Is GT6 already completed? (title edited)

• Thread starter ccjcc81
  • 155 comments
Its PD, of course it isnt done, Sony need to release the PS4 then chase PD around a bit first, then get angry at why it isnt done, then kiss and make up then chase em around a bit more, then a year later GT6 will be released. This is the accepted model for GT release schedules.

P.S. The held back feeling of GT5 is the PS3's lack of memory, GT6 is being built on the same engine as GT5 so obviously they have a head start but PD work to thier own schedule and for anyone to think its ready to roll they cannot be basing thier opinons on PD's previous form.

Last edited:
This thread is me researching. Thanks for the info.

I don't understand why people don't research. I remember interviews with kaz saying that he made a whole base for gran turismo and that the ps3 wasn't up to spec of what was designed. So yes, we already know gt5 was scaled down. As of GT6 already being completed? I don't think so. Though it irritates me when people say GT6 will be out on the ps3... Thats just stupid. As I said several times in other topics, we have the power to download updates. Why would a new game be necessary when GT5 is really all that the PS3 can give. I think GT6 might be a launch title for the next playstation console or it will be released the same year as the console would.

Though it irritates me when people say GT6 will be out on the ps3... Thats just stupid. As I said several times in other topics, we have the power to download updates. Why would a new game be necessary when GT5 is really all that the PS3 can give. I think GT6 might be a launch title for the next playstation console or it will be released the same year as the console would.
"They could just patch it" is a non-argument, not the least of which being because we've had 7 years of this generation for the "no sequel just DLC + patches" mentality to take hold and there is still no sign of that happening. Though there are certainly far more reasons why that is silly, that's the one that springs to mind first.

And there is nothing that we know about that says GT5 pushed the PS3 to all it can be.

Last edited:
How can GT6 be completed, when GT5 isnt yet. I mean sure, the content is there. Cars, tracks, events and stuff. But the biggest mistake they made was to have such a wide range of different quality levels. Tracks dont have a common standard, neither have cars. Some standards look like premiums, some look like PS2 imports and some Premiums arent really that good looking. The same can be said about the tracks, environments, graphics and nearly every component of the game. It just doesnt fit together and complete picture of GT5 is shattered.

Some visual aspects of the game look like next generation graphics, but for the most part I hope that they improve things alot for the ps4 and gt6. I dont see them releasing GT6 on the ps3 either.

The problem I see with the GT-series is that they start to lose creativity and self-confidence. They can be perfectionists and they also can use their 4-5 year cycle for development, but then we want something polished and a proper GT. The competition is not sleeping. Forza 5 on the next xbox might bring some heavy graphic upgrades and other goodies. If PD keeps on working in their office still not acknowledging whats going on out there in the racing world, they might lose many many fans.

Lets hope that GT5 was just like a Winodows Vista and they might get their act together for GT6. But if not...

mistersafeway
I still think GT6 will be a PS3 game, they built a whole new engine, why would they waste it?

A engine can be used with current and Next Gen.
Star Wars 1313 use the Unreal Engine 3 and is a game for High End PC.

Many developer said they created their engine for the future. I think PD did the same.

I don't understand why people don't research. I remember interviews with kaz saying that he made a whole base for gran turismo and that the ps3 wasn't up to spec of what was designed. So yes, we already know gt5 was scaled down. As of GT6 already being completed? I don't think so. Though it irritates me when people say GT6 will be out on the ps3... Thats just stupid. As I said several times in other topics, we have the power to download updates. Why would a new game be necessary when GT5 is really all that the PS3 can give. I think GT6 might be a launch title for the next playstation console or it will be released the same year as the console would.

Because, as I've said time and time again, there is so much they can do with a PS3 game that has nothing to do with performance, mainly content. But also things like weather and time on all tracks, lots more old GT tracks and some more new tracks. They can completely overhaul the A Spec and online structure and UI. The biggest problems with GT5 had nothing to do with PS3 power.

Content is not the problem, PD can just keep adding content to GT5 without making GT6, they only make GT6 when GT5 (PS3) is incapable of providing the content.

If gt6 was completed the ps4 would also be completed. And if the ps4 was Sony would release it so, no it isn't finished.

Content is not the problem, PD can just keep adding content to GT5 without making GT6, they only make GT6 when GT5 (PS3) is incapable of providing the content.

So why aren't they then? Why have they only added a paltry amount of content as DLC so far? They have also not touched A-Spec at all, which is what you would buy a new game for. Plus as Amar pointed out DLC doesn't make you as much money as a new disc.

Ps4 has not even been announced by Sony yet so I'd say it's at least 2 year before we even get a release date so I recon gt6 will be a ps3 title

Gotta mention this, if people have forgotten already. Can anyone possible imagine how much data PD has gathered over the years while they have been creating the franchise we know as Gran Turismo ?

I bet they have every single Car, Racing Modification, Rim & Track etc stored somewhere in their own hardware they are using.

So the question is, could they possible use the data they already have to expand the GT, just like they did with previous titles ?

And a funny question, how come a GT2 or GT4 isnt "finished" ? I see both titles a way more complete than GT1 or GT3 ever was.

I am pretty sure that PD already have covered the mechanics of the next gen, as I dont believe next gen will still be able to run on "Native 2160P"

think about the current Monitors / Televisions, how many would buy a new TV just for the "better" definition to play some games with next gen ?

Ps4 has not even been announced by Sony yet so I'd say it's at least 2 year before we even get a release date so I recon gt6 will be a ps3 title

Sony and Microsoft dont announce any new console 2 years before release, not even one year before it. Nintendo suffered from it, because they did. Okay, they also had already problems with the Wii. They wont tell you in advance that the new console comes next year, because you wont buy their current console for christmas then.

The only reason the PS4 wouldnt come out next year would be a splitted release like christmas 2013 for japan and early 2014 for the rest of the world. Would be more than horrible.

You hear it everywhere that the new console get released next year. But there arent official statements for the reasons I mentioned before. The market has changed dramatically now and rules have been changed.

Sony and Microsoft dont announce any new console 2 years before release, not even one year before it.

PS3 was announced May 2005, released November 2006.
PS2 was announced March 1999, released March 2000.

Gravitron is watching... he might lock...
Gravitron is a normal Mod. He can only lock threads in the Online events section. Anyway, GT6 isn't finished in my opinion because it took them so long to get GT5 out which is an unfinished game so do you really think that GT6 will be finished within 2 years of GT5 coming out.

By the way, the GT5 release date was delayed by over a year because they hadn't finished it. They still hadn't finished it by November 2010 but they had to release it to keep the fans happy.

PS3 was announced May 2005, released November 2006.
PS2 was announced March 1999, released March 2000.

Yes, thats true for the past. I should have wrote "anymore". I tell you, that they will release them next year. There is not much space for another date. Originally they should have been released this year, but MS and Sony waited it out. Now the Publishers are quite angry, because they struggle with sales.

As I said before, the market has changed. And especially Sony shot in their own foot, when they showed those CGI-Trailers as Gameplay at the E3 a year before release. These had hurt them really bad.

Next year will be a big year. XBOX 8 with Forza 5 and PS4 with GT6, maybe. A good year for racing fans. Oh god, this will start a war between the GT and FM fans that hasnt been seen before. :sly:

Yes, thats true for the past. I should have wrote "anymore".

Based on what data? The PS Vita? That's a handheld whilst the PS3 and PS2 are the last two major consoles. So what data do you have that Sony don't do that anymore?

I tell you, that they will release them next year. There is not much space for another date.

What do you mean not much space?

Originally they should have been released this year, but MS and Sony waited it out. Now the Publishers are quite angry, because they struggle with sales.

What do you mean by that should have released this year? What you think or what was actually planned originally? Citation?

Next year will be a big year. XBOX 8 with Forza 5 and PS4 with GT6, maybe. A good year for racing fans. Oh god, this will start a war between the GT and FM fans that hasnt been seen before. :sly:

I've no doubt the next gen consoles will be announced next year but i'll be surprised if they're both released next year. I am certainly sure we won't see a PS4 GT6 next year, no chance.

My statements are purely from my view of the market and about what the developers tell us. I dont have the facts, when and where they get released, but another timeframe than my expectation would be unrealistic. They cant miss the christmas sales next year, there is no question about it.

The mobile and tablet market is hurting the consoles. People want to play games for free or for 0.99 cents. Thanks god there are enough people who still enjoy consoles. MS and Sony have to act faster and cant lose momentum with a preview a year before.

Just look at MS how they announced their own tablets just some months before their release (Surface). How they revealed the xbox 360 slim, which you could buy a week later anywhere in the world. MS is definetly up for it. Sony has to follow. They also struggle in other business areas and the gaming are is one of a very few that really working for them.

The next generation will show, if the console market has a future as a whole.

With "space" I meant time frame. My English is not the best, so I have to appologize for some mistakes.

All this talk about PS4 and Xbox 8 and 720 you know I still haven't enjoyed half the games like I did on PS2.

That's one main reason I'm not ready for either one to come out yet at all. I think more people feel the same way.

I won't be buying a next gen console until they show that they're making use of their power for more than just graphics.

So you wouldn't want to see GT5 in super rich detail textures and effects and in native 1920x1080 at 60fps, with super smooth clean lines, in smoke and rain etc and with more cars on track. Same applies for other games like Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto.
Even without any imagination or effort just making them more graphics intensive will be amazing. Of course I hope for more than that too.

So you wouldn't want to see GT5 in super rich detail textures and effects and in native 1920x1080 at 60fps, with super smooth clean lines, in smoke and rain etc and with more cars on track. Same applies for other games like Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto.
Even without any imagination or effort just making them more graphics intensive will be amazing. Of course I hope for more than that too.

That's all nice but it's not the most important to me. More cars on track is something more important and that's not a graphical thing, per se. What I want to see is advances in AI, physics, animation etc. There are plenty of games I enjoy which look awful compared to current games. Graphics isn't everything.

That's all nice but it's not the most important to me. More cars on track is something more important and that's not a graphical thing, per se. What I want to see is advances in AI, physics, animation etc. There are plenty of games I enjoy which look awful compared to current games. Graphics isn't everything.

Gotta respect you about that, Simon, wish others would see the games like that, graphics wont do games, but the actual gameplay.

Gotta admit that I just love the games that were published in early 90's, and still playing these with pure joy.

Two of my favourite three games of all time are Super Metroid and Suikoden II. Both of them are very poor graphically compared to today but I love them for their gameplay and/or story. The modern Metroid games might be all 3D with flashy graphics but the gameplay is very generic and boring, nothing like Super Metroid.

To be more on topic, except some of the commonly mentioned shadow problems and part of the cars being last gen I have no problem with the GT5 graphics. If they could bring everything up to the same quality as the best premium cars and tracks that'd be fine for me, I don't need anything more. What I need is a much, much better game built around them.

Thank you I think more people need to hear this statement.

i personally think GT6 will come as a finished game for PS4 in 2014 or later. GT5 is the platform for GT6. They Probably will add alot more functions and tracks. and hopefully all cars will be premium!

Sounds logical.

Sony and Microsoft dont announce any new console 2 years before release, not even one year before it. Nintendo suffered from it, because they did. Okay, they also had already problems with the Wii. They wont tell you in advance that the new console comes next year, because you wont buy their current console for christmas then.

The only reason the PS4 wouldnt come out next year would be a splitted release like christmas 2013 for japan and early 2014 for the rest of the world. Would be more than horrible.

You hear it everywhere that the new console get released next year. But there arent official statements for the reasons I mentioned before. The market has changed dramatically now and rules have been changed.

Back