Is anyone else getting worse?

• Thread starter Oswald07
  • 50 comments
Seems like everyone is getting more consistent. Those drivers I used to count on to spin off the track when under a little pressure aren't crashing anymore. And seems like everyone has got the basics; brake, turn in, apex, accelerate. Now I'm stuck in BS. Can't get more than DR 25000. My girl friend, dog, and work only allow me so much practice time. Does anyone know a shortcut?

girlfriend + dog , you already won at life mate i wouldn't worry too much about that measly DR at this point

Do the circuit challenge round nordschleife (that will get you started). Then Learn that one track and you will be rewarded

I posted earlier saying i’ve been stuck at B/S for months, but when I logged in last night for my daily hour, I’m at A/S now. Haven’t done anything different really, finishing 2nd-8th usually.... but I did complete a couple more of the goals with a few more liveries and likes of other peoples. Not sure if thats a factor?

I posted earlier saying i’ve been stuck at B/S for months, but when I logged in last night for my daily hour, I’m at A/S now. Haven’t done anything different really, finishing 2nd-8th usually.... but I did complete a couple more of the goals with a few more liveries and likes of other peoples. Not sure if thats a factor?

Finishing 2nd-8th on a consistent basis will absolutely push you up in rank, just slower than wins.

My guess, DR can’t be based on total player number. It’s a currency system. For it to mean something, if the active player base changes, values have to be adjusted. Expect fluctuations every now and then.

I'm definitely getting worse. My interest in the game is waning so I'm putting in less time. I have great faith that PD will improve things but right now I'm kinda spent.

IMO stop looking at stats. DR and SR do not tell you if you are getting better. Your confidence around the track does that. DR and SR are just there to put you into a race with others who are statistically similar racers.

Don't drive the stats, drive the track. You will know when you are improving.

As some have said, it's best to not look at the DR as a levelling system, as not nearly everyone will reach DR.A and DR.S. The DR system is first and foremost to make sure you get matched with players of similar skill level as yourself, and IMO it works quite well.

At my best I was DR.B (SR.S) and about halfway through on to DR.A. However, I seem to be off my game recently and haven't been putting in good results and am now down to DR.C again (still SR.S), around 50% way up to B, so down a whole letter. I don't really mind it as it will provide me with slightly slower competitions and hopefully therefore better results for me, which in turn will raise my DR again. So I'm thinking that this is my skillgroup, juggling C & B.

Of course I'd love to improve myself enough to be a DR.A or even DR.S driver, but with my limited time for gaming I'm quite content at C-B and I really don't expect to be able to cross the boarder from B to A.

So my tip, don't think too much about it. Just race the best you can, study laps from the fastest, work on consistency, and the rest will follow, and in the end you should keep getting matched with fair competition.

The only way up is racing, lots of racing, and every race has to be focused, i usually stay at D, i only climb up to C when i can do many races (many for me) on the same day, on a track i like with the right car. But as i have said before, screw it. I race just as hard for the 18th place as i do for 2nd or 1st. The other day i took the Viper GR3 to Interlagos (maybe i like pain?). I started 18th, and before the 3rd corner i was last, the next 11 laps i battled for the 18th spot with a gentleman that kept it clean all the way, it was awesome, ended at 15th.. i would not be surprised if the guy that won had a boring race :)

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180220192642.png

The only way up is racing, lots of racing, and every race has to be focused, i usually stay at D, i only climb up to C when i can do many races (many for me) on the same day, on a track i like with the right car. But as i have said before, screw it. I race just as hard for the 18th place as i do for 2nd or 1st. The other day i took the Viper GR3 to Interlagos (maybe i like pain?). I started 18th, and before the 3rd corner i was last, the next 11 laps i battled for the 18th spot with a gentleman that kept it clean all the way, it was awesome, ended at 15th.. i would not be surprised if the guy that won had a boring race :)

So much the same for me... About racing being sometimes more intense at the end of the grid, and also about the Gr3 Viper. It's my main Gr3 cause I really love it, but for first time on Interlagos, 2-3 days ago, I asked myself, "whaaat ? It seems it never want to turn, even at low speed ! Why do I keep using this car on such a twisted track ?"... A real pain :D

So much the same for me... About racing being sometimes more intense at the end of the grid, and also about the Gr3 Viper. It's my main Gr3 cause I really love it, but for first time on Interlagos, 2-3 days ago, I asked myself, "whaaat ? It seems it never want to turn, even at low speed ! Why do I keep using this car on such a twisted track ?"... A real pain :D

haha exactly, i really did whatever i could with my limited skill, i just couldn't find the speed needed, it was a 13 lap long fight... it was great :)
The main component in races like this are the other drivers, i really wish there was a way to give those drivers kudos/respect/love/miles for the way they made it awesome by not being idiots :)

I see some of you referring to your DR/SR as a numerical value. Where does one find this information. I just went through GTSport and couldn't find the info anywhere.

I'm B/S rated, been playing for two weeks. I don't know that I'll make A and I certainly won't make S for DR. I'm not saying that because I'm impatient and haven't yet. I'm saying that because I don't think my skill's high enough to make A level. The SR part's pretty easy in my opinion. Just drive clean. But my skill's only going to reach so far and I think B level may be the extent of it. I'm still having fun and the racing's intense. I've won 6 races, got the pole once, had a few more 3rd place finishes but I've had my share of crap finishes because I made too many mistakes or someone ruined my race. Still enjoying it though.

If you think you can be better then you might want to consider planned/guided practice where you have very specific goals to focus on. I always rely on falling back to the basics of driving fast (out in out, apex, not braking late, sticking to braking points, etc.) when I lose my way and continue to make mistakes. Does no good to practice if you're reinforcing bad driving habits. Practice with intent.

Sark

I see some of you referring to your DR/SR as a numerical value. Where does one find this information. I just went through GTSport and couldn't find the info anywhere.

I'm B/S rated, been playing for two weeks. I don't know that I'll make A and I certainly won't make S for DR. I'm not saying that because I'm impatient and haven't yet. I'm saying that because I don't think my skill's high enough to make A level. The SR part's pretty easy in my opinion. Just drive clean. But my skill's only going to reach so far and I think B level may be the extent of it. I'm still having fun and the racing's intense. I've won 6 races, got the pole once, had a few more 3rd place finishes but I've had my share of crap finishes because I made too many mistakes or someone ruined my race. Still enjoying it though.

If you think you can be better then you might want to consider planned/guided practice where you have very specific goals to focus on. I always rely on falling back to the basics of driving fast (out in out, apex, not braking late, sticking to braking points, etc.) when I lose my way and continue to make mistakes. Does no good to practice if you're reinforcing bad driving habits. Practice with intent.

Sark

Enter PSN on here :)
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search

I've definitely been getting worse.

Haven't even turned GTSport on for a few weeks after rage quitting a horrendous GR.3 race at big willow which dropped me into DR-C from a stagnant DR-B....

I'll get the racing mojo back soon I hope

View attachment 716205
Watching others race is like watching paint dry, still... here is some 18 minutes of battling for the 18th spot, sadly the replay stopped before the end of the race because PD still has a limit on the amount of replay you can store in "My Library"

Ohh and the reason for my first corner mess is TCS=0 should have been TCS=3 :)
Thanks to KAWA-Z750-02 for a great race..

Sark
Class: E (1), D (2-3,999), C (4,000-9,999), B (10,000-29,999), A (30,000-49,999) and S (50,000-75,000)A low SR score can limit the DR Class, and even reset the DR score to predefined values (7000 pts if SR dive below 5, 20,000 pts below 15 and 50,000 pts below 30

Back