iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Got the hold of a GoPro Hero 3+ to record some of my races. I did some practice tonight but the footage wasn't great... The camera struggled with the brightness from the screens. Maybe it was because I didn't have any lights on? Or is some setting I'm missing with the camera?

If you use the spot meter setting ( I believe it is called this) it will adjust to the screen.

More free content
We are adding eight additional laser-scanned cars and tracks to our base level package,free of charge. New and current members will now receive a bonus of five additional cars and three additional tracks as part of their membership. The additions bring the amount of free content to a total of 12 cars and 13 tracks with a total of 28 different track configurations.

NASCAR Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado circa 2013,
NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet Impala COT circa 2013 ,
NASCAR Nationwide Chevrolet Impala circa 2011,
V8 Supercar Ford Falcon circa 2012 and the
Indycar Dallara circa 2011

All members will also have:
Concord Speedway
Daytona International Speedway road and oval course (circa 2007)
Phoenix International Raceway road and oval(circa 2008) added.

In addition to the bonus content, we have launched two new racing series – the Dallara Dash featuring the Indycar at Phoenix, Charlotte and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and the Pickup Cup featuring the NASCAR Chevrolet Silverado at Daytona, Phoenix and Charlotte. These ‘fun’ series will be open to all iRacers, regardless of license level and are scheduled to begin immediately.

Last edited:
More free content
Very cool. I was just researching iR today wondering if I should give it a shot or not. Considering it is on sale now for half price, I reckon I must at least try it out. I think I could spend a lot of time just running the MX5-Cup car.

Very cool. I was just researching iR today wondering if I should give it a shot or not. Considering it is on sale now for half price, I reckon I must at least try it out. I think I could spend a lot of time just running the MX5-Cup car.
Some people only run the MX5 and rookie (base) content. It's where the most participation tends to be and there's a lot of good competition as well, especially last season when they had that real life racing deal going on for the top finishers in Mazda Cup. Strength of field could exceed 5000 in some races.

So basically they're moving outdated content into the base package along with some more content associated with rookies. Definitely a good idea, it might make more entry level league series more feasible with more content and re-kindle the outdated cars/tracks. 👍

Hi All! :)

Just created a thread here on the IRacing forums, dedicated to the British Sim Racers Touring Car Championship Pro Series - a touring car championship that happens to be Iracing's first to bag a weekly broadcast on MotorsTV.

They're only 7 races away from the end of the season and so - as part of a newfound collaboration - I'll be reporting on every one of those while even doing an end of season review. I'll be notifying everyone of live streams and broadcasts, events and more.

There's also a biography on the team written by me linked to on the same thread - incase some of you have been looking for an organized, professional touring car championship with a $10,000 prize fund to indulge in the future :)

Speak soon,
Sean.

So basically they're moving outdated content into the base package along with some more content associated with rookies. Definitely a good idea, it might make more entry level league series more feasible with more content and re-kindle the outdated cars/tracks. 👍
I was slightly annoyed because I bought that V8 Supercar only a couple of weeks ago... But not complaining as the other cars are good to have.

I was slightly annoyed because I bought that V8 Supercar only a couple of weeks ago... But not complaining as the other cars are good to have.
That's what I was thinking about initially but you can look at it this way; now there will be more competition in that particular series so if you're in a more moderate to higher level split then the racing will be closer.

I'm looking at some data acquisition software for iRacing, it seems to be a toss up between iSpeed and iAnalyze Racing. Does anyone have any experience with either?

I'm looking at some data acquisition software for iRacing, it seems to be a toss up between iSpeed and iAnalyze Racing. Does anyone have any experience with either?

I've tried iSpeed. It's good enough for my level, I can easily understand where I lose time compared to faster drivers. Moreover it's free (iAnalyze is not unless I'm wrong).

Hello!

In case you missed the live stream to Race 29 of the British Sim Racers Pro Series Touring Car Championship last week, a detailed race report is now live on the Championship's thread down here in the IRacing forums. And by that I don't mean apex to apex narration, podium interviews and applause - There's controversy, bitter rivalries, people being hurled into the air and more. Do feel free to read the full article here. :)

Not sure this is the best place for this or not, but since it is the catch-all thread, here goes...

I aim to get into iRacing between now and January. Ideally I would wait to sign up until I have my wheel/rig complete (waiting for the Dec 5 release date of the pre-purchased Thrustmaster VG T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition). With the 50% Off Fall Sale running right now, making the 1-year $49.50 USD, it is making it difficult to wait as I don't want to miss out on what I perceive to be a great deal. Will there be even better deals between now and Christmas?
The later I can wait to sign up, the better as it will allow for my membership to be more fully utilized for the full year.

Also, do they ever run "sales" on the content? Like 50% Off on Tracks and Cars?

Thanks in advance.

It is usually best to take advantage of an offer like that, as far as I know iRacing never offers a year subscription cheaper than $50.

I would do it, usually there is a black Friday sale but there is a chance that this may be a replacement for that.

Edit: I don't remember if that was only for existing members or everyone, I'm sure someone can correct me.

If your a new member you can get your first year at $50 anytime if you sign up through the iracing leagues site. Not many people know about it, http://www.iracing.com/leagues/pricing.php. Once your a member they run specials through out the year for $50 a year and $100 for 2 years. Ive been on iracing for 4 years now and never paid more than $50 for a years subscription.

Far as content goes there is never a 50% off sale or anything but if you buy 3 pieces of content at a time, it can be cars and tracks combined not just either or, you get 10% off, if you buy 6 pieces its 20% off and if you ever at one point own all content you get 30% off any single piece of content that comes out thereafter. I believe there is a 25% discount if you own/buy all the oval or road courses but don't quote me on that one as they started that somewhat recently.

Also they have recently added some more cars to the base member package that isn't shown on that leagues page.

Thanks for the advice.
Awesome link, @MadRR.

What kind of access to other tracks can someone have? If I've not purchased Spa, for instance, would there ever be a time I could drive Spa? Are there open "track days" someone might host that anyone could participate in?

My background is GT4, GT5, GT6 and now Project CARS with a very little bit of hotlapping AC, so I think in terms of having a "garage" of cars I can drive with a list of tracks I might have access to at any time when I go online looking for races. So, please correct me if I'm off.
If I enjoy the racing, purchasing additional content wouldn't be an issue, as needed.

iRacing appeals to me because I know the online racing is well managed, well established and everyone is, more or less, on the same playing field. I'm not a Tuner by any stretch. Are there "no tuning" events, races, leagues?

Thanks for the advice.
Awesome link, @MadRR.

What kind of access to other tracks can someone have? If I've not purchased Spa, for instance, would there ever be a time I could drive Spa? Are there open "track days" someone might host that anyone could participate in?

My background is GT4, GT5, GT6 and now Project CARS with a very little bit of hotlapping AC, so I think in terms of having a "garage" of cars I can drive with a list of tracks I might have access to at any time when I go online looking for races. So, please correct me if I'm off.
If I enjoy the racing, purchasing additional content wouldn't be an issue, as needed.

iRacing appeals to me because I know the online racing is well managed, well established and everyone is, more or less, on the same playing field. I'm not a Tuner by any stretch. Are there "no tuning" events, races, leagues?

No problem. When it comes to tracks you have to own them to be able to either drive on them or spectate/ghost race. Yes there are hosted races that you can join that are hosted up by other members or if you wanted to host one for your friends and you but same still goes about the tracks and cars you have to own them to be able to drive them.

As far as a garage goes there isn't like virtual garage or anything like in a console game you just choose what car and track you want to drive in a pull down menu. You will start out with the base content iracing provides and that can get you through both your road and oval rookie license. There are some car and track combos where you can move a little farther than D license with the "free" content but you would have to look more into that on the iracing forums as im sure there are post about it up there. With that being said iracing has there own forums you have access to once you are a member and will be able to answer all you questions.

Yes the online racing is one of its best features I think. You can race in the official iracing races or you can join one of the many leagues out there. Yes there are "fixed" setup official races and leagues out there where everyone use the same fixed setup.

If anybody here has nothing to do tonight and want to watch a broadcast I'll be racing in the SARA fall brawl. The late model broadcast starts at 6:00 pm eastern time and the race starts at 6:15. The main event for the week the super late model feature race will start broadcasting when practice starts at 9:00 pm eastern and the race starts at 9:30 pm eastern. Both will be broadcasted on LSRTV on YouTube and you can also watch it on Iracing.com/live.

It should be good races as they are all the top guys in Iracing that race these cars as well as a couple pro/dwc guys. LSRTV broadcasted the super late model qualifying and heat races. The video is up on their YouTube channel. I didn't get a good qualifying lap so I started 5th in the 2nd of 3 heats. I was able to get the win right at the end giving me a pretty good starting spot for the feature race.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Official iRacing Member! Signed up today. Found a free 3 month code via Reddit. Really looking forward to breaking in the new T300 with the Miata and IndyCar.

PR-RINGEXPO2015

Pacific Majors Brazilian Grand Prix is Sunday night @ 6pm Pacific on GSRC. There's only one split this time. (Pac 4 league is open to anyone in the NW, Texas, California, and West clubs. Homestead Miami is the next and final race for the season.)

Question about equity and fairness as it relates to Online Races against people with different peripheral devices:

I have a T300, TP3A-Pro Pedals and the Shifter. If I configure all of that for manual shifts, I am going to be slower than if I ran with the Paddle Shifters and no Clutch. There is an especially noticeable difference in lap times when having to Clutch, rev match and Downshift into corners.

Does everyone just run with the Paddles in order to get the quickest lap times possible?

The iRacing software is set up, I believe, to try and ensure that someone who uses the automatic clutch, for example, should not get an advantage over someone using a physical clutch by making the automatic clutch changes relatively slowly. Of course if you are very slow using a physical clutch you may still be slower than the automatic clutch.

The iRacing software is set up, I believe, to try and ensure that someone who uses the automatic clutch, for example, should not get an advantage over someone using a physical clutch by making the automatic clutch changes relatively slowly. Of course if you are very slow using a physical clutch you may still be slower than the automatic clutch.
Shifting up through the gears is easy. It's the downshifts which kill the speed because of the need to rev match. Even the puny MX5 will spin out if downshifting too quickly without matching the rev. Of course I haven't mastered that skill by any stretch, but the best can't compete with a semi-auto transmission on the downshift.

Changing the Setting to remove the Clutch and only use the Paddles seemed to completely eliminate the need to rev match. I could downshift haphazardly without fear of locking the rear tires at all (risking eventually damaging the engine, of course).

Just trying to determine the best settings to be on equal footing with the general population.

Back