Is GT4 ruining your life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ash6660
  • 93 comments
  • 5,911 views
Messages
306
Well, is GT4 ruining anyones lives?

It certainly is mine, and it hasn't even come out in the UK yet. My Dad is now obsessed with the Nurburgring, and my Form Tutor is now going to the real Nurburgring to drive an Ariel Atom around it, just to see what it is like.

Yes, I am obsessed with GT4, but he keeps mentioning it all the time, regarding us two as mates.

Plus, I mentioned GT4 infront of a girl a little while ago.

We now aren't talking...I was so close, but one mention of GT4 ruined my chances

GT4 IS RUINING MY LIFE, HOW ABOUT YOU LOT?
 
ash6660
Well, is GT4 ruining anyones lives?

It certainly is mine, and it hasn't even come out in the UK yet. My Dad is now obsessed with the Nurburgring, and my Form Tutor is now going to the real Nurburgring to drive an Ariel Atom around it, just to see what it is like.

Yes, I am obsessed with GT4, but he keeps mentioning it all the time, regarding us two as mates.

Plus, I mentioned GT4 infront of a girl a little while ago.

We now aren't talking...I was so close, but one mention of GT4 ruined my chances

GT4 IS RUINING MY LIFE, HOW ABOUT YOU LOT?

r u serious :ouch:
 
yeah.. im almost as pitifull. I was talking to a very attractive young lady i havent talked to in a while, and i kept wanting to mention gt4 when i was talking to her.. She was asking me what i've been up to.. Saying i bought a HDTV and steering wheel for gt4 doesnt sound right... so i mentioned school and stuff, then just let her talk about herself 👍
 
Waiting for GT4 is NOT currently ruining my life, but it is stressing my life out! LOL!
With having to wait just about two more weeks for it to be released here in the states, it's all that I can think about right now! ;-)

Thank goodness the G/F is understanding of my obsession for GT4 otherwise I might be single right now! :dopey:
 
Gabkicks
yeah.. im almost as pitifull. I was talking to a very attractive young lady i havent talked to in a while, and i kept wanting to mention gt4 when i was talking to her.. She was asking me what i've been up to.. Saying i bought a HDTV and steering wheel for gt4 doesnt sound right... so i mentioned school and stuff, then just let her talk about herself 👍


I have a fiancee, but I have already learned to NEVER mention video games of any kind to a woman. Your best bet is to just shut up and say "uh huh" or "oh really?" once in a while. It serves the dual purpose of not pissing them off and not having to pay attention to their incessant rambling.
 
Minnesota0R16, every post by you makes me laugh...like the turbo illustration:D
 
I may actually not buy GT4 when it comes out because I know it WOULD ruin my life, or at least make me spend all my free time playing it, when I should be spending it with freinds and stuff. I'm still deciding what to do but right now it's looking like I probably won't be buying it, so I guess it's a good thing it got delayed a whole bunch. :P
 
As an old saying goes, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all." Well, GT4 isn't ruining my life. My schoolwork is. See a psychologist if GT4 takes over your life so badly that you can't function correctly, act normal, sit down straight, or anything like that.
 
Morlow
I may actually not buy GT4 when it comes out because I know it WOULD ruin my life, or at least make me spend all my free time playing it, when I should be spending it with freinds and stuff. I'm still deciding what to do but right now it's looking like I probably won't be buying it, so I guess it's a good thing it got delayed a whole bunch. :P

:odd: :eek: :confused: :boggled:
 
GT4 is not ruining my life, but your sig is.
 
Or you could just find a girl who plays gt4.................

I almost died...............I was playing gt3 and my girlfriend (whom I had been seeing for about 6 months) surprised me at my apt. Needless to say she saw my steering wheel setup (rather simple, yet effective) and walked right over to it and proceeded to drift my RX-7 around Midfield Raceway. Damn girl drives better than I do in the game!

We've been dating for a lot longer now and will be buying a house soon. Hehe, she's a keeper!
 
those are rare man.. i dont know any girls near me that actually like any games, except DDR and the sims. which p pwn at.. Holic is awsome....uh.. yeah. its 4 am and i cant sleep :scared:
 
Gabkicks
those are rare man.. i dont know any girls near me that actually like any games, except DDR and the sims. which p pwn at.. Holic is awsome....uh.. yeah. its 4 am and i cant sleep :scared:

that's some funny stuff right there - my fiancee likes DDR, The Sims, and those crane games where you try to get the claw to grab you a stuffed animal or whatever. Also, as a general rule girls lack the aggression to race cars - saw a neat program on 5th gear about it.


Back on topic: GT4 isn't ruining my life yet (I don't have it), but the computer virus my fiancee downloaded on my laptop I need for school tomorrow is.
 
wut about that nascar chick? or was it IRL or uh.. cart a few years ago? what happened to her? she was like a rookie that was doing well for a while, but i stopped keeping up with those.
 
I foresee potential damage to my social life.


"Hey man we got a bunch of girls and too much beer to drink, get over here!"

"Is there GT4?"

"No Brock, there is no Grand Torismo."

".....you guys suck."
 
Minnesota01R6
that's some funny stuff right there - my fiancee likes DDR, The Sims, and those crane games where you try to get the claw to grab you a stuffed animal or whatever. Also, as a general rule girls lack the aggression to race cars - saw a neat program on 5th gear about it.


Back on topic: GT4 isn't ruining my life yet (I don't have it), but the computer virus my fiancee downloaded on my laptop I need for school tomorrow is.
5th gear? do you get our (UK) 5th gear or is it an American show?
BTW, your previous post :lol:
 
Minnesota01R6
Your best bet is to just shut up and say "uh huh" or "oh really?" once in a while.

You got that from San Andreas right?
 
Gabkicks
wut about that nascar chick? or was it IRL or uh.. cart a few years ago? what happened to her? she was like a rookie that was doing well for a while, but i stopped keeping up with those.

Yeah, I know who you are talking about - I think it was IRL - She was slow as hell and started close to or on the back row for the indy 500 if my memory serves me. She crashed out or retired or something.

EDIT - I remember hearing the commentators say something about she was only going to race in the indy 500 and not the rest of the season, but I'm not really sure.
 
Her name is Danika Patrick. And she's pretty much the hottest thing to hit racing (other than race girls) since the radiator. lmao.
There is another. Actually, this one WAS a race girl and now she races.
Her name is Keiko Ihara, but she does the Japanese F1 racing.
 
S31Ender
Or you could just find a girl who plays gt4.................

I almost died...............I was playing gt3 and my girlfriend (whom I had been seeing for about 6 months) surprised me at my apt. Needless to say she saw my steering wheel setup (rather simple, yet effective) and walked right over to it and proceeded to drift my RX-7 around Midfield Raceway. Damn girl drives better than I do in the game!

We've been dating for a lot longer now and will be buying a house soon. Hehe, she's a keeper!

That sorta reminds me of a commercial I saw today (Frito Lay Commercial during the Super Bowl) that goes something like this:

1. Wedding party (Groom & all his friends) is hiding out in a closet watching a football game.
2. Bride walks in unannounced & asks "What's going on!"
3. Groom says 'we're watching the football game!'
4. Bride says "How's our defense doing?"
5. Friend of groom says to groom: "Damn you're lucky!" 👍

So, yeah! Any time you can find a girl/woman who will accept your love for video games and/or sports & actually wants to participate along with you...is definitely a keeper! :)
 
Minnesota01R6
Your best bet is to just shut up and say "uh huh" or "oh really?" once in a while!
.
.
.
.
vexd
You got that from San Andreas right?[/i]
.
.
.
Not sure about Minnesota01R6 but I've been using those two words a lot longer then GTA:SA has been out..and they do work quite well from both previous & current experience! :-) :dopey:
 
Keep playing with GTA3 San Andreas, reach the 100%, then take MGS2 Sons of Liberty, maybe Silent Hill 2, or a random Final Fantasy.... the world of videogame is a multicolour sky, it's not only Gran turismo 4... and if you don't like nothing except GT4, find a girl, maybe take a dinner with her, maybe after it's more funny than playing GT4... :cheers:

P.S.: Oh, if you see a strange friend, a bad dark rabbit, then a circular dark cloud on your home, don't worry about it, it's only the end of the world, your universe is collapsing into another parallel... :scared:
 
cerbman1
5th gear? do you get our (UK) 5th gear or is it an American show?
BTW, your previous post :lol:

We get the UK version of 5th Gear & also Top Gear here in Australia here as well. Ya gotta love The Stig and his lack of musical taste :bowdown: . There is something unsettling about taking the latest supercar through the Chicago complex on the top gear track listening to Wham. :crazy:
 
http://www.godspeedonwheels.com/

Just an example, didn't take me long to find one.
In the southeast US there are many, many women who race. Only a few ever make it big enough to be recognized. There was one girl who lived in Belton,SC who was drag racing motorcycles with the big boys a few years back.
Lynn St. James ran the Indy 500 and has held a few speed records.

Then there's this one: http://www.shawnarobinson.com/bio.html

Check out her track record, it impressed me. I watched a lot of the Busch series her rookie year. Like most rookies, some tracks she drove very well and some tracks you could tell she was learning. Yes, she caused her share of accidents and some of the guys said she shouldn't be there, but from where I sat there were quite a few of those guys that had caused their own share of accidents and she deserved to be right there with them, which she proved.
I've known lots of women who play video games, racing included. Find an online Quake site and see how long it takes for one of the girls to take you out. Sex has nothing to do with how good you are at something, it's how much desire and heart you have to do well at it.

Now for the on-topic part. No, GT4 isn't ruining my life. No game will ever ruin my life. Random topic? Didn't think so myself, thought it was a pretty clear topic.

Neither one bothers me, to each his own, but I question why 2 lines of smileys is worse than 6 lines of type in a large multi-colored font.
 
I don't think it will ruin my life. I can easily become addicted to it. Maybe it will also ruin my grades for this year, better to try concentrate on school :scared:
 
I would love to have my life ruined by GT4....... unfortunately I don't have that privilege because THE GAME ISNT OUT HERE YET! :mad:
 
robin2223
I would love to have my life ruined by GT4....... unfortunately I don't have that privilege because THE GAME ISNT OUT HERE YET! :mad:
I'm with you pal!
 
Back