Is GT6 worth now?

• Thread starter Junnenz
  • 60 comments
Absolutely. But you will have lots of update if it is not already updated version or close to the latest one. PS3 way of updating is also not sleek either. Having said that it is great game and lots of content to keep you busy

Would point out GT6 is graphically inferior to GT5. Bad screen tearing and awful framerates too..very unpolished!..but more tracks :)..and at least you'd be buying it wise to the fact that you won't be fooled into buying it expecting a whole lot more.

You won't get passed the mountains of updates if you pick up and start the game now. I'm not trying to discourage you into not geting the game but it's just the sad fact.
I just bought the digital version from PSN last night, hours to download, hours to install, and now it's looking for 17 updates!
It's already failed to download them twice, I'm losing faith rapidly here.

That's 3 times now the updates have failed to download. I have my PS3 hardwired into fibre optic BB.
Is there any way to get the updates onto a USB key perhaps and do it that way please?

Last edited by a moderator:
You again?!
I'm on the verge of a meltdown here man I swear.
Do you have the same problem?
I really must get all my GT's sorted out once and for all, it's getting schizophrenic with three different names.

Last edited:
Ha ha , I forget who I am at times lol.. Never had a problem downloading GT6 updates.. are you able to download 1 update, play a little, then go onto next update?...I'm at a loss as to why the download should keep failing..good luck :)

I think I got it sorted out, I had to reset my console to default settings and it got going. I've 7/17 downloaded as I type.
I can't wait to finally play GT again. I haven't played it since 4!

Absolutely, positively, 100% yes. If you ask me, it was worth way more than $60 when it came out, if just for the sheer breadth of content that comes with it. This is a game you'd have to play for years to experience absolutely everything. The career sucks, but the sheer number of cars and tracks as well as the deeper online settings mean that it'll take you a damn long time to experience everything.

Good news.. But with the Eurovision on I doubt you'll want to :P
Sure I have it recording anyway. Have you any tips for getting my hands on some really fast cars early on by any chance please?

DSC_0007.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure I have it recording anyway. Have you any tips for getting my hands on some really fast cars early on by any chance please?

Lol, best way was to not update the game....There was a glitch on a racetrack that enable you to win a race very very easily, playing same race over and over giving huge rewards resulting in being able to buy the very best cars..

Lol, best way was to not update the game....There was a glitch on a racetrack that enable you to win a race very very easily, playing same race over and over giving huge rewards resulting in being able to buy the very best cars..
How is it possible to play without updating the game? I didn't see that option, I just left it downloading/installing last night and it was all sorted this morning.
I can't wait to see what the ffb is like.
I'm guessing it's too late for me to do that race glitch now is it?!

I have yet to buy the game. I will.

I expect long to install all updates so I'll be patient.

How is it possible to play without updating the game? I didn't see that option, I just left it downloading/installing last night and it was all sorted this morning.
I can't wait to see what the ffb is like.
I'm guessing it's too late for me to do that race glitch now is it?!

I can't remember but I think there should be any way to skip updating.
What race glitch are you talking about? I never been into GT6 so far.

I've no idea about the race glitch man, I haven't even turned a wheel in this game yet!

You might have to do what I did and reset your console to default if you get the error code 80710723
After I did that I got the updates no problem.

Totally worrh it. I still play tons. There's plenty of online leagues and open lobbies.

There has been no sign of GT7 and GT6 will be live until after GT7 launches at the very least. It's was also stated a few times that GT6 has the rendering and physics engine that will be used in GT7 (that's why the rendering has some issues compared to 5). So, playing 6 will give you a good feel for what to expect in 7...when ever we might see it.

History has shown that an all new GT usually comes a few years or so after its first screens and 18months to 2 years after a "Prologue"

... There has been no sign of 7 yet, so expect 6 to be supported for a LONG time still.

I finally got to play this game last night after all the faffing about with updates and what not.
It's definitely worth it, the physics are excellent, especially the braking.
I think I did about 6 small races in a Honda Fit and it was absolutely brilliant!
I then had a quick look around and found that free Merc vision car or whatever it's called, sweet.
I'm going after that Senna challenge tonight, I can't wait.

If you want for the racing; Don't buy it, there are much better options.
If you want it for online; Don't buy it, unless if your internet is immune to dc waves.
If you want it for the cars and driving; Buy it.

Don't do the Senna or Sierra stuff until your login bonus is at 5-days/200%, then you will be able to claim max (x2) cash prizes which you will want for when you start shopping for cars. They only pay out a one time cash prize.
5 days??? God damn it!
Thanks for the heads up man, tbh though I can't see myself playing this game in the long term. I'm just waiting for Project Cars to get its much needed patch.

I'm surprised that almost everyone said that it's worth it even thought most of you guys said that it's suck....etc
How much is the game now? $20? Overall it's still a worthwhile purchase, even if other games individually beat it in every area outside of car count. And if you have a PS3 and no other system as is often the case, it can't be beat on graphics and for most people that's quite meaningful. A friend of mine asked me about a driving game for her 10 year old son because all she knew about was GTA and didn't want him driving around running over hookers, and I recommended GT6 to her:lol:

Don't do the Senna or Sierra stuff until your login bonus is at 5-days/200%, then you will be able to claim max (x2) cash prizes which you will want for when you start shopping for cars. They only pay out a one time cash prize.
I took your advice and I'm sure glad I did. Thank you very much for helping me out.
I've two gold cups for the Senna challenge already, I'm lapping the Brandshatch 80's track at the moment in a few different cars to try and learn it before I go for the last one.
Thanks again.

totally worth it
more than 170 new cars
13 new tracks
better physics
better UI
online still work

Really? I haven't played the game since launch but have been thinking of picking it up again. Is there is list somewhere of all the added content? I know they added a couple tracks, but 13?

For those wondering about picking it up, I just did. I thought I was going to skip this one, but with the updates and at under $20 I bought it. Of course it had 18 updates, so I just turned off the TV and went through my workday. When I got home it was all ready to go.

I'm enjoying it. I went into it expecting it to expand upon and improve GT5 issues rather than fix them, so I set my expectations fairly low. And with that I've already spent a lot of time racing. Anyway, the clincher for me was seeing the number or tracks and time/weather changes that are available now. With each GT since 3 I've probably spent more time just lapping different cars around tracks.

Finally, as soon as I was able I played a season event and was surprised at how much money it gave me. (Which I then used to buy a MX-5 and redo the first two races, as I started GTs 3-5 with a MX-5 and felt a little irked my first car was chosen for me this time).

Back