IRS GT4 Championship Series - Series Complete! Season 2 starts soon!!

That's a shame. I really enjoy racing at Autopolis. More points available for me then

I think even if I loved it there would be more points for you, I am pathetically slow there and I have a feeling this track will be a disadvantage for my heavy car. I would like to drive the Toyota 86 tomorrow.

Question about the car weight on the M4. If I put it at 109% it's actually 3,278lbs. Am I missing something?

Edit: Did some laps at 109% weight. The race is going to be hell on the left front tire, especially for those carrying extra weight.

Last edited:
Question about the car weight on the M4. If I put it at 109% it's actually 3,278lbs. Am I missing something?

Edit: Did some laps at 109% weight. The race is going to be hell on the left front tire, especially for those carrying extra weight.
I'm sorry for the late response. I will double check things in the morning but I beleive the weight you quoted is correct. 3,278 lbs.

Confirmed: the correct weight is 3,278 lbs.

Absolutely got killed that race, my ballast absolutely killed me, strategy didn’t go the way I wanted it to. But oh well, move on to the next race.

SDM_Viper
Yeah, after you left the lobbyI mentioned that your car seemed heavily affected by the ballast. That concerns me because we are not trying to cripple drivers in this series.

I will be testing that car up to the next race. We may need to make adjustments for next season but the organizers will be discussing the test results.

Yeah, after you left the lobbyI mentioned that your car seemed heavily affected by the ballast. That concerns me because we are not trying to cripple drivers in this series.

I will be testing that car up to the next race. We may need to make adjustments for next season but the organizers will be discussing the test results.

Yeah I was a little frustrated cause you and Jeeves had incidents but you guys caught back up to me no problem. I had no major incidents at all and I got a crap result. Can I also suggest we race at Interlagos for next race instead of Tokyo?

SDM_Viper

Gotta say up front that I am not a fan of no tire/fuel wear in qualifying. You put the thing up front and then when the race starts you are driving a totally different animal. Ballast hurt here, understeer for days. Start of the race went OK, was trying my best to get used to the car again and made a few mistakes. Jeeves was able to get past but immediately binned it. :P I actually went off there as well but didn't suffer the same fate.

Also, is starting the race with 2/3 of a tank of fuel a new thing since Brands? Don't remember that race starting that way. Then again I have a bad memory. Wasn't expecting it so immediately my pit strategy was thrown off. Figured I would have to stop twice so I put Mediums back on and topped off the tank on my first stop, hoping for a splash and Softs on my last stop. Which started to look like it wasn't going to happen, with 6 to go the distance to empty was over 6 laps so I dropped down to Map 2 and was intending on riding it out to the finish. But when I saw that Bass came in I decided to dive in and do my Softs/Splash strategy again. May have taken a bit too much fuel but considering my history with fuel mileage I guess it worked out. Was able to track Jeeves down for P2 on the last lap but didn't have enough time to close the gap to P1. I think the tires were done at that point anyway.

Can I also suggest we race at Interlagos for next race instead of Tokyo?

+1

Congratulations to the winner @Bass Addict !!!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and raced!

It will be interesting to see where the points stand after this one. Next race is a Street Circuit! Tokyo Expressway Soutn Inner Loop to be exact. I will host some test races so stay tuned.

Gotta say up front that I am not a fan of no tire/fuel wear in qualifying. You put the thing up front and then when the race starts you are driving a totally different animal. Ballast hurt here, understeer for days. Start of the race went OK, was trying my best to get used to the car again and made a few mistakes. Jeeves was able to get past but immediately binned it. :P I actually went off there as well but didn't suffer the same fate.

Also, is starting the race with 2/3 of a tank of fuel a new thing since Brands? Don't remember that race starting that way. Then again I have a bad memory. Wasn't expecting it so immediately my pit strategy was thrown off. Figured I would have to stop twice so I put Mediums back on and topped off the tank on my first stop, hoping for a splash and Softs on my last stop. Which started to look like it wasn't going to happen, with 6 to go the distance to empty was over 6 laps so I dropped down to Map 2 and was intending on riding it out to the finish. But when I saw that Bass came in I decided to dive in and do my Softs/Splash strategy again. May have taken a bit too much fuel but considering my history with fuel mileage I guess it worked out. Was able to track Jeeves down for P2 on the last lap but didn't have enough time to close the gap to P1. I think the tires were done at that point anyway.

+1
You have a good point I’m not a fan of giant the fuel situation is at the start of each race. I’d prefer if we started with full tanks of fuel at each races. And it started at Monza.

SDM_Viper

+1
The 65% fuel rule is not new. However, I may have forgotten that element in race 1. Since then I corrected my mistake.

What is the basis for eeplacing Tokyo from the schedule? I am not opposed to a track change but I did want a Street course in the schedule.

What is the basis for eeplacing Tokyo from the schedule? I am not opposed to a track change but I did want a Street course in the schedule.
I do think the game needs a good street course, but Tokyo is not your typical street course. Doesn't feel right for racing, especially with actual race cars.

The 65% fuel rule is not new. However, I may have forgotten that element in race 1. Since then I corrected my mistake.
Caught me out last week for some reason :dunce: ...does change how you approach the race. 👍

What is the basis for replacing Tokyo from the schedule? I am not opposed to a track change but I did want a Street course in the schedule.
I was looking forward to this race and IMHO, we should have one street course each season. :)

👍

Gr.2 cars at night on South Outer Loop is awesome as long as you have respectful, clean racers...:)

:cheers:
I would much prefer the old Tokyo street course to what we have, which is only really suited for role play scenarios such as street car highway racing like Tokyo Extreme Racer.

I have no concerns about respectful driving with this group.

One thing I was considering is turning on wall collision penalties. I have never used that setting so I have no idea how well it works. I am only considering it to deter "wall riding". Again! Not something I worry about drivers in this group doing but I was considering it.

In my opinion street circuits have no business in auto racing. There are so many great circuits across the world I have no idea why they even use them IRL. The corners are almost always blind, from the drivers point of view all you see are a pair of walls, and they just dont have any great turns, they are basically a drag race corner to corner.
If we are forced to race on a street circuit I think wall contact penalties should be on, the reason for them in the game is to give you some sort of penalty if you hit a wall, in real life your wall hitting penalty basically spells the end of your race.

The alternatives to Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop are:

Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop
In my opinion street circuits have no business in auto racing. There are so many great circuits across the world I have no idea why they even use them IRL. The corners are almost always blind, from the drivers point of view all you see are a pair of walls, and they just dont have any great turns, they are basically a drag race corner to corner.
If we are forced to race on a street circuit I think wall contact penalties should be on, the reason for them in the game is to give you some sort of penalty if you hit a wall, in real life your wall hitting penalty basically spells the end of your race.

The Tokyo -South Inner Loop Layout has the best variety of corners of all the Tokyo Expressway layouts. Also, passing is definitely possible in some locations. It is the layout that has the long run down into the dock area. We would run this version at night.

Back