Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,743 comments
Crikey, I haven't been here in a while :)

Think I signed up a few years before my daughter was born - she's 11 now!

Just picked up GT7 for the PS4 Pro, seems to be a real mixed bag.

I also forgot I have a lifetime Premium memberships - thanks to axletramp :cheers:

Last edited:
  • Was looking for a bug report page
  • Bulgaria
  • Back in 2007
  • I use a controller gyro for GT7, but regular stick steering for other games
  • BeamNG, some NFS titles, some F1 games, other random games with great management features
  • hopefully not file more bug reports?

Hey folks I was a member about 10 years ago can’t remember any info so I’m starting new.
I was around a lot for gt5 on ps3. Now I’ve been playing gt7 on ps5 and want to get involved with the community again. I use a controller for now but want to save up for a nice wheel setup. I have the skeleton to my rig I had for gt5, bucket seat and a wheel stand but need to get a nice wheel.
I’m from the US, outside of Boston. Now that I’m pushing 40 I like playing more simulator games I can’t get into shooters anymore so I play drivers and flying games. Some role playing. The reason I came looking around the forums is I want to find good jump off points for suspension tuning for daily racing, I could always adjust and get better but needed something that got me in the right direction to start.

Hi!

I'm Frederic and I'm 39. I played GT1, 2 and 3 before having a massive break from video games. I returned during the pandemic and lockdowns. I'm a Daily Race A enthusiast as I love its diversity compared to always racing the same Gr4/3 cars - which doesn't do it for me. I'm here to look for people who might have the same interest and race together in lobbies. Also, I'm interested in making offline custom races more interesting, in the way the Clubman Plus races are.

Hi all, my name is Ryan, im 46 from Dunfermline in Scotland. Im new to GT7 and Playstation in general, only had my PS4 a few weeks but im loving it so far. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and hope to get to know you 😄

• How did you find GTPlanet? - I just used google try and find a GT7 community and found you guys.

• Where are you from? - Im originally from Glasgow, Scotland but now live in Dunfermline, Scotland.

• When did you start playing racing games? - Just a few weeks ago, i tried a few casually over the years but this is the first im putting real time in to.

• Do you play with a steering wheel? - If so, what kind do you use? I do have a Logitech G29 but i suffer from nerve damage in my legs so the pedals and contant foot position tires me out super fast so i tend to use the controller 95% of the time.

• What other games do you enjoy? - I have played World of warcraft on and off since 2007 and played Arma 2 and Arma 3 for years too and have over 16,000 hours on Arma 3, mostly Exile mod where i was an active admin on a server.

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Mostly looking forward to becoming an active member and contributer to the community here and hope to learn from more experienced players.

Hi All!

I'm Mike 31 from Bucks, United Kingdom.
  • How did you find GTPlanet? I've been a long time lurker since gt5 days!
  • Where are you from? Bucks, United Kingdom
  • When did you start playing racing games? Playing Road rash on the sega mega drive is my earliest memory
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I do have a Fanatec CSL Elite, however I've been playing GT7 purely with a controller as I have no space for a wheel at the moment
  • What other games do you enjoy? I enjoy all different games, the yakuza series is a favourite at the moment. also partial to a bit of Fortnite embarrassingly!
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Looking forward to joining in with some community races and time trials

• How did you find GTPlanet?
    I found it looking for GT infos on Google

• Where are you from?
  • I´m from Brazil

• When did you start playing racing games?
  • When I was a kid, started in Stunts, Street Rod and Indy 500

• Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • Nope, I´m use a joypad

• What other games do you enjoy?
  • I love ArmA OA, Automobilista2, Strike Fighters 2 and sims in general.

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
  • Just now more about the game, mostly GT2 and GT4

• How did you find GTPlanet? Searching some GT7 info
  • Where are you from? Argentina
  • When did you start playing racing games? Early 90’s
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes, Logitech & PS5
  • What other games do you enjoy? Sports Games
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? In order to share information about this amazing game!
Hi people, im Emiliano from
Argentina. Thanks for share this space!

Crikey, I haven't been here in a while :)

Think I signed up a few years before my daughter was born - she's 11 now!

Just picked up GT7 for the PS4 Pro, seems to be a real mixed bag.

I also forgot I have a lifetime Premium memberships - thanks to axletramp :cheers:
Welcome, I also ordered gt7 online at Amazon, it was on sale for $49.99, ten dollars off. I was relieved when it came, been playing it since Halloween. I am a PS Premium member, what is your PSN username, maybe we can do some lobby races in the near future.

Last edited:
Hi,
iam a huge jack miller fan ;D
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - do a youtube channel
  • Where are you from? - germany
  • When did you start playing racing games? - at age 15, playing gt2 on a ps1, with gt2 i built my general car knownledge ;D
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - i recently picked up a thrustmaster t300rs from craigslist
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - getting faster

Hi,
iam a huge jack miller fan ;D
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - do a youtube channel
  • Where are you from? - germany
  • When did you start playing racing games? - at age 15, playing gt2 on a ps1, with gt2 i built my general car knownledge ;D
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - i recently picked up a thrustmaster t300rs from craigslist
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - getting faster
Welcome, I'm Chris btw. Glad you found us, have fun playing gt7 or whatever GT game you decide to play/stick with.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi there guys it’s chowder- I found GTPlanet while browsing looking for a GT7 forum to complain about wheel settings on the official website

-I’m from the United States, California

-I started playing racing games ever since I was young around 7 or 8yrs old but I got into SIM Racing about 3 Months ago

-I play with a steering wheel and it’s the Thrustmaster T-248

- I often play apex, rocket league, and COD with the right group

- I’m looking for racing friends and help with setting with games if needed as well looking for people to upgrade my SIM build with

Hi Darryl here, first time Race sim user after years of owning a Historic race Car.

Google was my friend in looking for starter settings for playing GT7 on a fanatec GT DD setup ( here on GT planet)

My best decision so far was to buy a sim chassis basically already assembled - 7 hours scrabbling around on the floor with allen keys avoided.

Cheers .

Hi I’m Gin from Germany

I have been playing racing games since 1999, or maybe earlier, I forget. First racing game I remember was Sportscar GT.
I play on Controller and I haven’t adapted manual shifting yet.

Why I’m here: I absolutely dislike GT7’s BoP because my favorite cars don’t have a chance to win anywhere despite the BoP. So I am looking for a gr.3 racing series that races the same car for everyone like a manufacturers’ cup or something like that, ideally where tuning is allowed.

I want the car to suit me and not adapt to a car thats just basically tuned.

Hello Everyone,
I am new member for this forum. My name is Kelly Robin. I heard about GTPlanet to my friends. It's awesome platform for information about racing car game then I have create account. My favorite game is Need for Speed. :)

Hello!
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Trying to find tuning setups for WTC800 championships in GT7
  • Where are you from? Australia
  • When did you start playing racing games? My dad got me Gran Turismo 1 when I was a kid. Been playing GT ever since.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? T300RS. I've been putting it through its paces to the point where it overheats and looking to get a direct drive wheel soon.
  • What other games do you enjoy? Played a lot of rFactor 2 and MS Flight Sim
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Been getting in creating GT7 liveries and taking photos.

Hello everyone,
Happy to be here
My name is Nader
-I found GT plant recently while i was looking to learn more about GT7,
-Gran Turismo fan since first one came out, only one i didn't played was GT3 because i didn't had PS2 until GT4 was out,
-Enjoyed GT7 so much so finaly convinced my self to get a steering wheel, have Thrust Master 248 on a Playseat evolution alcantara rig,
-Also play now and then World of warcraft, enjoy C&C Rivals on mobile very much
-Meet new players to race with, share my knowledge and learn other's

Last edited:
Hey people!
Just found out about this platform. Few years ago a was a huge fan of FM7 and Project Cars. Also with some other dutch fans i raced in a community. Now happy to race GT7, but have an empty friendslist to compare tomes n the leaderboards, so feel free to add me: Surreallistic79

Hope to watch and learn a lot from this platform and meet other (happy) racers for some fun racingtime!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
My name is Freddy and i am 30 years old. I've never been a real sim racer to be honest, but always loved to play racing games in general. I've been racing more intensively online for a couple of months now and i'm really loving it. Right now i've done like 70 online races on GT7 and just won 4 of them. Since yesterday my drivers rating is A, so it is getting better now.

Since last week i started my own YouTube channel, where i upload the races i've done on GT7. I still have a lot to learn, so if you have any tips and tricks for me to become a better driver, please let me know! You can find my channel by searching for 'Amateur Gran Turismo Driver'.

I am looking forward to become a active member of this community and would like to see you guys out there on the racetrack!

• How did you find GTPlanet? I found it on Google when i was looking for the updates for Daily Races
  • Where are you from? In the northern part of the Netherlands.
  • When did you start playing racing games? Years and years ago, but intensively since a couple of months.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I do play with a steering wheel. I use the Logitech G29 on a Playseat Challenge. Perfect set-up for the beginner, i might upgrade it in the future.
  • What other games do you enjoy? I enjoy playing games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? To meet new people, race against members and to be up to date with news and updates from GT7.

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Found GTPlanet by looking up daily races
Orange County California
Started racing games with Pole Position in the arcade!
Thrustmaster T300 & T500 with TLCM pedals
Mainly racing games but all sports
Looking to meat people with similar skill. Help and learn!

• Where are you from?

• How did you find GTPlanet? : I randomly joined a snailracing.org lobby in multiplayer and found out about gt palnet
  • Where are you from? Im from Ireland but live in Toronto Canada
  • When did you start playing racing games?: I started sim racing in 2020
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I play with a g29 with a upgraded formula style rim also just got the new PSVR2
  • What other games do you enjoy? I Enjoy the f1 games and ACC
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? having regular lobbies with a mixed variation of cars and tracks

• Where are you from?

How did you find GTPlanet? - I've been aware of the site for a number of years and have used it, but never joined, when looking for tips on setups.

Where are you from? - The UK

When did you start playing racing games? - first racing game would be Pole Position on the Atari.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - Currently no, but am looking into buying a Logitech G923

What other games do you enjoy? - Quite varied from RPGs, first person shooters, hunting, fishing and even train driving.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Looking to connect and hopefully find some decent people to race online with.

Hi all, good to be part of this online community

• How did you find GTPlanet? : Long time lurker........
  • Where are you from? England but have lived in Germany since 2014
  • When did you start playing racing games?: First memory was an old arcade machine called Daytona Racing (I think!) where they linked 4 machines together, or Outrun with the red Ferrari. (Yes, I am that old)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I use a TGT2 with the T-LCM pedals mounted onto a GT Omega frame, my backside parked on a GT Omega Pro seat. Now racing using the game changing PSVR2
  • What other games do you enjoy? Mostly RPGs and games with a good atmosphere, not so much into sports or FPS.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Would be nice to join online lobbies with like minded racers who enjoy clean driving, good sportsmanship and maybe give me some advice on how to improve!

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

• I was searching for information about open wheel cars on GT7.

• Where are you from?
  • New York

• 1980s with Nintendo Rad Racer

• Logitech G Pro DD

• No Man’s Sky, Air Combat, NCAA14

• Learning more about my equipment.
  • PSVR2 will do until we have holosuites.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I was looking for advice for a certain race in GT7 and found the site that way.
England.
Back in 2001/2002, I started with some old rally game that I can't actually remember the official title of!
Not for this game, no.
Too many to list honestly but my top 5 are Minecraft, No Man's Sky, Death Stranding, Fallout New Vegas, Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Learning more about car tuning and getting different setups correct for different events.

Hi Everyone

I've once again decided to go back to playing video games since life is allowing time. I came across GTPlanet from playing GT7 on my PS5 and looking for info on the game and online races. I just got the Logi 923-wheel last week which brings back old memories of my old MOMO wheel from running NASCAR 3 back in the day, BTW I'm 62. I'm still in the process of unlocking the cars and tracks. I hope to see you all soon, on the Track in my rear-view mirror.:)

Back