Is GT Sport Now A Viable Single Player Game?

• Thread starter tbtstt
  • 81 comments
Normally when you think someone has posted erroneous information, you go "I think this information is wrong and this is why I think its wrong".

To just say "oh youre wrong" and not expand on it really doesnt help but hey, that's none of my business.
To be honest, it's not exactly hard to imagine why its wrong. For something that's none of your business, you sure did go on about it didn't you? :lol:

I'm just curious as to where exactly you heard that there would be 18 months worth of DLC? That's a long time for monthly DLC, even for companies that have a track record 10-fold better than PD.

I've found it to be a decent offline game. It gets a little repetitive after the daily workout miles, but there is a decent amount to do, from custom races to just reading the information in Brand Central.

My physical copy finally turned up last night! Left the PS4 on overnight to catch up with all the updates and it was ready to play this morning. Had a five minute look before leaving for work and it seems like there is a lot more in the menus then I remember from the Beta.

Was hoping that the cars and money I had earned from the Beta could be bought across, but I couldn't see anyway of doing that, so looks like I'm starting again from scratch.

My physical copy finally turned up last night! Left the PS4 on overnight to catch up with all the updates and it was ready to play this morning. Had a five minute look before leaving for work and it seems like there is a lot more in the menus then I remember from the Beta.

Was hoping that the cars and money I had earned from the Beta could be bought across, but I couldn't see anyway of doing that, so looks like I'm starting again from scratch.

You can earn a lot of cars (and credits) really easily from doing the Circuit Experience section along with the Mission Challenge section. I held back some of the Circuit Experiences so that I could do a few each day and get my daily mileage reward car at the same time. 👍

You can earn a lot of cars (and credits) really easily from doing the Circuit Experience section along with the Mission Challenge section. I held back some of the Circuit Experiences so that I could do a few each day and get my daily mileage reward car at the same time. 👍
I started doing the circuit experiences last night and, like you say, hit the daily mileage reward really quickly. Managed to accumulate over 500K with just a few events as well, so not long before I have enough to start buying the LMP cars! Based on how many cars the game gives you as prizes though, I will probably hold back on buying for the moment and see what I get as a freebie.

I've always done the License first (and this time was no different).

Circuit Experience is the easiest way to get credits and free cars. Doesn't take very long, most tracks are easy, and you don't need to own any cars to do them.

Would probably do Circuit Experience > License > Mission Challenge > GT League if I did it over again.

There are over 120 races in GT League, which is a half-decent amount.

Like many others have said single player is decent but nothing too wow also keep in mind that GTS has costum.races as well with feature single player grows very much.

Would probably do Circuit Experience > License > Mission Challenge > GT League if I did it over again.
That's pretty much what I have ended up doing! Managed to get a few hours on the game at the weekend. I started with the Circuit Experience then moved between that and the License tests. I have now completed the License tests (all gold) and have done every track in Circuit Experience apart from Suzuka, which I will do tonight. I have managed to get gold on all the circuits so far apart from the full Nurburgring lap: need to find another 5 seconds there!

So far I have about 25 cars and just short of 5 million from doing the above. I have deleted a couple of duplicate gift cars, but otherwise I am keeping everything as I'm sure a lot of them will be useful for GT League.

Hopefully once I have done the Mission Challenges and GT League I will have enough money to Buy all the GT3 and LMP cars I would like (though with a bit of luck I will have won a few of them as gifts).

Just doing Great.2 races at all the real world circuits. AI are quick.
Custom Race, Default car set up, Default laps, Grid Start from 20th, Professional, tyre/fuel 1x, all track conditions set to close to my real world time, no divebombing and racing clean. Tough work. Supremely fun, even though I haven't finished top 15 at the shorter tracks.

Custom Race is actually pretty decent with the boost off. It is a pity that it uses the same grid every time. I can't believe that they didn't even bother to randomize it. I don't understand how they could ruin the career mode with the rubberbanding and the rabbit chase. I understand that GTS focus is on the online, but there is no reason to be so stingy with their single player offer.

Agreed with the message above, it gets a bit annoying doing Gr.3 custom races and having to play catch the rabbit with the two BMW M6's. Most of the other categories in customs are fine except for that one specifically...

My custom race I do for my daily mileage nets me $376,000 and 3600exp. points. Coming in first is easy, getting the clean race bonus is the challenge!!! Try it out.
Arcade, custom race
Track: Fisherman’s Ranch-layout 1 or 2
Car: Alpine A110 1972
Laps: 7 (seven gets me daily mileage)
Interval: 164 feet
Boost: NONE
Slipstream: Real
Grip: Real
Opponent category: N1000 (gives the Viper SRT10 ‘06. Used to be the GTR)
Opponent difficulty: PRO

I do have all the power upgrades to the lil Alpine and an almost default tune. ABS 1, traction control 1.

Like I said above, it is a challenge to be clean and win it. It’s also a lot more fun than grinding BMB.
Cheers

My custom race I do for my daily mileage nets me $376,000 and 3600exp. points. Coming in first is easy, getting the clean race bonus is the challenge!!! Try it out.
Arcade, custom race
Track: Fisherman’s Ranch-layout 1 or 2
Car: Alpine A110 1972
Laps: 7 (seven gets me daily mileage)
Interval: 164 feet
Boost: NONE
Slipstream: Real
Grip: Real
Opponent category: N1000 (gives the Viper SRT10 ‘06. Used to be the GTR)
Opponent difficulty: PRO

I do have all the power upgrades to the lil Alpine and an almost default tune. ABS 1, traction control 1.

Like I said above, it is a challenge to be clean and win it. It’s also a lot more fun than grinding BMB.
Cheers

There's probably a very small amount of people doing this... its actually ok fun however it pivots on whether you can put up with the dirt model. Many can't.

You can always break this up to avoid monotony... eg. I really like Sardenga so that's my go to track.

I do maybe 10 laps of that at 33km total and hopefully clean race it.

Then do the maybe 4/5 laps of Colorado Srpings. I cant stand that Fishermans Bend.

Easiest is with 4wd cars like the Integrale and the AUdi TT.

If I want to relax I do the 340hp N300 EVO4 etc. It gets much harder the lower your class goes (obviously).

I'd obviosuly love to do the Nostalgia 79 but I dont have a car and I'm at 150+ gold trophies and 100% everything else so I'm biding time to the 6th.

There is a decent amount of offline content but the AI are crap; it doesn't compare to the overall quality of daily races. Even with the penalties and other shenanigans.

I only started experimenting with Customs Races at the weekend, and it was pretty good. Several things that I dislike about Campaign Mode are rectified - getting rid of the boost is a major, erm, boost, while standing starts and damage add to the realism of the experience. The amount of Cr. and EXP available seems quite light, but on the other hand, it is not too hard to find a set-up that gives a decent challenge - it seems to come down to picking your spot on the grid sensibly. On Pro difficulty, I cannot start last and win a 12 lap race, but starting nearer the front (e.g. 5th) made it too easy. Ironically, the predictability of the AI makes it a lot easier to figure out how to give yourself a decent race, but it does mean a few goes to figure out what kind of average lap time you need to be hitting in order to have a chance of winning.

I haven't ventured into Sport mode, mainly because I don't like it (waiting on races to start, lag, idiot opponents etc.), and now I don't have PS Plus anyway, so it's not an option for me now anyway. I want to concentrate on making Cr. and buying cars, but Campaign Mode is fairly limited - Custom Races offer a way to do what I prefer doing, i.e. playing offline, while also offering a way to make Cr. without grinding the same races over and over again.

Interesting to read the comments about custom race; thus far I have only been doing the Campaign races. I have almost finished all of those now, so I will definitely give custom race a look next.

I only started experimenting with Customs Races at the weekend, and it was pretty good. Several things that I dislike about Campaign Mode are rectified - getting rid of the boost is a major, erm, boost, while standing starts and damage add to the realism of the experience. The amount of Cr. and EXP available seems quite light, but on the other hand, it is not too hard to find a set-up that gives a decent challenge - it seems to come down to picking your spot on the grid sensibly. On Pro difficulty, I cannot start last and win a 12 lap race, but starting nearer the front (e.g. 5th) made it too easy. Ironically, the predictability of the AI makes it a lot easier to figure out how to give yourself a decent race, but it does mean a few goes to figure out what kind of average lap time you need to be hitting in order to have a chance of winning.

I haven't ventured into Sport mode, mainly because I don't like it (waiting on races to start, lag, idiot opponents etc.), and now I don't have PS Plus anyway, so it's not an option for me now anyway. I want to concentrate on making Cr. and buying cars, but Campaign Mode is fairly limited - Custom Races offer a way to do what I prefer doing, i.e. playing offline, while also offering a way to make Cr. without grinding the same races over and over again.
Especially with more real world circuits. I'm mainly using Gr4 and Gr3 at those circuits only. Like a real Blanpain&GT4 Championships.

Like many others have said single player is decent but nothing too wow also keep in mind that GTS has costum.races as well with feature single player grows very much.

After become somehow addicted to the Best Motoring and Hot Version, i started to take the custom races more seriously. Still miss some extra settings to make it even more able to simulate the races, but its better than nothing.

Making a trackday race on Tsukuba using n200 cars, sport hard tires, 20 laps with a stopped lauch to make everyone launch together and stay on the pack is a real blast.

After become somehow addicted to the Best Motoring and Hot Version, i started to take the custom races more seriously. Still miss some extra settings to make it even more able to simulate the races, but its better than nothing.

Making a trackday race on Tsukuba using n200 cars, sport hard tires, 20 laps with a stopped lauch to make everyone launch together and stay on the pack is a real blast.
YES! Grid start makes ll the difference.

Back