Is GT Sport the future of Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 95 comments
We do not know how PD will handle this game when it goes EOL.

The will most likely do the right thing and obviously make Sport mode not work but I feel like they will put in the complete GT league and all that stuff so your game runs 100% off your hdd. I sort of feel like they have to ironically because they put MTX in this game so they will allow payers to run their $2.95 cars on the tracks and earn money and points once the servers turn off.

The reality is PD will drop a title dead like it doesnt matter just like they did with GT5/6 and that's probably what they will do here.

However I feel like if I get 2 yrs out of this thing then I've enjoyed my time and that's all I can expect.

As it stands now, GT Sport is a GaaS game... you have no internet, you have no game.

The game works right now at the pleasure of Sony.

Be that as it may I'm sort of a fan of how PD does this kind of 'episodic gaming'... we enjoy each month as it passes with that new content but it becomes very old very soon.

Like right now I'm in a dead zone running either F1500 races trying to like "git gud" and grinding rally races.

You're up against people who don't have jobs or responsibilities and have time to master every little aspect.

Not at my level you're not ;)

But seriously, I feel this way about most online games but not GTS. This is the first time I have been racing real people outside of arcades in the 90's. I suddenly realised how in every racing game I expected to win every race, usually first time until nearer the end. And I realised how boring that was. It's not about winning, it's about enjoying racing near other unpredictable, mistake prone, real people. You can put people under pressure keeping on their tail until they make a mistake.

In games like shooters or GTA online etc I get you, some basement dwelling no life or gifted youngster comes along and shoots you from an impossible angle and you can't get them or even finish a mission so it becomes a waste of time. But GT is the most fun I have had racing in any game.

Pro tip: Half of PS4 owners don't even have a PS+ subscription. Straight away, an appreciable amount of GT Sport acquirers can't play one online race.

Get this. Something like only 25% of GTAV owners have completed the single player campaign. And that's the #1 selling media item of all time, plus, it doesn't require a PS+ subscription to play.

The majority of video games are purchased, played minimally, and shelved. The devoted players will always be the minority. Stats like these are to be taken with a grain of salt.
Funny you say that because I don't have a PS Plus subscription, yet I'm able to play Sport Mode.

Pro tip: Half of PS4 owners don't even have a PS+ subscription. Straight away, an appreciable amount of GT Sport acquirers can't play one online race.

Get this. Something like only 25% of GTAV owners have completed the single player campaign. And that's the #1 selling media item of all time, plus, it doesn't require a PS+ subscription to play.

The majority of video games are purchased, played minimally, and shelved. The devoted players will always be the minority. Stats like these are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Pro Tip: Half of PS4 owners having no PS+ subscription is a meaningless stat. What percentage of GTS purchasers have it is.

I would hesitate a guess, but I'd say that most of the half of PS4 users with no PS+ are very young kids, whose parents don't want them getting on the Internet, or interacting with people outside their age limit. But that's not a significant share of GTS players.

Not to mention, how can Kudosprime track game stats of a game that needs PS+ to connect to the Internet?

Let's be real... GTS is not a game that would even attract a five year old when far more age appropriate arcade racers exist. I would make an estimate that MOST GTS players have a PS+ account.

Funny you say that because I don't have a PS Plus subscription, yet I'm able to play Sport Mode.

If someone in a PS4 owning household is a PlayStation Plus member, everyone in the house can access online multiplayer. And in case you're curious, if you have a PS Plus membership on the PS3, it'll still be valid on the PS4.

That probably explains that... Anyone else in your family play the PS4?

If someone in a PS4 owning household is a PlayStation Plus member, everyone in the house can access online multiplayer. And in case you're curious, if you have a PS Plus membership on the PS3, it'll still be valid on the PS4.

That probably explains that... Anyone else in your family play the PS4?
It's just my brother.

This is my prediction,

GT Sport will be ported to PS5, maybe it will be even one of the launch titles. But it will be very upgradet version of that what we have just now, i mean not only graphics, because it's obvious that the graphics will be on next level gen, but I mean also the number of cars and tracks. About two years ago Kaz said, that we will become eventually 400 to 500 cars in GT Sport, we have already 271 (with current update). I think the final amount of cars on PS4-Version depends of when the PS5 will launch. There are some predictions that PS5 will launch somewhere in 2020. We got monthly about 9 cars, that gives 100 a year.

Another thing is, that we become now almost every new car polished and ported from GT6. I can't believe that polyphony is updating only old gt6 cars, I am sure that they are creating meanwhile monthly about 10 fully new cars for PS5 version. That would give us at the launch of PS5 ver. GT Sport about 600-700 cars, old ones and new ones.

The same is with tracks. I was thinking why would Polyphony instead of beloved tracks give us only new ones to the franchise? I'm sure now why. If they would give us now tracks like Laguna, SPA, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Midfield Raceway, Grand Valley etc. we would not play to much on tracks like Dragon, Kioto, st. croix, tokio expressway etc. Polyphony for sure has already developed or is still developing super new versions of beloved tracks for PS5 ver. Kaz knows, that we already love and need old iconic tracks, but we need to love also the new presented ones. Personally, I have already forgotten about a lot of GT2, GT4 and GT6 tracks, because they were always dominated by Nurburgring and others. This method works by me, I already like Catalunya, although I was very opposite to this track and many others that we became in GT Sport.

All that is for one reason, Polyphony need to show us advantages of having PS5 version after launch, because they need to have a reason to have once again our 60-70 $. So we will become huge beautiful next gen game with old known content and a lot of new/fresh/beloved content.

Something similar happend with GTA 5, we've got the same old game, with enhanced graphics and first person mode, bigger online lobbys etc.

Back