iRacing may have ruined GT5 for me...

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 92 comments
I look at it in the way of, "I'm not that interested in the PS4/ Orbis or whatever anymore" (the inability to use purchased pre-owned games really turned me away) so I am probably saving money, I think awhile ago someone on here said everything at once is 25% off which is about $530, and everything in groups of 6 @ 20% off is about $640, and in groups of 3 is $7xx, but I don't know what the exact numbers are, or where the post is, nor is there any need to buy everything

They haven't confirmed that they're doing that and actually Sony has already hinted that they no longer like the idea. Microsoft definitely wants to do it and I hope they do, it'll destroy that console. I'm a bit sick of the whole 2 console thing. It should be 1 serious console (ps4), 1 family console (wii), and one niche console (PC). The competition between xbox and ps3 only hurt gamers. It would be much better if there was just one console but you know microsoft won't give up until they're losing money. If they do the no used games crapola, the 720 will be a total flop.

When you compare iracing to a brand new console like the ps4, sure it doesn't seem bad but you're forgetting the price of your PC. Not to mention, although the graphics aren't that important, iracing currently can't even match GT5 on ps3, let alone whatever will be on ps4. With a better system, who knows, GT could end up making something seperate from GT6 for the hardcore sim racers. The ps3 can already handle netkar or iracing caliber physics, the ps4 could handle all the damage, incident recording, and online aspects while giving a much more polished experience. That's a few years away though

There's fairly good reasons to not count the price of your PC though.

1. Most people already have one. Whether it's capable of playing iRacing to the specs they want is another question.
2. It's not a single function item.

It's not like a computer ONLY gets used for playing iRacing. Mine also gets used for browsing, watching movies and TV, work (when I have to work from home), and so on. If you buy a $600 computer and play iRacing on it you're not spending $600 to play iRacing. You're spending $600 to do a whole lot of things, ONE of which is iRacing.

If you do the same to something like GT5 and include the console price, suddenly it's $500 ($400 for a console and $100 for the game, hooray Australian pricing!) which suddenly sounds like a massive rip off.

The cost of the hardware should not be included in analysis of the cost of the game when the hardware is multifunctional.

It is hard to compare GT5 to iRacing since GT5 is more a game whereas iRacing is more a sim. What I like in iR there is no O button to start race again, and again, and again. When I start a race I have to finish it, whether on first or the last place. iRacing is more stressful for me and I like it very much. PS3 is having a vacation now. I will get back to it to play New Hitman, Max Payne or Rainbow Six, but never any kind of racing game.

Tom

Back