IRS GT4 Championship Series - Series Complete! Season 2 starts soon!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 517 comments
  • 28,227 views
Hey all! The Ballast settings for race 7 have been updated.

The spreadsheets for Points and Ballast have not been updated yet. Those are on my work computer so I will get to it on Monday night. I will post up to let you all know they are updated. In the meantime, here is the points spread not including Pole or fastest lap:

GentlemanRacing = 100
fastone = 94
Viper = 93
Jeeves = 89
Bass = 83
nico = 49
R1600 Turbo = 49 ( +1 for Fastest Lap and +1 for Pole at Autopolis, already confirmed)
RRDZ = 35
nail27 = 34
Alan = 33
tympache = 10

17 points separate the top 5 drivers! It's all coming to a head. @Jeeves_ACBC , @fastone371 and @R1600Turbo Turbo are maxed out on Ballast. @SDM_Viper has dropped down 1% on Ballast. It's getting interesting for sure!

The question of changing the next track has come up. Track selection at the beginning of the season was made to alternate the advantage between high horsepower versus great handling. This should be taken into consideration of a track change is made. It is the organizer's belief that Tokyo is a track that suits the high horsepower cars better than the good handling cars. Any change should be made quickly and only after some test races with as many competitors participating as possible.

Your thoughts?
 
Although I strongly dislike street circuits I signed up to race in this series as presented so I refuse to start asking or demanding that we suddenly need to change courses the week before it comes up on the schedule. If I am unhappy with track schedule I should have said something before we started racing or not signed up for this series in the first place. Fast or slow (again) I will be at the next track on the schedule next Saturday.



I know I am not in the running for fastest lap:guilty::irked::irked: but my question is how the heck did @R1600Turbo go 1:51.4 in qualifying?? What an outstanding lap!!!
 
Yeah, we have some amazing drivers in this series!

I personally really like the Tomyo track. Especially at night.
 
I would like to stay with the two remaining tracks to close out this season...👍

The wall penalty on weak would be fine by me for Tokyo...:)
 
I would like to see Interlagos replace Tokyo.

SDM_Viper
 
Anyone around. I can open up a lobby and we can do some practice races at Tokyo with the wall penalty thing on.

Some quick 5 lappers.

Also - I have to adjust the race length for the Tokyo race. It over a 2 minute lap plus the formation lap.
 
Changes to Series Settings I am considering for Season 2:

1. Starting fuel increased from 65% to 75%

2. Tire wear reduction from 3x to 2x. (Fuel consumption may be considered as well)

3. Changes to Ballast reduction based on finishing position. I am considering removing 1% when a competitor finishes off the podium rather than outside the top 5.


None of these changes are confirmed and they will not be considered until Season 1 is concluded.
 
I'm out this weekend. Have to take my car up to Phoenix on Saturday morning to have it looked at. I'll try to make Suzuka.

Well thats one car I know I will not pass, makes the odds of a good finish better for me. :D:D
 
I am missing two points for pole position. I will check for them via the replays.

Is anyone able to do rattle off the pole positions for each race? Who was on Pole at:

Catalunya = @Jeeves_ACBC
Brands Hatch = @R1600Turbo
Nürburgring GP = @SDM_RRDZ
Red Bull Ring = @fastone371
Monza = @Jeeves_ACBC
Autopolis = @R1600Turbo

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT UPDATED
 
Last edited:
I dont know about Spain, I missed that one but had pole at Red Bull Ring
 
I will not be racing next week, going back home for Labor Day weekend and my PS4 will be 3 hours away
 
Anyone close enough to NYC to make it to the event this weekend?
 
Back