, roguelites, 4x, action-adventure, racing, FPS, twinstick shooters, whatever the hell Fall Guys is. As I said, there's some variety
    • Surfing those tunes other members who know what they're doing share! Now that we have a nice supply of engine swaps that should be better than ever, I suspect

• Where are you from?
My partner @GodOfPepsi_94 is on here, so why not join? I'm from the East Coast of the United States. I started playing racing games a few years ago, but Gran Turismo back in the middle of 2020. I don't play or have a steering wheel. I love Animal Crossing, Tetris, Just Shapes & Beats, Persona 5 and more! I'm looking forward to making friends and learning how I can get better from other people who aren't on Facebook telling me to "quit complaining and just play the game"!

Hi guys,

New guy from the Netherlands here!
Found this site while browsing for a GT7 community.

Playing on PS5 with either the DualSense when I am just lazy and want to have some no stress fun, or on my Fanatec CSW v2 / BMW GT2 rim / CSP v1 combo driven by the Drivehub module.
Works nicely in GT7!

I have always like racing games and had a period where I was pretty active in a few racing sims on PC to see if a more competitive style would suit me, but quickly found out there are a LOT of people out there who I can’t keep up with at all in the more competative scene.

Stepped away for a while and now going easy and enjoying the things GT7 offers.

Nice meeting you all!

• Where are you from?

Found it online and find it useful. Need some advice tho on how to improve the speed of my car through tuning? 🥺

Hi all, i'm Milan from The Netherlands. 22 years old, simracing started when i was 6. Started with a Logitech Momo. > G25 > G29 > Trustmaster T300 RS with combination Clubsport V3 pedals. My system 3,5 years old: I7 8700K > Nvidia 1070 TI from Zotac > 16 GB Ram G Skills (or something :P), 2 Harddrives 1 from 1 TB and 1 from 2 TB. Running W11. I'm playing Assetto Corsa, sometimes ACC, PC2, rFactor 2 (Racing at SRVN), F1 21, AMS2. And some shooters.

Kind regards,

Milan.

Hey Jordan!
Not hard to find you when you're playing Gran Turismo ; ) Never had a need to register here earlier though
  • Where are you from?
I'm for Poland!
That had to be Vroom and Lotus Turbo Challenge on my Atari ST back in 92-93 somewhere.
Got myself a Logitech wheel (G29) with Playseat Challenge to play some proper GT7
Lots of game I've spent great time with. I love The Witcher series, loved The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War... every now and then playing some never ending games like CS:GO, PUBG, Tibia...
Not much to be fair. I'm old and grumpy, member of some communities, won't have time to keep up with another one. All the best from me folks though!

Cheers,
Lef

Back