Is a steering wheel worth it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SUBSAILOR
  • 74 comments
  • 7,848 views
Messages
71
Messages
SUBSALLOR
Messages
Justice_Strikes
Is this a huge upgrade over the controller? I love the game and plan on playing it for a long time but its the only racing game I play, but in turn the DS3 gets aggravating sometimes. Opinions would be appreciated. thanks!
 
Is this a huge upgrade over the controller? I love the game and plan on playing it for a long time but its the only racing game I play, but in turn the DS3 gets aggravating sometimes. Opinions would be appreciated. thanks!

If its the only racing game you play definitely. I have 2 logitech wheels (DFP and a G27) I love both wheels and won't play GT w/o one. I warn you though its like trying to learn to play GT all over again with a wheel. At first i hated my wheel because I thought it made the game almost impossible. But after about month of using my wheel I learned that I could race faster than with a DS3. So long story short Yes it is worth it. I recommend the G27 even though it not actually supported, but work on GT5. The DFP is cheap and works great for the price. I havent tried the DFGT but i assume it works equal or better than a DFP.
 
A wheel really does make a huge difference. It will take some getting used to, but once you do, you'll probably never want to play any racing game without one again.
 
yes.
 
My wife got me a logitech wireless wheel for Christmas, and I could never go back now. Even though it's a cheap wheel ($50 or $60), it makes GT5 so much more fun! It is challenging at first to get used to, but once you do, you will be running quicker laps and having way more fun.
 
It is worth it. When I bought my DFGT 6 months ago, I felt immediatly the difference, and in about 2-3 days I was faster with the wheel. Obviously the G27 is a better wheel, made with better materials, but the DFGT has a good Force Feedback, and it cost a lot less than the G27, has buttons on the wheel, it's fully supported but it doesn't have the clutch, so it's up to you and how much you want to invest on it.
 
Get one, it will make the game that much more fun to play.
 
Im getting mine aprox like 2 weeks(stupid shipping!!!!!)
 

Going from a pad to a wheel is like going from 56k dialup to full on broadband, HD porn my friend. Either way you see boobs but the latter are that little closer to seeing them in real life.
 
Absolutely! But you will have to learn how to drive all over again. Should take you about 3-4 hours, try doing the licenses.
 
I need a steering wheel, but the DFGT costs $129.99 at Gamestop :(
 
Do it. I didn't think it was worth it at first, but man, I was wrong. You will appreciate GT a lot more by playing with a wheel.
 

Yeah, but my parents don't know much about Internet & that my big sis will get mad that I bought an expensive item even after that I bought GT5 (full $59.99 w/o tax).
 
In a simple answer - YES!
I got a G27 just for this game and i haven't looked back.
Like most people have said though it does take a bit of time to get used to it.
It's like learning to play gt all over again.
 
The steering wheel is worth it. Why play GT without one? I would rather not play.
 
It's like learning to play gt all over again.

But when it falls into place you realise that all along you haven't really been playing GT.
 
After using the controller for years like I have the wheel makes it 100 times more fun. Even if you're not going faster you're having more fun and learning a few things.
 
Going from a pad to a wheel is like going from 56k dialup to full on broadband, HD porn my friend. Either way you see boobs but the latter are that little closer to seeing them in real life.

LOL :drool:
 
BigYoSpeck Going from a pad to a wheel is like going from 56k dialup to full on broadband
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
 
I have a driving force wheel that I found in my house one day. I dont have pedals for it nor do I have a proper table to mount it on. So currently i only use the DS3. Tried the wheel out a few times, had a lot of trouble with it.
 
Definitely get a wheel, just make sure you get a FFB wheel. You should be able to pick up an old DFPro from ebay for $80 or so and they're still a very decent wheel and fully supported by GT5.

Also, what BigYoSpeck said.
 
Going from a pad to a wheel is like going from 56k dialup to full on broadband, HD porn my friend. Either way you see boobs but the latter are that little closer to seeing them in real life.

This gets my vote as post of the day 👍
 
I just ordered a Fanatec 911 carrera wheel, comes in Wednesday and cant wait!
 
I just ordered a Fanatec 911 carrera wheel, comes in Wednesday and cant wait!

Love mine! Much better than the old, old Driving Force I had. Plus h-gate shifter and clutch for the win!👍
 
Hate to break everyones bubble, but a DS3 works fine for me.
 
Hate to break everyones bubble, but a DS3 works fine for me.

Hey, you're not bursting my bubble. The DS3 sucks in my opinion. The wheel works fine for me. :)
 
Is a steering wheel worth it?

If you want to experience the game properly, yes. Playing GT5 with a regular controller is getting only have of the experience.
 
Back