iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
  • 336,484 views
Did some cleanup and I was lucky enough to find a fantastic base colour template provided by digigrafet.com

So this:
cbrunners.jpg

Became this:
HexisFinal1.jpg


Now to stop painting and drive the dam thing :D
 
Looks great Hydro! 👍

Thanks, really like yours too - great job 👍
Plus you've used my fave beverage as your Sponsor - just not the Max part - Pepsi original all the way :D
 
Really loving the new touch ups Hydro! Looks a lot more alive now!

Smuffy, that thing is incredible man!! Awesome job dude! I love it!!
 
Thanks Jav 👍 It was your Daytona pics that inspired me to go back and keep trying until it looked right.

I'm putting photoshop away for a while now ... I never used to care about painting cars until this :lol:
 
Lol!! It can be very addictive but it is very rewarding once we get the results we want!
 
It is bizarrely addicting. I must have 'settled' on about 10 different 'final edits' but kept going back after figuring out more photoshop tools. Back to the laptop.....

I swear, the last edit is the 'final, final, I really mean it this time edit' :lol:
Until the next one....
 
I made this scheme while fooling around with clipping layers in gimp, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

iRacingSim642013-02-0314-56-51-47_zpsf6a35450.png


Clipping layers are pretty simple, but I'm sure they can be used for a bunch of cool stuff.

Edit: As requested, more pictures. If you use GIMP, this site shows a simple way to use clipping layers. I'm not sure how photoshop des them though. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/87/t1316647-how-to-make-clipping-mask-in-gimp/

Anyway, the photos:
iRacingSim642013-02-0315-10-29-57_zps3202f8f8.png

iRacingSim642013-02-0315-10-52-55_zpsb281ecab.png
 
Last edited:
That's pretty cool Aarror! Post up some more shots of that please!! I really like the look!
 
Looks great. Maybe go with a Colour Smart scheme or something. Like on the NASCAR's
 
Nice 👍 Totally reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo&t=4m11s
You obviously used a bigger paint gun :D

Yup! :D I started off with a bunch of small splats but decided that the big ones looked better. I'll probably play around some more with these clipping layers and see what I can come up with, on an easier car to paint though.

Edit: Thanks for the comments guys. :)

It is now free on the iracing forums: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2074345.page
 
Last edited:
A very quick GTPlanet themed Silver Arrow Mazda:
Sort of a WIP, but I kind of like it as-is for now.
SAR2.jpg

SAfront.jpg

And hopefully the only graphic other drivers see:
SArear.jpg
 
A very quick GTPlanet themed Silver Arrow Mazda:
Sort of a WIP, but I kind of like it as-is for now.
SAR2.jpg

SAfront.jpg

And hopefully the only graphic other drivers see:
SArear.jpg

Wow, those metallic layers give it almost a chrome effect! Looks awesome! Did you use white or grey as the base colour?
 
Black actually. I you use a really dark grey or black and add highlight effect layers you can mess with the brightness and contrast to create a chrome effect. My hexis McLaren from a couple of pages back is a better example of a chrome finish with the Mazda looking almost like stainless steel.

This vid gave me the idea and its basically what I did, just with varying brightness and contrast levels instead of a full 150.
 
Wow! That SM looks amazing Hydro!! Awesome awesome job!!
 
Aarror, your Rothman's paint on the SRF looked awesome last night. Nice job!
 
Thanks Jav. Something good had to come from the service being out so much yesterday ;)
 
Aarror, your Rothman's paint on the SRF looked awesome last night. Nice job!

Thanks! Was a good race, we must have traded places almost every lap until the end.

Thanks for the vid Hydro, I'll check it out tonight.
 
Just came across this on the Internet. Thought it was good enough to post.
Promoshot_zpsbf49b8ce.jpg
 
DAMN!!! Who made that?? That's awesome!!
 
That picture looks familiar.. ;)
 
The work I see in this thread is amazing. 👍

Wish I had iRacing, I'd love to make liveries for the game but it's difficult when you can't tell if things are lined up correctly.
 
The work I see in this thread is amazing. 👍

Wish I had iRacing, I'd love to make liveries for the game but it's difficult when you can't tell if things are lined up correctly.

Come to the Racing side Shawn :lol: The online grass really is greener over there!
Besides, 3D3/WRS is woefully under represented there (just me ;)) even though Jon was into it for a while - pretty sure he ran ~40 races over the Christmas break alone!
 
I would if I could afford the subscription. If I could ever land a job, I'd definitely do it.
 
Here's my paint for the new Gen 6 SS :).

iRacingSim642013-02-2622-37-01-21_zps91d137b8.jpg


iRacingSim642013-02-2622-37-45-36_zpscda7ea97.jpg


iRacingSim642013-02-2622-38-03-80_zpse4a34d4f.jpg


iRacingSim642013-02-2622-38-36-02_zps332ee28f.jpg
 
My Hocky Canada MX5 :D
HockeyCanMX5front.jpg

HockeycanMX5leftside-br.jpg

HockeyCanMX5rear.jpg


Really hoping the rear end doesn't lead to trouble :nervous: To be clear - 'Stop' signs go on all junior hockey sweaters to discourage hitting from behind (I'm not trying to be an 🤬 )
Canadian drivers should get it.:lol:
 
Back