iRacing purchases Monster Games

• Thread starter madfiddler
  • 14 comments
Don't Motorsports Games have an exclusive NASCAR licence at the moment?
They do indeed, Monster have the licence for the SRX series (which was actually an OK title given it runs on Unity).

These are some interesting purchases. I wonder if they are planning a foray into the consoles. Or maybe they want to strengthen IRacing in rally and dirt areas

kjb
These are some interesting purchases. I wonder if they are planning a foray into the consoles. Or maybe they want to strengthen IRacing in rally and dirt areas
I think they were pulling a Microsoft and buying up the competition to close it off. Effectively making iracing a near monopoly when it comes to licensed series. I would very much like to be proven wrong.

Think I was sort of thinking more Motorsport Games than Monster but my point still stands, I don't believe iRacing has any interest in releasing anything for consoles or allowing competing interests to cut into their margins. And once again I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

Their first title on consoles will be an officially licensed World of Outlaws game.

Their Tony Stewart/SRX games seemed fairly well received (I haven't played them) so I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Also, tagging @Famine in case this may be news worthy.

Some more news is out about the World of Outlaws game, it will feature both the Sprint Car and Late Models as well as some additional classes. It launches some time in September on both generations of consoles (PC is oddly not mentioned), which admittedly concerns me a little as it makes me wonder if it’s just yet another reworking of the Heat games.

https://worldofoutlawsgame.com/

Last edited:
PC makes no sense since this content is already in iR for many years ^^
I'd imagine this game will be more approachable than iRacing, so it seems odd to not include a PC version to reach more people.

Back