iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Man that Patron skin looks so damn sexy!!!
Having the Patron 458 as background makes it so much more sexy!

yea i was really lucky to get it aswell.
a guy did a fantastic looking mustang in that livery and someone said "that would look so good on the v8"
i was like holy crap that is an insanely good idea and seconds later i secured the skin with the creator. we were two guys wanting it but fortunately the guy changed his mind and i could get it done.
i really hate having skin someone else has like a ferrari skin for the F1 etc. there's easily 100+ people with Ferrari skins so it takes the fun out of it.

i'll post some pictures tomorrow of my other cars,
Martini Racing Radical
BMW Art car Riley Daytona

very nice, esp you HAMPUS very nice V8.

could someone help me out, I don't know how you do this with photoshop? what are the steps to making your own skins?

Latest one:

C6R_BBS.jpg

Oldschool, I really have no clue about photoshop I'm using Gimp and am still learning all the time.

very nice, esp you HAMPUS very nice V8.

could someone help me out, I don't know how you do this with photoshop? what are the steps to making your own skins?

There is a thread in the "General Painting Discussion" category in the iRacing forums.
It´s a step by step guide on how to get started with painting skins ;)
I have PS skills but i just hate skinning cars. You have to go in and out to check alignment etc so i just pay my $10 to get a top quality skin instead.

Having one done for my soon to come LMP2 car :)

Took some pictures, had them all in PS and when i finally start to work on them PS just locks up :mad:
Eventually got around to take some new shots of the cars..

Williams FW22 Replica. Wish i had the engine that came with the real car :(
13156124d22cee3c86c054d3ddf0b12e6cb78d18.jpg

13156121c81f86715a916c4501baf19fb2fbf28e.jpg

BMW Art Car Jeff Koons inspired paint scheme, only one person wanted to do the skin and that was after quite alot of persuasiveness ;)
1315611542f981a3afd41a1c8c0c763b78250098.jpg

13156109213ce6a457b6fa45499a9376c696b5f9.jpg

131561123c0848693d519b71f69a899788f57f42.jpg

Martini Racing inspired Radical.
131560970a961cac4da445b857b641c5bbbc48fd.jpg

1315610641e0a2a51465c63cdafee9d49df4a237.jpg

13156100298c1b90e745dca2eb9fc43c5c9793a5.jpg

I have PS skills but i just hate skinning cars. You have to go in and out to check alignment etc so i just pay my $10 to get a top quality skin instead.

You do some good fantastic work for a guy that hates skinning cars. I've been doing for the past four years, even before I found iRacing and I love it. I hear you on the alignment as that can be a pain in the ass most of the time, especially if you're doing something really elaborate. Its really rewarding once its done though:tup:

Thanks Jav, yea i always hire the best skinners on iracing for my paints.
Never post a request in the paintbooth section because it doesn´t matter what you say like "i want a pro doing my skin etc" and all the money horny people will show up thinking they can create skins with paint lol.

Steve Brockman and Gergely Kiss are my two main skinners. Samuli Kumo has done the Riley but he seems to have stopped skinning now.
Gergely created the V8 and F1. Steve did the Martini Rad for me.

Both charge between $10-20 depending on how hard the skin is and won´t stop until you are 110% satisfied with the work.
I got my V8 skin made a long time ago and i asked Gergely for the .psd file because i wanted to change a thing, 5 min later he told me he already changed it for me and sent me the new .tga and .psd file to go with it so that for me really says something about these guys, it can be years since you bought a skin but they are always there to help tweak or change something on the skin if you would like that.

You do some good fantastic work for a guy that hates skinning cars. I've been doing for the past four years, even before I found iRacing and I love it. I hear you on the alignment as that can be a pain in the ass most of the time, especially if you're doing something really elaborate. Its really rewarding once its done though:tup:

I haven´t done any of those skins though :)
I just take pictures of my skins but it´s the creators of the skin that should get the honours ;)

But yea, i tried one time and it is very straight forward but so time consuming in the beginning etc.

How about some skins from yourself? 4 years you surely must have some really fine ones ;)

Is there any way to try out iRacing? I really would love to try it and I am waiting for my birthday to buy a 1 year promo... but I want to see what it is like.

Well there are different promo codes floating arround, maybe you could use one of those and then get the 1 year promo on your birthday!

I haven´t done any of those skins though :)
I just take pictures of my skins but it´s the creators of the skin that should get the honours ;)

Ah, my mistake. You got some great painters to do your paint schemes.

How about some skins from yourself? 4 years you surely must have some really fine ones ;)

I have far more then I can count across six different sims so its kinda spreadout :lol: I've been doing more lately on iRacing though.

well then show us some :) I have seen your iRacing paints for the contest only but for sure, post up some iR skins if you have :)

well then show us some :) I have seen your iRacing paints for the contest only but for sure, post up some iR skins if you have :)

Well there's many in the first post for a start ;) Made those as I was starting out in iRacing.

Here's more:

iRacingSim2010-11-2512-11-38-81.jpg

iRacingSim2010-11-2512-02-03-19.jpg

iRacingSim2010-11-2512-05-33-18.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

iRacingSim2010-11-2511-58-42-05.jpg

iRacingSim2010-11-2512-18-23-51.jpg

iRacingSim2010-11-2512-23-04-04.jpg

Impala3.jpg

Impala1.jpg

Impala2.jpg

What specs do you run? Some of the track seems abit blurry :)

Well thats the odd thing about me: While all these are painted by me, None of these pictures were taken by me. You know how I've asked you to take pictures for me? Thats why, I don't have iRacing so I've usually had to resort to asking people to take pictures of my paint schemes in-game. Some people have better graphics then others hence why you might have noticed the quality is not quite consistant. Even when I do get iRacing, I won't even have any of these cars:indiff:

Jav
Latest one:

Oldschool, I really have no clue about photoshop I'm using Gimp and am still learning all the time.

thanks

There is a thread in the "General Painting Discussion" category in the iRacing forums.
It´s a step by step guide on how to get started with painting skins ;)

Having one done for my soon to come LMP2 car :)

wait, so I can buy skins???

thanks for the thread, I'll check it out

Well thats the odd thing about me: While all these are painted by me, None of these pictures were taken by me. You know how I've asked you to take pictures for me? Thats why, I don't have iRacing so I've usually had to resort to asking people to take pictures of my paint schemes in-game. Some people have better graphics then others hence why you might have noticed the quality is not quite consistant. Even when I do get iRacing, I won't even have any of these cars:indiff:

I see, yea i remember. I just thought it was because of not knowing PS or something but i understand.

What a minute? you don´t own any of the cars you painted?
How do you know everything fits (which it did on the iR skins)

wait, so I can buy skins???

thanks for the thread, I'll check it out

Yea, but whatever you do, DON´T create a thread and make a request. Check around the "showroom" and decide yourself which skinner is qualified to provide you with a Top quality skin.
There are too many that just wants to make a few quick bucks...

Oh and Follestad (Jav link) Does not do requests. He only does skins then put them out for free which is great if you don´t care about having an individual skin.

Karl B. Twort is a good skinner aswell. Pretty active one.

I see, yea i remember. I just thought it was because of not knowing PS or something but i understand.

What a minute? you don´t own any of the cars you painted?
How do you know everything fits (which it did on the iR skins)

Study the wireframe and just guess basically. The Nascar ones were the easiest to start with since they have a similar layout to some templates I did for another sim. The others that I haven't posted up yet I've taken even longer on since I have no refference whatsoever, including the one Indycar that I'm still working on.

wow that must be annoying, open wheelers isn´t exactly the easiest cars to work with.
Especially not when you can´t even confirm everything is in place.

wow that must be annoying, open wheelers isn´t exactly the easiest cars to work with.
Especially not when you can´t even confirm everything is in place.

It really is. I even tryed to download someone's paint scheme & save it as a Jpeg thinking maybe I'll get a better idea where everything goes. That didn't work, was still confused. Its not the case interestingly with the HPD ARX though because as soon as I saw it for the first time, the first thing that came to mind was the Enduracers Acura Template (which was a far more easier case of study and guess where everything goes). Alot of the mask had similar layout (only difference being that everything seems either bigger or skinnier) so I've been able to work on it and have a pretty good idea where everything is. I just wish there some sort of at least 3d model for a program like AC3D so I've have a far better idea of how things lined up on the much more difficult templates.

Do you own iRacing or is it just that you don´t own all the cars you skin?

I still have the sim, but I can't use it since I'm not on iRacing now. I also don't have any of the cars I skin.

Ok understand. Why are you not iRacing?

Because I can't afford it. Don't have the money to pay for the subscription at the moment or for the content. I was on the forums, but only via a free NASCAR.com promo and even then, I have no wheel to actually race with.

Man you are missing out.
If you are tight on a budget my best offer would be to get these,

DFGT GT5 wheel. (no clutch but will do the job for now and is cheap)
1 year sub (big money at the beginning but over a year it´s way cheaper then any other sub)

Back