Is GT6 already completed? (title edited)

• Thread starter ccjcc81
  • 155 comments
If 5 years of development only allowed for 200 premiums to be created, I highly doubt they were able to finish up the other 800 by now. On top of that include new tracks, new features and whatever else.

To me, GT6 needs to be re-invisioned, it cannot use the same formula GT5 used. It needs to involve the player more with deeper events, new ideas need to be implemented or else all it will be is GT5 with more cars. Just my opinion of course. I hope they dig deep for this one, but I still very much doubt GT6 will be on store shelves anytime soon.
People are really getting out control with this.
It's SHOCKING.

Done for today. Good luck everybody. I agree with Sampyla20plus and Spaghetti69 up there.

People are really getting out control with this.
It's SHOCKING.

Done for today. Good luck everybody. I agree with Sampyla20plus and Spaghetti69 up there.

Your sensationalist, over dramatic comments that add nothing to discussions are no better.

Cars and tracks are a given.

AI, customization, event/course editor should be the priority now.

GT6 will fail very hard in my opinion if it's just new tracks and new cars but with terrible AI and a shallow A-spec mode. The thrill of racing isn't alive in GT unless you find a decent room online.

AI should be a top concern for A-spec mode. Unless they want to make A-spec online. Hm?

If they do that I would bail..online doesn't interest me at all..AI needs work infact the whole A-Spec needs done over,far too few events.

A vastly improved A.I. would make GT so much more pleasurable alone....I still cannot believe how skimpy, dull, boring, uninspired and short A-spec was. Hell, the entire GT Life felt more like a GT second!

Harsh criticism from a long-time fan. Just what you need, Kaz and PD. :)

As me and Diogo(another member here) were saying earlier,if GT6 is like GT4 for the PS3,with the better AI,now that would be much better.

I have zero doubt that GT6 will be better, just by nature of track/car numbers. But that's also a placebo effect.

I think GT is now suffering too much from an internal problem, as PD tries to treat the symptoms.

You can't treat bad A.I. by simply adding new cars and tracks and believe that it'll go away. Fans will recognize this right away and will heavily bash PD (as they well should). New tracks will then continue to foster artificially slow, boring and forgettable races, except on a new circuit in a new location with new turns. Kill the problem, don't treat it.

Kill the problems, and the symptoms go away.

Adding more cars is great. Adding more cars and not allowing fans to customize them is silly. Kill the problem and move on. A livery editor was mentioned in TGS 2006. Make it happen!

Oh no I have no doubt's either,I was just saying that GT4's A-Spec kicks the hell out of what we have here,if they follow that route with GT6 and integrate better AI with it,then most would be happy.

Oh no I have no doubt's either,I was just saying that GT4's A-Spec kicks the hell out of what we have here.

I'm not even disagreeing with you haha. You and I are basically just free-venting our frustrations/concerns.

We should make the next GT.:sly:

Funny that,I am in the process of deliberating a list of cars I would put in a game,you know my life-long dream was to create a game that would knock GT of the shelves.:sly:

Cars and tracks are a given.

AI, customization, event/course editor should be the priority now.

GT6 will fail very hard in my opinion if it's just new tracks and new cars but with terrible AI and a shallow A-spec mode. The thrill of racing isn't alive in GT unless you find a decent room online.

AI should be a top concern for A-spec mode. Unless they want to make A-spec online. Hm?

What crazy is that in some PC sims you can edit the AI with a Microsoft Word Pad document to make them faster, brake better, accelerate better, be more aggressive, even save fuel better. How much harder can it be for PD to make the AI better? Stopping them from braking so early is one easy thing. It so obvious PD has them brake early in order to make overtaking easy. We do not need to be held by the hand!

And I think a detailed event editor is probably the single most important feature GT6 can have, even more so then a livery editor or even better AI. The ability to custom pick opponents, tune each of their cars, and then to have the difficult and length of the event calculated to give you proper credits and EXP or A-Spec points or whatever will go a very long way to making GT6 great.

Want to reenact the 1999 Le Mans 24 hours with the BMW V12 vs TS020 vs CLK (no CLR unfortunately)? Done. You dont have to deal with hoping a randomly generated field gets you cars not separated by so much performance

Last edited:
GT6 is no where near finished. Improved graphics doesnt qualify as a new game in my book. Content and gameplay are key.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Can someone please send this to PD so they will forget the graphics upgrades and work on the important stuff?

I have zero doubt that GT6 will be better, just by nature of track/car numbers. But that's also a placebo effect.

I think GT is now suffering too much from an internal problem, as PD tries to treat the symptoms.

You can't treat bad A.I. by simply adding new cars and tracks and believe that it'll go away. Fans will recognize this right away and will heavily bash PD (as they well should). New tracks will then continue to foster artificially slow, boring and forgettable races, except on a new circuit in a new location with new turns. Kill the problem, don't treat it.

Kill the problems, and the symptoms go away.

Adding more cars is great. Adding more cars and not allowing fans to customize them is silly. Kill the problem and move on. A livery editor was mentioned in TGS 2006. Make it happen!
Only issue is, PD goes by "demand". Not all the players can then voice their opinions, thus creating the dull world of GT5 with less desired features and content than the previous games. Remember when Kaz was asked "will we get bikes?" His reply: "only if there's demand". I'm certain he has the same reply for just about all our requests, no matter if there's 200 or 2000 people who want X feature. Easiest fix is for them to just come out of the dark and just friggin communicate with us for once.

I wonder if this means we should kill Kaz? (kidding)

It's kind of funny, but with the A.I in GT4 it was also pretty bad, but I think GT5 is much worse because they are actual p****** slowing up and getting out of your way.

I just want an A.I that doesn't follow the PP system I hate that thing really I do. I'd rather have Rubber-band A.I it might not be realistic, but it's more competitive depending on how they do it of course.

Rob192005
Funny that,I am in the process of deliberating a list of cars I would put in a game,you know my life-long dream was to create a game that would knock GT of the shelves.:sly:

Too bad that it takes more that a car list and a dream to make that happen.

Zuku
Yes I think he already knew that don't try to bring others down dude.

Not trying to bring people down, just a little dose of reality. There are tons of people and companies that have tried to make the "ultimate" racing game / sim. The reality is that it is not a simple task and most fall short, way short! People bash GT5 like it is garbage, gt5 is on no way perfect by any means, but is still a fine racer!

Hmm... GT5 wasn't done when it came out. Which would lead me to believe that GT6 will not be done either.

GT6 is no way anywhere close to being done.

One technical reason is I think that if damage was at a point where it was ready for GT6 they would have updated GT5. I believe GT6 will be a different beast than GT5 and in order for that to happen they would have to have the time to make GT6 what GT5 should have been.
GT6 was in development while GT5 was being released, and 1.5 years into it has to account for something.

Not trying to bring people down, just a little dose of reality. There are tons of people and companies that have tried to make the "ultimate" racing game / sim. The reality is that it is not a simple task and most fall short, way short! People bash GT5 like it is garbage, gt5 is on no way perfect by any means, but is still a fine racer!

If I'm not mistaken dude isn't trying to make the ultimate Sim Racer he's just trying to knock GT off the shelf which is possible.

Zuku
If I'm not mistaken dude isn't trying to make the ultimate Sim Racer he's just trying to knock GT off the shelf which is possible.

Isn't it usually in a glass showcase? Would be hard to knock it off the shelf that way!

I also dreamt up a rival for gt. except my Pagani obsession would be clear and the fact I dislike Ferrari would also come through. 1200 cars! 137 tracks! Yay!

^^ Sounds like you dreamers ought to quit dreaming, and get busy securing licenses, funding, start your marketing and distribution plans, and get programming and modeling.

What is your anticipated release? Christmas doable? Or is it coming on ps4 I imagine?

Better get a forum going too so everyone can have their input in the game, and complain about it nonstop.

mjm23race
^^ Sounds like you dreamers ought to quit dreaming, and get busy securing licenses, funding, start your marketing and distribution plans, and get programming and modeling.

What is your anticipated release? Christmas doable? Or is it coming on ps4 I imagine?

Better get a forum going too so everyone can have their input in the game, and complain about it nonstop.

Lol.

From recent the borage of recent information that KaZ has been leaking one would think that the foundation for the next iteration of GT is pretty much looking good. It sounds as if we are waiting on tweaks, additions, a platform, and one would hope a release date within the next 12 month. :-)

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Can someone please send this to PD so they will forget the graphics upgrades and work on the important stuff?

I can only assume thats sarcasm, but the reply I made was to illustrate how graphics aren't the main issue at hand. The OP claims that GT5 is merely a scaled down GT6 because of the PS3's processing limitations. A prettier GT6 thats using the same formula at GT5 means nothing to me.

How do we know that GT6 hasn't been focusing on such?

We don't and I haven't claimed such. What I am saying is that I hope they have been.

Shadows kill performance, one of the best things you can do on a PC game to improve FPS is reduce the shadows, makes a massive difference. So doesn't suprise me they had to use some crazy **** shadows to get away with playable FPS in GT5 as the PS3 is a weak/slow outdated piece of hardware.

The shadows didn't really bother me in GT5 however.

GT6 is most likely coming on the PS3, though I'm not confirming anything. I'm sick of all of these people saying that GT6 WILL be on the PS4, they don't know that. We have to hear a confirmation before we assume things.

GT6 is most likely coming on the PS3, though I'm not confirming anything. I'm sick of all of these people saying that GT6 WILL be on the PS4, they don't know that. We have to hear a confirmation before we assume things.

Considering the lengthy development cycles that PD is known for and the age of the current console generation I would say it is a very safe assumption that GT6 will be on the next generation.

Back