iRacing Technical Thread

• Thread starter hampus_dh
  • 36 comments
there are many ways to pimp the brake, i know. :dopey:

in the moment i use simply the G27+ pedals, works well. i will see in the next weeks how the AP brake works for me, and yes i drove already pedals with loadcell.

and i´m still an owner of this one, must buy only new cables to connect to wheel, better directly to the PC. :)

vpp2.png

a small update to this would be nice,...
http://www.motopc.de/galerie.html

🤬, i need more money.
f2t3p111n117.gif
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap what sexy pedals!!

Yea hydralic should just put the pedals in the most realistic mode you can get.
Maybe there could be a tweak for the clutch so you have different resistance in the throw to "fake" the clutch biting.

I think the natural move for me would be to upgrade to CST´s eventually. They seems very nice.

My PC specs are below. Triples screens too! :)

Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (x2)

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION

Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive

XFX Pro 750W Core Edition Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 7 Bundle - Home Premium 64 Bit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter

...I've just added another 4GB of RAM for no other reason apart from that it's so cheap at the moment 👍

How much does having triple monitors increase your performance? In GT5 I use the bumper cam because the limited peripheral vision from the cockpit killed my lap times. Can you get a much better view of upcoming corners?

Like Mr Hampus said, it adds a whole chunk of immersion 👍

You can certainly see the corners coming up and triple screens help hugely with setting yourself up for the apex.

I wasn't convinced about triple screens at first but now I couldn't go back to just one! :)

Thought I'd put my laptop specs up with some graphic settings I use. I have an Alienware m15x laptop(don't hate me:scared:). I always wanted to check out Alienware at least once and at the time(few years ago) I had some extra cash and decided to get one. Specs are as follows: i7 720qm(1.6GHz-max turbo 2.8GHz)cpu, 500gb hard drive, 6gb DDR3 1333Hz RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 260m gpu.

I've been playing around with the graphics the past few days and monitoring my gpu temps. While playing at all low settings, no shadows, no filtering, nothing(middle and right column all turned off) and no fps limit my gpu was getting quite warm. Around 95c. I was getting anywhere from 150-330ish fps at this time. I guess all that fps isn't worth it if its going to make my laptop get hot. So, I decided to limit the fps to 100 and that alone reduced my gpu temps all the way down to around 65-70c. From there I started turning more and more things on and was quite surprised that I have all but a few things on and hold around 80 fps give or take 10-20. Also to my surprise is that the gpu temp holds around 75c and the cpu is a steady 70c under load. The frames stutter every now and then, but its not bad. I have tested it in practice sessions with many cars on track and against my lap times which are the same.

So heres the graphics rundown:
Cars - high
Pit Objects - high
Event - high
Grandstand - high
Crowds - low
Objects - high
Headlights - low
Max Cars - 20
Frame Rate limited to 100
Shadow maps on tracks/cars
Trackside - checked
Prefer shadow maps - checked
Shadow volumes - checked
2-pass - checked
More shadows - unchecked
Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Anti-aliasing - 4x
Vertex shaders - checked
Pixel shaders - checked
Advanced shaders - unchecked
Show steering wheel
Virtual Mirror - checked(120 degrees)
Cockpit mirrors - checked
Higher detail in mirrors - unchecked
Headlights on track in mirrors - checked
Far terrain - checked
Trilinear filtering - checked
Improve car textures - checked w/cache swap with nearest cars
Reduce z-fighting/flickering - checked
Store racetrack in gpu memory - unchecked

Also need to add that resolution is at 1600x900x32 and the laptop is connected to a 37in tv with 60Hz refresh rate.

Just wanted to post for anyone who has a laptop and wants to compare what they might get as far as performance. Quite suprised mine can run with that many settings on. Laptop runs relatively cool and iRacing has never looked better.

Latest Posts

Back