Is GT4 ruining your life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ash6660
  • 93 comments
  • 5,911 views
GT4 isn't ruining my life because I don't have a life anymore.... and it's AWESOME!
 
[/restraint]

Question:

How can one honestly let a video game ruin their life? Forget about that dude that died about 5 years back because of 'playing Everquest excessively' - all the man ate was fried chicken and other fatty/high cholesterol foods for like a year straight - he died of a heart attack, IIRC.

IMO if GT4, or any video game for that matter, ruined your life, you never had one in the first place .. the video game doesn't ruin your life, you do.

[restraint]
 
Havent got it yet b/c it coems out on the 22nd in the USA and I already know it's gonna ruin my life right when I get it.
 
It won't 'ruin' your life, you just became addicted, that's it 💡
 
S31Ender
Her name is Danika Patrick. And she's pretty much the hottest thing to hit racing (other than race girls) since the radiator. lmao.
There is another. Actually, this one WAS a race girl and now she races.
Her name is Keiko Ihara, but she does the Japanese F1 racing.
I don't believe that Danika has races IRL (yet). He may be refering to Sarah Fisher Sarah's bio who has ran IRL the past several seasons and just recently signed on with Childress Motorsports and will be competing in the Western Busch series this coming year.
 
GT4 being "delayed" this long is stressing me out, but not ruining my life. I do find myself talking about it a lot to various people. Telling them that I have this racing game for the PS2 that simulates real life car phyics, 900 degree wheel, drifting, blah blah blah and how I keep waiting for it to be released. That is stressing me out. Sometimes I act crazy on purpose for fun around my fiancee acting like I'm going really crazy because I want to play this damn game and I rant to her saying...."ahhhhh I want GT4 ....I want it now...damn PD, why , why soooooo long, just give us the damn game". lol
 
S31Ender
Her name is Danika Patrick. And she's pretty much the hottest thing to hit racing (other than race girls) since the radiator. lmao.
There is another. Actually, this one WAS a race girl and now she races.
Her name is Keiko Ihara, but she does the Japanese F1 racing.

Have you heard about Michelle Mouton, former Audi S1 Quattro driver?
I think she was the first woman ever to win a rally in the FIA WRC
 
She also smoked the field at the Pikes Peak hillclimb in the 80's
 
GT4 will not ruin my life, rather making it better. Probarly ruin my grades thougth.

My fiancee is also into videogames, but not so much about GT4. It is a bit technical for her taste, but she likes simpler games like Burnout. Her favorite game is Heroes of Might and Magic 3. But at least she understands what it is all about.

She will pick my copy of the game for me, because I has to work the 9. mars when it is release. Already planned important things like that. :)
 
Gt4 IS ruining my life for months! I can´t live without this game. I wake up every mornig looking for some fresh news and new pictures.

My girlfrind understands me a lot, she don´t play games but she knows that this game is the most important thing to me right now, even more important then her itself. hehehehe

This is what a nice gf must be.
 
It isnt out for over a month...but I don't need to worry, as my life is already ..ruined.

I'm unemployed, and I don't start college 'till September. I have alot of money left over from my last job, but I choose not to spend much because the more I spend the more I get pressured into a job.

But still, every day I go to bed around 2am, and then stupidly set my alarm the next morning for around 10 so my dad doesn't get annoyed at me..Yawn.

For example, today I got out of bed at 9.45, stuck a dvd on (Dodgeball I think), got a bowl of shreddied wheat fruities and a glass of nesquick choco milk. Once that was over I was on GT3...till about Tea time, meaning around 6pm.

Because of my stupidly bad life at the moment, I'm detirmined to fix my life before the release of GT4, so I have a good excuse to come home from my future job ( :sick: ) and play GT4 for ages. Whoopee.

-Marshy 👍
 
MarshyTVR2
It isnt out for over a month...but I don't need to worry, as my life is already ..ruined.

I'm unemployed, and I don't start college 'till September. I have alot of money left over from my last job, but I choose not to spend much because the more I spend the more I get pressured into a job.

But still, every day I go to bed around 2am, and then stupidly set my alarm the next morning for around 10 so my dad doesn't get annoyed at me..Yawn.

For example, today I got out of bed at 9.45, stuck a dvd on (Dodgeball I think), got a bowl of shreddied wheat fruities and a glass of nesquick choco milk. Once that was over I was on GT3...till about Tea time, meaning around 6pm.

Because of my stupidly bad life at the moment, I'm detirmined to fix my life before the release of GT4, so I have a good excuse to come home from my future job ( :sick: ) and play GT4 for ages. Whoopee.

-Marshy 👍

lol, same here, although I dont play GT3 and just sit around bored ****less :nervous: :lol:
 
Hmm ur girlfriend hates u for even mentioning Gt-4? Thats a bit of an over reaction, when I said to mine that I was gonna get it she just sighed lol
 
na, the hype died down, use to play it till like 3-4, now its not really THAT amazing :) :dopey:
 
Nope, I only think about GT4 when I'm on GTPlanet, other than that I forget about it. :scared:
 
hauff
I can´t live without this game..
Wouldn't you be dead in that case?

Sheesh .. talk about a Necroposting. :lol:.
 
Since the time GT4 went Gold, I think some people felt cheated about GT4. Now, I'm speaking from the perspective of people who felt like they were really looking forward to GT4, all to not get everything they want. To me, the ones who wanted much more out of GT4 (for example: multiplay beyond LAN, body kits, damage, bigtime Euro exotics etc.) are going to be the ones who'll be at the worst end of this deal. A lot of times, I don't really ask for too much out of games. Whatever a game's description says on the back cover of the box and what the captions tell about what you're looking at should match or at least come close. WYSIWYG, folks. Or for the rest of us, "What You See Is What You Get." But then, such a game has to have much more beyond the description. So if a game promises something like 14 cars to a track and online play for you and 13 other chumps, then damn it to hell, it better deliver. But let's say there's only 8 to a track and if you're lucky, maybe 3 people online to see if your bark is as big as your bite.

I don't ask much for a racing game, and I'm not complaining with GT4. I think I'm willing to accept it for what it has and what it doesn't. I'm not the prototypical racing game fan. I have my likes and dislikes, and I cannot unconditionally love every racing game I've ever played. Likewise, I can't unconditionally love Gran Turismo 4 because there will be things I'm not going to like. If not right away, then somewhere down the road. You know, something relevant to the game. But I never let a game ruin my life in any such way. A game is a game is a game. Can you dig that? So take it easy if it's "ruining" your life.
 
s2000lover
na, the hype died down, use to play it till like 3-4, now its not really THAT amazing :) :dopey:

Please elaborate.
 
How can GT4 ruin your life when your life right now consists or panting over the impending release of GT4?

p.s. I had to work hard to convince my girlfriend that I needed to purchase a ps2 and GT4. I just moved to Japan to be with her and train in some martial arts type stuff and she couldn't comprehend why I felt I wanted it so badly. So I got it and it was worth it! (sorry babe, you know i love you, but I also love cars and in all fairness cars were here first)
 
hauff
My girlfrind understands me a lot, she don´t play games but she knows that this game is the most important thing to me right now, even more important then her itself. hehehehe
You can't even accept your G/f as a person. "Herself" is a better word there dude. If I had a g/f I wouldn't give a **** about GT4. I don't know if you guys actually are serious or not. Some of you could be serious. I find that quite sad.
 
How many of us will probably be alive by then, even if in retirement homes?
 
Not ruining my life, no. I'm cool about it as I have a whole list of things to keep me occupied until the (eventual) release date, and eve then I might not buy a PS2.
 
no, it was not ruining my life, as i have a very understanding wife. for about a month, it consumed all my free time, getting up early to play before work, going right back to it after work. all day on days off, etc. after i beat the last race in the professional hall, i was able to relax, and get back to normal. i now only play a few times a week, usually about an hour at a time.
 
Back