IRS GT4 Championship Series - Season 2 - Timlour is our Pro Class Champion!

Which damage setting do you prefer for this series?

• Heavy Damage

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Light Damage

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello Gentleman!

As you guys are well aware, Season 2 ends on December 16th and due to the Holidays Season 3 is tentatively scheduled to start on January 20th, 2020. That is a lot of empty time in between. I built in the time lapse with the Holidays in mind and to schedule some different events in between to help fill the void and keep those who are available engaged.

With that being said, I need some assistance with another series. I need your participation (whomever is available for some test races) and feedback on a series that will serve as somewhat of a companion to the GT4 Championship. Let me give you a brief description and a look at the format. The series would be called...

The IRS GT Masters

ADAC Real.jpg

This series would be loosely based off of the real life series in Germany called the ADAC GT Masters. However, it would follow the same format as the one presently used in the IRS GT4 Championship. Ballast would still be an essential element in the series however the available car list would be slightly smaller. It would only utilize the following GR.3 makes and models:
    • Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
    • Chevrolet Corvette C7
    • BMW M6 GT3 M Power (Walkenhorst not eligible)
    • Porsche 911 RSR
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    • Mercedes AMG GT3
    • Audi R8 LMS
    • Honda NSX GT3
Only 3 cars of each make and model would be available. This car list very closely resembles what currently runs in the real life series and I'd like to keep it as close as possible to that. Of course, there are some exceptions within that list (the Corvette in GT Sport is fictional GT 3 car made by PD).

If I could get a few folks to run some races where we experiment with ballast and try different tracks it would go a long way towards getting the series on track (pun). The thread is prepped and ready to go but I would really like to get some tests in to get a stronger sense of how the cars run against one another and how the Success Ballast affects them.

As you know, the Ballast system in place in the GT4 Championship has worked really well for its intended purpose to this point and I think it would be great to run a series with it in the Gr. 3 Cars.

Once I get a few folks interested (6 or more would be great) I will schedule the practice/test races. Like I mentioned; those test races would be after Season 2 of the GT4 Series wraps up and in that same time slot.

Thanks again and let me know if you are interested.

In for testing on the GT Masters Series:
@Canita
@Whitey093

Last edited:
Confirming for tonight.
Hopefully I have a better race @ Suzuka, not sure how i do decent on quali and always seem to find myself either caught in some drama or making costly dumb mistakes.

Count me in for testing with ADAC GT Masters series.

RL is killing me again this week...the holiday season is relentless this year. :crazy:

Next week doesn't look good either...:grumpy:

This car list very closely resembles what currently runs in the real life series and I'd like to keep it as close as possible to that. Of course, there are some exceptions within that list (the Corvette in GT Sport is fictional GT 3 car made by PD).

The Porsche is not a GT3 car either. Lol

I don't know if I will be able to join or not but I will see about helping test and stuff if I am available.

@Moby45 you think you have been in a suck streak? My friend, my suck streak has set records. I'd be giddy with 5th tonight, hell 7th or 8th would be improvement

I think the last 3 races I have finished below 5th or 6th. Lol All started with the disconnect at Monza.

I’m up for some test races over the holiday break (assuming I read that right about when they are). Can’t promise I’ll make them all but extra seat time is always good!

Reminder to all:

Please stay on track when I post up that qualifying is complete! It makes setting the grid easier for me. Thanks.

Also, if I post up that qualifying is over and you just started a hot lap you ARE allowed to continue and complete that lap.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight!

Note to self: The Hyundai is crap on overly twisty tracks. Or the last update ruined everything. We'll find over the course of the week when we do some other racing as well.

Well the first half of that one was interesting. Just concentrated on hitting my marks and trying to keep it on the road. Tim was able to stick with me for a while until just before it was time to pit. Figured I needed just over half a tank so I filled to that and went on my way. I don't know if it was just me but I felt like I had less grip on the 2nd set of tires? I could immediately feel the difference after leaving pit road. Couldn't keep the laps as clean and damn near ended my race twice trying to be a hero in turn 1. :nervous:

Great race, guys!

There was an incident at the start of the race where @Mopowr got into a slide and caught a tap from @GTP_Guido which caused some damage to his Mustang. Guido's Viper didn't take any damage. It has been ruled a racing incident.

There was some spirited battling throughout the race but what I've seen thus far doesn't seem bad, really. There was some contact when @DesertPenguin tapped @LedtheIron going into the final chicane but he waited and let Led back by. Good job.

I have more reviewing to do but all in all it was a good race. I can tell you this... @damon84c and I were battling really hard for most of that race. It was awesome.

Thanks again guys.:cheers::gtpflag:

Back