Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,739 comments
Hi all,

I'm Peter
From Liverpool
Been addicted to driving games since the original Gran Turismo
I found GT Planet looking for an old official gt forum
Played with a Driving Force GT on playstation 3, not had enough money to upgrade, hoping for a G923 in the near future 🤞🤞
Also play GTA5 on and offline, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Fallout and a few fighting games
Enjoying the discussions and insights into GT7

hi, been on this site for years but i don't think i've ever really said "hi"

from the UK (Kent)
love playing driving games but not very good at them, normally play smaller arcade games, currently i'm enjoying my new PS5 with Hot Wheels Unleashed and GT7

feel free to add me on PSN: ultravioletblade

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do y

• ou use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
1: Well guess I found GTplanet while looking for what the symbols mean both before my name and now I have three afterwards.
2: a:Lehigh Acres Southwest Florida,
B: Cape Coral Florida C:Millington Maryland,
D: Pitman New Jersey

3: What year did pong come up? (1972 Atari)

4: no wheel or pedals just my PC of Xbox.

5: I hope to find my 60+ playing and even young 🌱 kids. If they can prove they are "NEW" at the FH5 player, young or closer to my age, I will figure out a way to give you one of my cars!
BUT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, I NEED TO KNOW WHY I HAVE A 58 IN A lite green COLOR, THEN A VERY SMALL STAR WITH THE NUMBER 1 before IT.
THIRD I HAVE THREE AFTER MY GAME NAME.
ONE LOOKS LIKE A SHIELD,or a sergeants patch, THE SECOND ONE LOOKS LIKE Kings crown?

THE THIRD LOOKS LIKE A SUN FLOWER? HELP ME SOMEBODY WHO IS ANY MIRE INTELLIGENT THAN I ??? 😎

Last edited:
A 58 IN A lite green COLOR
Current level.
A VERY SMALL STAR WITH THE NUMBER 1 before IT.
You have "prestiged" - reached maximum player level and then started again (which happens automatically) - once.
ONE LOOKS LIKE A SHIELD
Club leader. You've set up a club in FH.
THE SECOND ONE LOOKS LIKE Kings crown?
You have the VIP pack.
THE THIRD LOOKS LIKE A SUN FLOWER?
This is a "Badge" for Horizon Open progress - and the very first one of them. Look at "Badges" in the pause menu.

Hi all,

I'm Peter
From Liverpool
Been addicted to driving games since the original Gran Turismo
I found GT Planet looking for an old official gt forum
Played with a Driving Force GT on playstation 3, not had enough money to upgrade, hoping for a G923 in the near future 🤞🤞
Also play GTA5 on and offline, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Fallout and a few fighting games
Enjoying the discussions and insights into GT7
Welcome Peter, so besides GT, what other racing games do you like/play? Have you heard of the Need for Speed series?

Hello, My names Ryan. Thanks for having me here I look forward to meeting some people and having some fun! I have played GT7 a little but but finally got my sim setup solely on Playstation and want to get into this game and start enjoying it. Would love to meet a group of people and start up some racing. My PSN is Linkaid92 if anyone would like to add me.

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Google searching for leagues to join.
  • Where are you from? - Canada
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Unsure, maybe 8 years ago?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - Logitech G29 w/ real wheel and extended paddle shifters, handbrake, inverted pedals, All custom stand that I built.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - COD, Rocket League
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Hopefully join a league that races once a week or something, random races with a group of people, I used to play Forza on PC with my wheel setup so im not new to wheel racing but definitely not the best either haha, Would love to get into some drifting, Im not a very competitive racer I just like to have fun.

Hi, guys!
Found this site while searching internet for car tuning setups for GT7, most helpful links led here, so I decided to stay awhile. Read some topics and was impressed by community dedication, so I decided to join and be part of it.

The Name is 1kDanrue, glad to be here!!

I found gtplanet a while ago looking for different spec information on certain cars when GT7 was released.
I'm from Florida, USA.
I started playing racing games a few years ago when I got my first console. I started with Need For Speed Heat and GT Sport. Glad I was able to be thrust into a great and big community that's helpful and welcoming!
I don't play with a wheel, for the most part, I used a controller, but the gaming room at school does have a wheel setup we can use whenever it's free.
I used to play NFS Heat a lot before I got into GT, but other than that I play Multiversus, COD: MW, and other fighting games like UFC 3.
I'm looking to just be a part of the community, help out whenever I can, get info, and try to make the games better for everyone.

First post here, been lurking awhile.

I wound up with a PS5. I was looking for a racing game and found GT7. Started running some races and discovered that this is a deep game and I needed some guidance.

This is my first video game console. I haven't played a racing game since Pole Position many years ago. I remember the original Pong game, (spent way too much time in bars back then).

gtplanet is a great resource, with users willing to give advice and the immense amount of vehicle tunes. All much appreciated.

Hey guys I saw gtplanet for the first time while searching for some GTS info a couple years ago. I play GT7 and played since GT3. I have a wheel setup. T300 Th8a TLCM. My favorite racing car in game is the autech motul gtr Gr2. I being part of the GTCQ racing league for 1 1/2 years.
My favorite part of this game is to push the max out of car and set time attack record. I started a group on FB Gran Turismo Time Attack https://www.facebook.com/groups/464523412187001/?ref=share_group_link if you want to join.

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello everyone.
I was watching a video on engine swapping and there was a mention of GT Planet.
I'm from Canada and started playing racing games over 15 years ago.
I've recently upgraded my rig with a new Next Level Racing F-GT Elite Front & Side Mount edition. Of course I had to also upgrade my wheel for a Fanatec GT Pro Premium bundle with the load cell brake.
I race on the PS5, mainly playing GT7 but when my brother in law comes over, we play Dirt 4. He is an ex Rally car Canadian champion and thinks GT7 is an arcade game. That cracks me up every time he says this.
Right now I am mainly looking for tuning help in GT7 since a properly tuned car makes all the difference in the daily A races.

Heya all.
How did you find GTPlanet?
Googling stuff about GT games.
Where are you from?
French Canada, somehow.
When did you start playing racing games?
When I was 6, I think? I remember GT2 being my very first game that I understood as being a game, back on PS1.
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Nope, never had a decent one until recently and I'm way too used to the convenience of a good ol' DualShock at this point to go through the process of packing/unpacking the thing every time I race.
What other games do you enjoy?
Minecraft (modded, almost exclusively 1.7.10), Factorio, EV Nova, 4x4 Evo and Evo 2, Stellaris, SCS Software truck sims, SimCity 4, Ace Combat, KSP (modded), Starsector, many many manymanymany more.
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Idk, I just made an account 'cause... idk really!

Last edited:
Welcome to all our newcomers, are you looking forward to Fall/Winter again!? At least we'll be nice and cozy with plenty to eat, drink, and gt7/TV, and internet!

Hey everybody!

My name is Laurel. I've been playing gran turismo and other racing games since I am very young. My dad introduced me to gran turismo 2 when I was very young and we have been playing every GT game religiously since! I have always been a big fan of racing, did karting (not high level but for fun), always loved driving cars, and just can't get enough of racing game or anything car related. I mostly play on a controller, but am very excited to jump to a wheel in the future; I just need to make the jump, I am just soo comfortable on a controller haha! I have always been obsessed with completing all GT games 100%. My favorite gran turismo game has been 4 for a very long time, but I have to say that GT7 is very solid. I recently bought a Japanese PS2 and bough every possible versions of gran turismo I could find (prologue, etc). I am in my 20s, married and have a son. I work as a software engineering manager.

Now, to answer the questions:

• Just by browsing. I've consulted a lot of GTPlanet forums over the years but never joined until now
  • Where are you from?
    • I am from Toronto, Canada
    • As young as I can possibly remember. Probably around 4-5 years old.
    • Always been a controller player, but am excited to make the jump one day
    • FPS, creative games and horror games
    • Meet other people just as passionate as me and create some friendships and bond over our passion for racing

• Where are you from?

I have GT planet saved to my favorites since 2001, but I haven't logged in since I stopped playing GT6
From Atlanta, GA USA
I started playing racing games on Atari F1 lol
I never invested in a wheel, but I plan on getting more serious with GT7
Drone Racing League... I'm terrible at it, and I have others but other than GT7 those are the only ones I play currently
I was a SNAIL member at one time, but I also like getting tunes.

Last edited:
Hi
I'm Nicolas from France.
I play Assetto Corsa. I Start Racing with my Atari ST a long time ago ;).
Sim is what i like on vifeo game (race, fly, submarine, truck...)
I'm looking for Street Car mods.

Hi everyone.
I found gtplanet while searching for help with tuning a 911 carrera rs 95 for the porche cup 650 pp races.
I just started playing gran turismo 7 within the week. However I'm not new to gran turismo. I started on gran turismo 3 aspec. Alot has changed from then to now. But some of the builds I've found here have helped tremendously.
I couldn't tell you when I exactly started playing racing games or games in general. I'm old school. I started on atari. I own almost every console and brand from then to now. I play alot of call of duty warzone as well. I'm into racing, fps, rpg, sim, kinda everything.
The builds I've found here so far are awesome. Maybe in some way I can contribute later on.

Thanks for having me, started sim racing when it was just hotwheels on the floor (LOL)
this new stuff is REAL!
Was looking for a solution to a G 29 problem and a link brought me here, Looks like a great spot so here I am.

• Where are you from?

I found GT Planet while looking for specific tunes for GT7
I'm from the mountains of Colorado, near Denver now.
I started playing racing games back in the days of NES, and I was a huge fan of the Need for Speed series.
I don't have a racing wheel, but I'm thinking about getting one.
I enjoy a huge variety of games. Played a lot of Red Dead Redemption 2, The Show, Snowrunner, Madden etc.
I'm looking for a place to share tunes and liveries, while learning from some of these true pros. I need to learn how to tune gearboxes.

Rock on

Hey guys👋
Found GT Planet years ago & browsed a lot
From the UK
Started back in 1999 playing GT2 with my Grandfather
Sometimes, trusty old G29
Anything racing is my go to, maybe some GTA open world sometimes a little COD
Most looking forward to getting to know people around the site👋

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone!
I'm Elias, from Brazil.
I always liked racing games and the Gran Turismo series. I recently bought Gran Turismo 7 and I'm in love again.
I do not own a wheel (for now), using the PS4 Controller.
With this community, I'm looking forward to meet another sim racers, racing together, learning and improve my skills.. and, obviously, having fun in the process!

Thanks for let me joining you guys!
Elias Santos Junior

Hello, i am Fabian from Germany, i found the website because i searched for a mod Community for assetto corsa.
I use a Simucube 2 and build a rig to enjoy driving vintage racecars.
I drive an old mercedes sportscar in real life, but gas prices are killing me right now.
Im lookin for nice people and cool mods and races.

Best regards all

Hi ! I'm Twicy ! Glad to be here :)
  • How did you find GTPlanet? : Because it's the best website for Gran Turismo
  • Where are you from? : France
  • When did you start playing racing games? : Jeez, My first simracing tbh was Microprose Grand Prix 2 so... Long time ago !
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? : Absolutely, I've a T300RS with a custom wheel by Acelith Design
  • What other games do you enjoy? : Sports, FPS, Air Combat Simulation/Arcade (big fan of Ace Combat !)
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? : Participate to a championship on GT7 !

Last edited:
Back