iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
cant wait for the vette. to bad ill only be class D and if lucky have a high enough SR to race up in class C. the vette though will probably be class A with my luck., oh well at least the mix class racing during week 13 seems like its going to be fun.

EDIT: ok just had my first run in the MMA class and its terrifying driving a solstice in that class. a DP will just come out of nowhere and pass you before you can even blink.

Last edited:
Yeah seen that video on Youtube.
Any info on day and night cycles on iRacing?

As well since my wheel got delay till mid to late MAY.. I think I'll get iRacing by end of this month.. oi such a long wait now!!!

May 16, 2009 - iRacing.com is proud to announce it's joining forces with NASCAR to create the sanctioning body's first officially licensed and sanctioned online competition division. The fact that iRacing is now a partner in NASCAR-Sanctioned Online Racing is not only a landmark development for the company, it's a tribute to the talent, competitive spirit and sportsmanship of the more than 12,000 members who have joined the iRacing family since 2008.

"Our members are passionate about racing," said John Henry, iRacing's co-founder and chairman. "They love to drive, and they love to compete. And they do it in the context of their overall love for racing in both the physical and virtual worlds. We're pleased that iRacing has been chosen as the home of NASCAR-Sanctioned Online Racing and expect that many of NASCAR's most avid fans will find iRacing's NASCAR-sanctioned series a great way to deepen their connection to and enjoyment of the sport."

The new partnership represents a bit of déjà vu for iRacing co-founder, CEO and CTO Dave Kaemmer whose previous company, Papyrus Design Group, developed several popular NASCAR simulation titles including the ever-popular NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season.

"This is sort of a homecoming for me and several members of the development team," Kaemmer said. "Our NASCAR roots date back to the 1990s. We're thrilled NASCAR shares our vision of internet racing as a new branch of motorsport. With the power of NASCAR behind us, iRacing and our growing global community are about to take another big step forward."

The new partnership was announced this afternoon at Lowe's Motor Speedway during a press conference hosted jointly by NASCAR and iRacing.com, and attended by representatives from many leading media outlets in the motor sports arena. They heard NASCAR officials confirm what iRacing members already know, regardless of the cars or series in which they compete.

"The iRacing product is so realistic that a number of our NASCAR drivers, including Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Brad Keselowski, A.J. Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose and Colin Braun are already iRacing members," said Blake Davidson, NASCAR managing director of licensed products. "From the beginning these drivers have raved about the incredible accuracy of the cars and the tracks that iRacing has produced and their involvement, along with NASCAR Competition, in the development will make the experience even more authentic."

The fact that NASCAR iRacing will be "authentic NASCAR competition" was underlined by the fact that Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, was much in evidence at the announcement.

"Over the years, many of our drivers have helped develop their skills by participating in virtual training like iRacing," he said. "It's exciting to now have an online NASCAR-sanctioned series like iRacing that will be entertaining for our fans and help provide them with a greater understanding of what it takes to be a NASCAR race car driver."

Further details on the 2010 NASCAR-sanctioned series will be made available later this year.

seems like a huge step forward for the entire sim racing community that there will actually be an official NASCAR series for sim racing. to bad im a road course guy not an oval racer.

Gadzooks... with over 12,000 members, if they're paying $150 plus a year, that's almost $2 million in revenue!

I can't justify something like this until I end up with $150 plus a year in throw away money. And people complained about making Gran Turismo downloadable only?? Oy...

a lot of the people who play the game are amateur/pro race car drivers. so for them, 150 a year is inexpensive compared to the cost of thetrackdays. :P the laser scanned tracks cost 15-25 bucks too. and additional cars in higher classes are 15 bucks. the TDI cup car's supposed to be free, i think. that car should be plenty of fun.

Its gonna be great having a laser scanned version of some tracks that just never felt quite right in other games.

i doubt even half of those 12,000 are regularly active ATM. hopefully the NASCAR promotion will attract more people to iracing. a lot of oval guys who hated road racing before start roadracing, and a lot of guys who hated oval racing end up learning to appreciate the ovals.

Gadzooks... with over 12,000 members, if they're paying $150 plus a year, that's almost $2 million in revenue!

I can't justify something like this until I end up with $150 plus a year in throw away money. And people complained about making Gran Turismo downloadable only?? Oy...

Well look at World of Warcraft. 11 million members paying $156 a year, that $1,716,000,000 a year in revenue!

I myself, can't see paying a monthly fee just to play a video game, even if it is a great simulation. As for it being cheaper then trackdays, true, but can you remember an online race you had last month? I believe you would remember a trackday you had last year. The experience of a game will never outdo an experience of a trackday.

The guy with the awesome name has a good point
Even if it is a great simulation (i'm not doubting this) but it could never compare to a real track day
I shall test this when I have enough money to get this and when I'm old enough to be able to drive... legally anyway :lol:

What happened to the two Fords? They've removed them from the 'coming soon' section on the cars page on the site. And I know they're not out. Did they cancel them?

What happened to the two Fords? They've removed them from the 'coming soon' section on the cars page on the site. And I know they're not out. Did they cancel them?

i havnt herd about them since they where announced last month. i know its going to take them several months to model them and such so i would think there still in development seeing as they have a deal with ford on them.

Yeah, iRacing is expensive compared to other driving games and simulators, but it is the best money I have spent on a hobby in years. You have to have a relatively current and capable PC and a wheel/pedal set which can add to the cost. I do car and motorcycle track days as well and I agree that iRacing can't top those but it comes damn close at a mere fraction of the cost. The racing and on-track experience with the online community is great and very passionate. I am a big supporter.

I only got into iRacing after getting bored with GT5P and am glad I did. I'm still anxiously awaiting GT5 though!! I hope they are paying attention to some of the things in iRacing. :)

True that if you want lots of cars, you won't get all that at iRacing. If that's important to you, it will further irritate you that you have to pay for each one other than the 3 free ones you get (solstice, spec ford, legends).

As for questions I saw, iRacing are not working on night racing, weather, racing lines and things like that. In fact, you can't even see tire smoke from other cars yet. But the tracks, cars and physics are awesome and there is no comparison. The feeling through the wheel tells you every bump, curb and slide through the car. The graphics and sound are good. The graphics in GT5 are much, much prettier though. But as previously mentioned, big updates come every 3 months and it's always an exciting time for the members.

The other cool thing is all the stats of every race, TT and practice you have ever done, and you can see all other drivers' stats as well. The iRating and sRating are great which means you can trust the guys on track and race very closely and there are no intentional wreckers.

The web-based user interface is well organized and easy to use, no messing with files. Just follow instructions to update whenever the website tells you and it does everything for you.

A few masterful videos:
Daytona Prototype Race at Sebring
NASCAR cup cars on oval
One of many tutorials done by an iRacing member
Outragiously hilarious and masterful example of damage model
NASCAR truck oval racing
Spec Racer Ford at Watkins Glen fun race
Multi-class (skip, legends, solstice) during fun week

Plus here are some videos I did of a few of the different cars:
Riley Daytona Prototype "Tintop" at VIR
Mazda open-wheeler at Sebrin with our California Club
NASCAR Impala at Watkins Glen
Radicals at Laguna Seca
Skip Barber battle at Infineon (Sears Point)
Solstice battle at Lime Rock Park

Enjoy. Jack B has done a good job answering questions.

So I am seriously considering getting this when I get a better wheel for the PC, I'm running the MS shiz now and its ok for GTR2 but this seems to be another level. I am wondering if I can play GTR2 on absolute full max detail settings (everything is set up as high as it goes) how will this run?

Hey guys there is a really good offer on iRacing Fathers Day
Offer will end JUME 29
Basically it is a 25 dollars for 3 months, and DAYTONA Int for FREE!!!
Just what I have been waiting for.
I am getting it soon! Too bad I am going to Mexico on Monday , SO I will miss out on the game for 2 and half weeks.

http://iracing.com/fathersday.html

I play it for the first time today! I love it!!! must get! at least try it for 3 months!

Last edited:
ya know for a minute there i thought they released the lotus finally and went rushing to check it out just to find nothing. but nice screenshots of the thing, she is a real beauty

160 for a year or 20 a month, or something inbetween that. you get 60 credits to spend on extra cars and tracks. after that runs out, cars are $15 and tracks are $15 to $25 (or more?) so, it's quite a bit more expensive than rFactor, Live For Speed, or GTR.

track modeling is great. Car selection is great if you're into oval racing. Still not enough tintops in the game for my tastes, but that will be changing soon!

Just picked up the free one month demo, can't wait to try it out but damn the downloads are huge.

We'll have the Lotus next week, and the Volkswagen TDi Cup Car mid august. I'm guessing both will be $15. also new cars, some new tracks, physics updates, and features. Towing etc.

http://www.virtualr.net/iracingcom-new-build-coming-next-week/

lotus_ss_1_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_2_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_3_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_4_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_6_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_5_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_7_screen_full.jpg

lotus_ss_8_screen_full.jpg

Man, the skip barber car is great at infineon IRL configuration. This is probably one of my favorite tracks now.

Definitely looking forward to the TDI cup car
I'll be buying the whole package when its available, too bad there is no f'ing way I'll be qualified for the races that soon.
Off to some more Solstice racing.:dunce:

if it's D class, that means you have to be a rookie with a safety rating over 4.0, i think. That should be easy to do.

I wonder if iRacing will upgrade their engine to DX 11 or 10 maybe in the future... its kinda lame how the only smoke you see is from your own car. if someone else does a burnout or locks up their tires. you see nothing. no smoke clouds or dust :/

Back