Is GT6 worth now?

• Thread starter Junnenz
  • 60 comments
Gibraltar
Gibraltar
I played GT5 but didn't 6th, would it be worth? It's 20€ on PSN now.

I would play it due to wheel, I got mine 2 years ago when GT5 came out.

I don't know if I should get a PS3 with more GB or wait for GT7 to come out and then buy a PS4 ? How long are they going to keep GT6 online ?

I don't know if I should get a PS3 with more GB or wait for GT7 to come out and then buy a PS4 ? How long are they going to keep GT6 online ?
I would suspect a long time. You can replace your hard drive instead of getting a new PS3.

Woa! Don't buy a whole new PS3 buddy, save money and just replace the hard drive with one that has more GB.

I've got a 500GB SSHD in my old "40GB" Fatty.

You won't get passed the mountains of updates if you pick up and start the game now. I'm not trying to discourage you into not geting the game but it's just the sad fact.

Hmm... those who don't have a PS3, can they get one with the game preinstalled with updates? Realistically?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back? Same answer.
You win the internet.jpg

You won't get passed the mountains of updates if you pick up and start the game now. I'm not trying to discourage you into not geting the game but it's just the sad fact.

I moved countries, couldn't take the PS3 with us. Was without GT6 for about 6 months. Only recently got a PS3 and GT6 again. We have a very slow and unreliable internet connection - it took a few days to do all of the updates.

However, thoroughly enjoying it, definitely worth 20 euro if you enjoyed GT5

Last edited:
i just got back into GT6 after a 1 year m.i.a with my PS4, and wow has it completely Changed like an entirely new game. been playing for 10 days straight in my free time. i'm already pumped again for GT7 on PS4.

i find it funny how i had came back with 20.000 credits, and a seasonal catalog later i was up to 4.000.000 cr.

It also took me quite awhile to get used to the physics.

Last edited:
You'll find a lot of games that are a bit 'niche' where the price has fallen a lot... GT6 and Driveclub are as cheap as $12 (!!!) for used copies in VGC from the games shop... I seriously dislike Driveclub but at $12 its worth it just for the occasional blast...

GT6 is a no brainer for $12... seen sub $20 new copies around here. I reckon it would cost you more in electricity and download charges to get all the content!

solar panels mate.
I bought it for 100 dollars and it was good value, so I don't really see the problem in paying 20 bucks.

I played GT5 but didn't 6th, would it be worth? It's 20€ on PSN now.

I would play it due to wheel, I got mine 2 years ago when GT5 came out.
GT5 has been out a lot longer than that. GT6 came out 1.5 years ago. GT5 was 3 years before that.

But yes if you enjoy GT and have a PS3 then why not buy it.

I barely play it and visit gtplanet to be aware of potential physics updates. So no, from my point of view it's not worth 20 anything. GT5>GT6 in every aspect. But I'm in minority.

GT5 has been out a lot longer than that. GT6 came out 1.5 years ago. GT5 was 3 years before that.

But yes if you enjoy GT and have a PS3 then why not buy it.

You are right. I realized I wrote it wrong even though I didn't change it.

I meant I bought a wheel just for playing GT5 and now I'll buy GT6 due to the wheel, I don't want to have him there without using him.

Back