Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hello to all… I have been racing since 2001 with the PlayStation GT format…

I also like the Division 2 type games…

I move around a lot but now I currently live in California…

I found GTPlanet through one of my friend players that knew I like to learn more ways of doing better…

I hope to learn as much as I can to be the best competitor that I can be….

Thanks mate!
Although I am 80 years old … I am still competitive…..

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hi my name is Bob, go under WebZeppelin/grooved-plug3 which tells my age 66
Found this site to get news and enjoy reading the forums to learn, might also have been Kudosprime (sp)
Live in central Illinois (OK no jokes please, we have ex-politicians making license plates)
Use a G29 wheel for now
Started racing early COVID, took awhile to assemble all the parts and pieces, so I'm a newbie
Retired, just enjoy the experience
Have tried Forza 4 and 5, COD, F1 and Star Wars, but really enjoy the GT experience
Started with Sport and improved, just a BS for now, but running Sardenga this week so who knows

I have a question - what is it when people say "dirty hour"? when is it... seems like this week on race B that it could be any hour

Last edited:
hi all. My name is Omar and i have cerebral palsy so don't go on GT7 because i can't physically use the controller but my carers go on for me/with me. as i said in the update comments, GT7 keeps on getting better every times there is a car update/ on my wishlist is the Bugatti Chiron and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and also some new tracks i.e. Kyalami etc, maybe even the Monaco-style circuit we had in earlier games and also some more rally circuits and IIRC the Amalfi coast course.

Found GTP in my search for sites that had active forums and a good following. I’ll get into details on my motivation below....
I am located in the Dallas, Texas ’burbs. California bred and born, but in Texas for past 30+ years......story in itself.
Actually I haven’t started playing games as yet.......it’s also in the details.....at age 75 I am way behind the game curve.
Very likely to be getting into....or at least looking at the value of.....a number of game types that would be relevant to racing games and to our goals.......in details again.

The thing I am most looking forward too, most fired up about, is the chance to get some experienced feedback and some constructive criticism and suggestions from people who know and dig gaming, especially with regards to racing games, and drag racing specifically.....and maybe want to see an idea or two grow.

Here’s the short history and what I’m up too:
My boyhood pretty much revolves around drag racing in Southern California in the 60’s - 70’s, and afternoon I moved to Texas I started working with a variety of children’s charities, and using Chsmpionship Drag Racing as the theme and resource for doing awareness building and fund-raising for children’s charities. I enlisted a locally renowned drag racer in a program of pediatric hospital visits with a race car, and we hosted patients and families at area events. We utilized our own Funny Car team in the outreach program and as the anchor team for our event hosting, and promotional appearances and fund raising efforts.

Fast forward to late 2000’s and the program went dormant after the pandemic hit and other factors put things on hold for a few years.
Now that restrictions have eased and other stars have aligned we are in a position to restart the (CrewKids) program, and among other things we want to utilize gaming as a part of our activities with patients and also in building community around our outreach efforts.
When we saw the NHRA was launching Speed For All we saw that as an opportunity to use it, and any other similar games as part of our resources with the kids.
So I was interested in how we might overcome some of the inherent shortcomings of a drag racing game and be able to use it to our benefit. We are hoping we can work with the powers that be to add in-game assets, and to help “small teams” get representation within the gam, or find some way to help make the game more inviting and player friendl.........and to use it as resource for the patients as a group activity, or some type of common ground to go along with our hospital visits, etc..

I have not been able to get any actionable information from NHRA or the game developer....or publishe, do will likely have to wait till the release date to really see what we have to work with. In the meantime I want yo get myself educated and up to speed (pun intended) on what potential the game might have send others thoughts on what we could do at CrewKids to get the max value from it.

I font even have a working knowledge of how the game functions and what, if anything would make it a better asset......even something like us hosting some sort of competition with some cash and in-kind rewards, etc.

So I’m hoping everyone will allow me to toss out ideas and whoever is willing, join in and figure out ways to get the most good out of it.
It’s too bad that it was not really developed as a first cabin, top drawer effort, but maybe there are ways to tweak it into something unique and ‘off the wall’ a bit.

OK, I’ll shut up for now.........but you’ve been warned.......I do have questions and fo won’t input.........and, we are going to find a way to reward folks for helping us find ways to get the good out of this and other games hope to utilize.

Thanks. OWG

Hello everyone ! :)

I just register on the website, I'm F1PiloteJV, I have made some tracks for rFactor : Long Beach 82-83, Reims 1950..

And I just start my first track for Assetto Corsa :

So I almost play only Formula One.

Have a nice day :cheers:

Last edited:
Hello mates !!!

I found GTPlanet browsing the web.

I'm from France, Burgundy.

Before, I was a FPS player, COD, BF, etc... and since 2015 I discover a new world !!!! Simracing 😍, I bought my first pc and my first wheel for it, AC was my first game and I learned virtual driving on Mazda 787b at the Green-Hell.

I'm on Fanatec DD setup now and yeah I'm an hardcore F1 driver 😝

Since I discovered Simracing I can't play other games....

I'm here for news, talking, learning maybe... and share with a enthusiast community :)

Thank you !!!

• Where are you from?

I've been using GTPlanet as a resource for quite a while but joined recently because I'm really excited about the thread discussing the potential for GT7 to provide telemetry data and support for motion rigs. That would be a major incentive for me to upgrade my sim racing setup.

I'm from USA, mid-Atlantic, was introduced to racing games in arcades in the early 1990s and got hooked on Gran Turismo way back in 1998.

I use a Logitech G29 in a NLR F-GT Lite cockpit, have installed the Ricmotech Load Cell Upgrade kit to the G29, and make James May look like Michael Schumacher.

Outside of racing games I've basically been playing Elden Ring and random games I find on sale (like Superliminal, A Plague Tale, Death Stranding). Also love Final Fantasy. Growing up I was crazy, crazy into the Metal Gear series, but wow did Konami blow that one. At least we got some solid stuff from Bluepoint Games.

I'm most looking forward to (hopefully) engaging with this community on GT7 streaming telemetry data, analysis, motion rig + wheel setups. And maybe getting the inside scoop on the next ticket glitch...

Welcome to all our newcomers! You will find GT to be entertaining and fun. Especially sport mode and license tests/missions.

• Where are you from?

Well Hi There!

I was looking to join a GT team or league and came across GTPlanet. It seemed like a good way to connect.
I am from the Netherlands (Go Max :) originally but have lived in the US over 30 years. The last 25 years I have resided in the greater Chicago area.

I've been a Formula 1 fan since the 70s (okay aging myself again...) and started playing GT Sport on PS4 1.5 years ago when I requested and received the G29 setup as a Christmas gift. I joined online 1 year ago and try to find a way to be more competitive in daily races.

So I am a tinkerer so I build my racing stands. The first one of wooden construction and foldable and not at all sturdy enough. It was good enough to get started though. Now I'm putting the finishing touches on an aluminum extrusion version that does change the experience more than I thought. I also modded my G29 brake and added a smaller diameter very strong spring inside the main spring to generate a better 2-stage braking feel. It works pretty well, first 75% is main spring and last 25% is both springs, making it much easier to trail brake (credit goes to Chris Aaron check out his YouTube in case you have G29).

I'm also in the process of upgrading the setup and recently acquired a used CSL Elite+ base, combined it with a DD Pro Wheel (used) and am waiting for my used CSL pedals to arrive. I am looking forward to experience the difference and hope it will help my racing performance.
3335DCBC-B677-4E55-8117-10AF64023037.jpeg

Don't really have time to play other games now, but before racing I played the typical PS games like Last of us, Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher, etc.

I am looking to join the community and learn about team and league racing opportunities to improve my racing, while having fun and keeping my nose clean.

Thank you and I look forward to see y'all on the track.

Last edited:
  • Discoreverd it several articles over the web. Now finally signed in
  • Located in Germany
  • At the time of Grand Prix 2 so around 1996
  • Since this time always with wheels. No skills to drive with controler >> Currently using Fanatec CSL DD
  • only racing games. GTx and ACC @PS5 or PC
  • Looking forward to find GTx releates information, people....

• Currently mainly racing GTsport in private lobbies in afterwork-motorsport.de leage (aWL)
  • During seasions breaks some races in Lowfuel-Motorsport

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, new here

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Internet, during the first lockdown
  • Where are you from? - the UK
  • When did you start playing racing games? - properly, again during the first lockdown (although very first was F1 97 on Playstation back in the day... a long time ago)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? - If so, what kind do you use? - Wheel, Fanatec ClubSport Formula V2.5 X with DD1
  • What other games do you enjoy? - FP Shooters
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Joining in with the community

Hello everybody!
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Link from YT videos with track conversions for AC
  • Where are you from? Italy
  • When did you start playing racing games? I was 7yo approximately. I used to play SCAR and FlatOut on PC with the keyboard. Ah, what a fantastic game FlatOut was...
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes, Thrustmaster T150 with an homemade brake pedal mod
  • What other games do you enjoy? I like various genres of videogames. Skyrim is my favourite, old but still great
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Downloading other tracks for AC

• Where are you from?

I found GT planet online.Im from New Zealand. I first played a racing game called Buggy boy on Atari XT. (that makes me rather ancient i know) I use a Fanatec CSR wheel via a Chronus Zen. Have played all GTs Forza and partial to Far Cry

• Where are you from?

Searching for tunes for GT7, found Praiano's tune thread and was hooked by his amazing set ups
Somewhere in the USA
Original Need For Speed
No, but in search of one... Any ideas or best fit for someone who wants it to be real and smooth with force feedback
A wide variety
Learning how to tune like Praiano's 😅
Thanks for putting this together all those years ago and still killing it for us who love racing!

Hi ! New there and here to take some advices and tips to get better and better! French and playing on ps5 with wheel. Hope to see you soon on the tracks ;)

Hi

I found GT Planet by searching for a solution for excessive understeer on my controller and decided to join.
I live in southern Greece.
I started back in 2017 when I got my PS4 playing GT Sport .
I think I gave it up on the beginning about my "steering wheel".
I also play Project Cars 2 w/controller some NBA 2K and FIFA and on PC I play AC.
I came here to get better as a driver in Video Games and IRL (I do Karting) and also to interact with people who have some mutual interests with me. Hope to see you!!

Welcome to all our newcomers! You will find GT to be entertaining and fun. Especially sport mode and license tests/missions.
Hello fellow Mustang PFP User

Hi everyone,
I found GT Planet looking for tips on getting all golds at driver's licenses.
I live in Italy.
I started with Gran Turismo on PS1 in 1998.
I recently bought the ps5 and for now I am playing with the joypad, the next purchase will be a Thrustmaster T-GT II
I like Nintendo-style platforms
I would like to learn and improve my driving through your great experience and advice and also meet new people who have the same passions as me

• Where are you from?

Hello a friend told me about get planet lol
I’m from the states
I’ve been playing since PlayStation 1
No wheel yet but soon
And I like meeting new ppl and learning
Also looking for people to play with

Hi all,

I'm Domagoj from Croatia (currently living in Norway). Long-time motorsport and F1 fan. I love racing games, cars, tuning, racing, and car culture in general. I'm playing Gran Turismo for as long as I can remember (1,2,4 and now 7). Also played a bit of Asetto Corsa, Dirt and F1 games over the years. (also driven Shift, Shift 2, some other NFS games, Burnout, Wreckfest, etc.)

Apart from that, I love shooters, AAA Sony games like GOW, TLOU, TLOU2, UNCHARTED and similar, and more if I have time.

Most of my driving is done on a PS5 these days, and now I'm trying to figure out a portable (and foldable) sim-racing setup. I'll probably need some help with more experienced members. :)

Also, I'm waiting for the GR86 to arrive in Norway, I'm thinking about getting one before it's too late and we can't buy cool cars anymore.

That's about it for a short intro, looking forward to talking about car stuffs :D

Hi everybody! This is Barranko1990 from Spain.
I play with wheel (Logitech G29)
Interested in any kind of league to race.
Whiling to meet you on the track!

Hi, I'm Iulian from Romania. I'm 51. I found GT Planet when I was looking for mods for AC, 3 years ago. In my early days, I played Grand Prix 2 from MicroProse (1995). I play AC with a G29 Logitech and is all I need for now (the game I mean) because of this amazing community of modders I found here. I also play turn-base strategy, shooters, action and adventure pc games.

Hi everyone, I'm Johnny Caisse, a little timid and a casual gamer! I found GTPlanet mentions on certain France YouTube channels I used to live in Québec but I moved to the Canadian West due to lower cost of living. Forgot to tell my age sorry!!! It's 38!

I started playing racing video games in 1994. First I ever played was Stunt Race FX! It was practically an ancestor to Pixar's Cars since the vehicle are alive in that game. I play with a controller since I don't have room in my home to a wheel.

I started playing Forza back in 2005 when the very first one came out! It was a blast! I then learned about a racing simulator where you had to maintain your cars and that really interested me. That's when I learned about GT4 back then!

Currently started playing GT7 and FH5, they're a blast!!

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hi... thanx for your warm welcome. I just bought GT2 so that I can drive one of my favorite cars... the Vector... and I'm having a problem getting my Logitech G27 wheel to work with it on my PS3... so I stumbled on your website while searching for the answer. I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I started using racing simulators as soon as steering wheels became available. I enjoy any driving sims... all the GT series... the F1 series... Dirt... Need for Speed... Cart... & any motorcycle racing (I have a bike set up). I'm most looking forward to finding people who are "tech smart" who enjoy racing sims.

• Where are you from?

Hello everyone,

I found GTPlanet while browsing the internet for Gran Turismo 4 advice.
I'm from the Philippines.
I started playing racing games since around 2009-2012. I was not very good back then and kind of on and off. Recently I was able to build a decent PC, so I decided to emulate GT4 and play it a bit more seriously.
I don't play with a steering wheel, but I wish I did have one.
I play GT4 for the nostalgia, but I also play some FPS, MOBA, online multiplayer games, among others.
I look forward to browse through posts and just learn more about these games.

Hello everyone!
I found GTPlanet many years ago, when I rediscovered Gran Turismo 4.
I started with racing games from the first Gran Turismo on PS1 and then skipped the PS2 generation, then picked up on PS3 with GT5.
I use the Logitech G29 steering wheel.
I mainly play FIFA, Ride 4, some RPGs and Metal Gear Solid type stealth shooters!
I want to share my views on the game and ask for advice! Actually i've been here for a long time but i'm only signed up now!

Hi

I found GT Planet by searching for a solution for excessive understeer on my controller and decided to join.
I live in southern Greece.
I started back in 2017 when I got my PS4 playing GT Sport .
I think I gave it up on the beginning about my "steering wheel".
I also play Project Cars 2 w/controller some NBA 2K and FIFA and on PC I play AC.
I came here to get better as a driver in Video Games and IRL (I do Karting) and also to interact with people who have some mutual interests with me. Hope to see you!!

Hello fellow Mustang PFP User
Welcome aboard! My friend. Have you bought gt7 yet, I'm gonna get it for my birthday next month!

• Where are you from?

• Where are you from?

Hi

Mentioned on Racedepartment who I visit almost daily

United Kingdom, Worcesterhire

Yes, Thrustmaster T500

Rf2, Automobilista2, Raceroom, Dirt Rally, I have all of of the F1 games from Codemasters from 2010 to 2021, only used 2021 for 39 minutes and have given up on them now

Looking around for any tips and tricks on making AC better, I have recently discovered AC Content Manager and all that involves.
Too much content, so little time!!

Hello everyone,

Because of mods
Europe
Since 1 year, and I'm in love ever since
Thrustmaster T248
I don't know
Looking to make mods for Assetto Corsa, or at least making more pit extensions mods for some Assetto Tracks

Back