iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
MAJOR Track Signed

Hmm, I am thinking either NUR-Ring or Le Mans.

Ford Spec Racer? I've had to google that, looks good.

What are TIN TOPS by the way?

The attraction for Gran Turismo and Forza fans is often the wide variety of cars and the tinkering with upgrades to progress in levels.

iRacing is quite different. You can't really paint the cars. You can't buy/sell them. You can't add a new engine or new tires, transmission etc. You don't race the AI. And instead of 600 cars, you have maybe 20.

When you think about it iRacing is a completely different experience. It's for the person who loves to race and compete. There are a bunch of Gran Turismo and Forza fans on their (I'm one), but we're there because of the desire to compete against real people.

iRacing will never be the sim for everyone, but if you love to compete it is now and likely for the foreseeable future will have the largest collection of the World's fastest sim drivers competing together.

The World Driver Championships will easily be the most challenging league title to win in sim racing. It pit the top 50 iRacing drivers together for a grueling 42 week season. Each week a different track and only the top 32 of 50 will get a starting spot on the grid.

It will be broadcast, but we haven't heard where/how yet. It might be on YouTube or on the iRacing website.

They just released this video today. iRacing Explained by Leigh Diffey from Speed. It would cool if it was broadcast on Speed, but that seems too expensive, but who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXy3PrXBV-o

Thanks for the info video does not work.. it's private.

So you say you can not paint your cars. So there is no livery editor like in any other PC games?

By the way, can anyone make a video on iRacing to show how all the menu system works? As well how lobbies look and other options aspects, Thanks.

ok im sure i could find this question answered in this but i dont feel like going through 11 pages to find it. how much does it cost to really start using iRacing? not just the subscription and getting 2 cars and a few tracks but being able to actually get in and race online with others on more tracks and more cars?

For the rookie races, I don't think you need to buy any other tracks. (maybe 1 other track, but i don't think so) if you pay 20 bucks for 1 month, you get the basic stuff. If you pay 160 bucks for a year, you get the basic stuff, Plus 60 iracing dollars to spend on tracks/cars.

The smart thing to do would be to sign up for the trial with the formula mazda or Radical so you get an extra car+track too. I havent raced in a long time :/ I'm about to RMA my wheel. once i get a wheel that works properly, I'll get back to racing

I am waiting for my wheel too so i can do 3 month try. So how can I sing up with Radical or Mazda to get the free car track? I bet I can only sing up with one? Which one would be more worth?

I am more of a tintop racer and I've only driven the mazda. The Mazda is a class C (D 4.0) car. While the Radical is a class B (C 4.0) car. so you will probably get a chance to race the mazda earlier. Get whichever trial package comes with the track you prefer more if it's hard to decide between those two cars.

just pure personal opinion but i really wish it wasnt a yearly payment or a monthly payment. i really wish you could just buy the software once and be on your way racing as you please. oh well. looks like a great sim though. 👍

Yeah it would be nice to just do a 1 time thing. I already own rfactor and Live For Speed. I payed for an iRacing yearly subscription after trying it for 1 month. Funny thing is, this has been my busiest year and I've hardly done any gaming or sim racing at all compared to 2007-mid 2008.
Also, the game currently lacks GT class cars, but it's supposed to get some new tintops soon. (corvette before june and porsche some time later?)

if you are into oval racing though, iRacing is a mustbuy.

Ive just started my PC sim career with GTR Evo and found it great. This IRacing thing looks great too and Im going to check it out. Tell me: have any of you heard about Iopener Media. Looks like there is a european counterpart to the IRacing stuff.

http://www.iopenermedia.com/

Ive just started my PC sim career with GTR Evo and found it great. This IRacing thing looks great too and Im going to check it out. Tell me: have any of you heard about Iopener Media. Looks like there is a european counterpart to the IRacing stuff.

http://www.iopenermedia.com/

Hi March!

Go to http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/virtual-racing , and fill the page soon, cause it can take many days before they send 'trial-code' to you. When you got that code, you have no hurry, but it's good to be in mailbox so you can 'open' your free month whenever you feel it's time.

Remember to download whole 'starting package', not just Radical and Silverstone, like some fellows did cause they thought everything else will cost extra.

Prepare yourself to a total reality-shock! That Sim really dont give mercy at all, and you need to reset your mind totally from GT5P manouvres. Also go to Logitechs sites, and search newest drivers to your wheel. I also recommend to buy headset, if you dont already have any... I have Fatal1ty's, and theyre great, and quite reasonable prize.

Hope to see you there, let me know when/if youre coming! 👍

ps. That iOpener did not say anything to me... could not even catch what was their business-idea...? :lol:

Actually I found iracing to give more mercy than I was expecting (the physics not the racing) and had no troubles jumping out of GT5P into iracing and back again, much better than GTR evo.

hey march i just joined iracing myself and i got to tell you its well worth at least trying it. sure only being able to race 2 cars at first aint that great....until you start raing against other people and realizing you need to improve to compete.

If you do the Radical free month trial you get the Radical SR8 aswell, three cars.

Thanks guys. Ill get going on this one. And Aki - please check my: real time racing post. Ive attaced a link that shows the Iopener idea.

Actually I found iracing to give more mercy than I was expecting (the physics not the racing) and had no troubles jumping out of GT5P into iracing and back again, much better than GTR evo.

Yeah... that's true. If you can handle somehow F430/N1, you definetly can handle iRacing too. What mostly was shocking me after GT5P, was unforgiven damage-modelling, small mistakes in high speeds, curbs, and cruelness of areas out of track.

It's sooo frustrating to slide half mile on grass, and totally crash Solstice to barriers, after small mistake when cornering with too much speed. :lol: ...but same time it's so great too. I havent tested GT5P again, but I think I have improved my drivingskills a lot, even I surely cant ever again be as 'fast' as I was. I also finally learned to heel'n'toe shifting, and I love it.

Thanks guys. Ill get going on this one. And Aki - please check my: real time racing post. Ive attaced a link that shows the Iopener idea.

I checked that now. Looks great idea! Lets hope they get something done with that.

I actually were assuming quite close, but wasn't sure.

Yeah... that's true. If you can handle somehow F430/N1, you definetly can handle iRacing too. What mostly was shocking me after GT5P, was unforgiven damage-modelling, small mistakes in high speeds, curbs, and cruelness of areas out of track.

It's sooo frustrating to slide half mile on grass, and totally crash Solstice to barriers, after small mistake when cornering with too much speed. :lol:

Indeed, thats one thing I did notice in iracing, something as small as cutting a corner too much and hitting a inner curb will bite you much more than GT5P, which I liked.

GT in most cars you can ride the curbs all day without too much upset but in iracing even in the Solstice you risk bottoming out (on the curb) which plays havok on balance.

Now I think about it GT needs to model bottoming out better, bottoming out on a curb or anywhere has little bad effect in any of the Gran Turismo's, this would also stop tuners (in GT) lowering the max limits all the time, you would need a good comprimise spot.

Otherwise IMO it 'feels' quite similar and I can switch between them easily.

Cant wait to try out this. Im setting it up tomorrow. I have to say I agree in all you say about the GT series. I havnt played that seriously for a long time. I went for Ferrari challenge at first and Im into betatesting the new SCC game of eutehnyx. The beta needs some adjustments but I feel that eutechnyx got the upperhand when it comes to consol driving physics. But in my eyes GTR Evo and the extremeclass in the game is really good. If Iracing is even better - well then life will be just great.

yea saw that today. glad to see that they are adding the Doran Ford GT-R with that and the Corvette C6.R we might get something awesome like multiple class racing. now if they could add some more cars from the ALMS/LMS series that would be awesome.

iRacing is getting Ford GT-R and Ford Mustang FR500S

http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/index.php

Nice to have some very good race-cars... but I'm afraid it's long time when those are finished. I hope C6R Corvette will be in next update/lisence promotions, which is ten days from now, if I'm correct.
(...hint hint Marchbrown, if you raise your SR over 3.0 before that, and take three Races, or three Time-Trials, you will get fast upgrade to D-license!)

I also hope they would change every second 'Practice Session', to being 'Practice-Race, 10laps' in some higher classes... example in Skippies, race lenght is always over 20laps, and races starts in every second hours. Because that, I have possibility to race only once when I'm behind wheel. :(

If there would be shorter 'Practice-Races', starting more often, I could easily take 3-4 races when I have my 'quality-time'.

i have an extra code for the radical if anyone wants it. i put in for the code and after a few days of waiting i got impatient and just signed up. so after 2 weeks i finally get it and now i cant use it. so if any new members want it give me a PM and ill send it to you.

Thats great Mikey. I told a friend of mine to check it out and I think He,s gonna contact you soon. Its mr Fairplay please whos getting one year older today aswell.

A random screenshot I found of the upcoming Impala SS.

imp9.jpg

I don't have iracing but I can't wait to see some videos of the Ford GT-R and C6.R.

Back