is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bashfulboson, Jul 5, 2014.

1. bashfulboson

bashfulboson (Banned)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

"The magic of gran turismo"

Seriously, that graphics can stay for PS4 (with extra FPS of course).

3. bashfulboson

bashfulboson (Banned)

I really can't believe that these photos are from PS3

4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

The only thing PD is now have to do for the graphics is to premiumise the cars :tup:

5. ColouredBadger

ColouredBadger (Banned)

As I have said for many months, even having arguments with people on GT Planet over this topic. GT6 (and some GT5 cars) stand up to the next-gen games. I'm glad someone on GT Planet finally has the same opinion as me! :D

GT6 is exceptional considering it is on a PS3. Looking at those photos you have taken it shows that a PS3 game defecates all over Xbox One's chief racer... Even the Semi-Premium RUF YellowBird is as good as the Forza 5 version. A reworked PS2 model is equal to Microsoft/Turn 10's best efforts... It bodes well for GT7 I have to say.

AJHG1000, VelocityX, oink83 and 38 others like this.
  6. bashfulboson

bashfulboson (Banned)

The premium models are constisted by half million polygons whereas Forza's premium has 1 million polygons(yes, Forza does have standard cars from previous titles), they are not so different in modeling qualities. What really bothers GT is the texture quality, due to the poor graphic card RAM, GT can't really use any hight resolution textures but this will be hugely improved on PS4 since it has 8G of GDDR5.

TwinTurbo LM, KinLM, phil_75 and 5 others like this.
  7. NICKname

NICKname

Forza looks really fake. Project Cars does that too. That's why GT looks better though it's still current gen.

tka_tha, LeoStrop, Shimazu and 37 others like this.
  8. oli440

oli440

That would take a long time for each and every one of the 1200+ cars on offer. It's an amount of time that none of us would be prepared to wait. Unless you were happy with GT7 releasing in another 5 years time. One day, we will have a full set of premium cars, but until then, we'll have to get used to the standard cars. Kaz seems pretty serious about standard cars returning in GT7.

Shimazu and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  9. eran0004

eran0004

A lot of those comparison shots are hard to use, because they don't show the same thing. Sure, it's the same (or similar) car in all of them, but comparing a picture of a car that's photographed in sunlight to a picture of a car that's photographed in the shadow is risky business - especially if you're going to compare which has the better lighting. Chrome details for instance looks a lot different if it's photographed in shadow compared to being photographed in sunlight. The same goes for paintjobs, especially metallics and pearls.

Try to find better matches.

10. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

They can do it step by step. Prioritize the iconic cars like '70s GTR. Also, delete the duplicates.

PS4 cars with standard cars is a laughing stock. It is time to let it go.

Also haha at CTR Yellowbird being standard car in GT6.

Shimazu and bashfulboson like this.
  11. djslofstra

djslofstra

I also think forza to be unrealistic, I always thought the graphics are less realistic. Off course, because it's next gen, it has more polygons and more detailled sand/circuit texture but that is the only thing that makes Forza look better. Gran Turismo has much more attention to realistic details.

12. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

To think the F40 model in GT dates all the way back to atleast 2006 and it stands up to Forza 5's 2012 or so model.

13. RJS

RJS

I think that the main reason are the models of each game. The difference on the RX7 lights are outstanding!!

bashfulboson likes this.
  14. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

In some of the pictures Forza has the edge over GT, but most of them the Forza photos look flat or some that are too high contrast.

But what I find most hilarious is the Yellowbird - the difference in modelling is known by us, but to an average Joe they would think they were both same gen and both premium.

15. gregorius93

gregorius93

GT6! no doubt! :D

tka_tha, VelocityX, jontikis and 4 others like this.
  16. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

I read the article and the author said the Yellowbird was a standard to premium conversion, lol - wrong.

And I just said this a few minutes ago as well.

17. gtracedriver1

gtracedriver1

Forza5 is pretty underwhelming TBH. If you go to YT and see the smoke affects, burnout it is hilarious. GT6 on PS3 is better. Yas marina track at twilight or night with Yas hotel light up in blue lights would look really good but they could not achieve it on new console. Let alone day/night transition. Polyphony are experts in gfx :cool: PS3 was complicated. PS4 they will master the gfx.

exXboxfan, VelocityX, KinLM and 11 others like this.
  18. bashfulboson

bashfulboson (Banned)

I totally agree with you

ProjectF and gtracedriver1 like this.
  19. bashfulboson

bashfulboson (Banned)

GTHD model still beats Forza 4 and compare to Forza 5, considering it was done in 2006

Texaco, ProjectF, Rustyhole and 2 others like this.
  20. SCER

SCER

A lot of the GT6 models look a lot higher quality (LFA, BR-Z, 288 GTO, RX-7 etc.) and overall the lighting looks better in GT6. Not the result I was expecting, I have to say.

tka_tha, VelocityX, jontikis and 16 others like this.
  21. MasterFocus

MasterFocus

But Turn10 can produce a game within a year or two, IMO that would explain the "less quality" they are offering, knowing the vast majority of buyers/gamers wont notice it.
    As PD would take that time to complete anywhere from 50 to 75% of the game in that time.

22. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Shouldn't this thread be in the GT vs FM thread? Also I like both games graphics, but at least Forza 5's models has interiors modeled, unlike GT6...

23. vasiliflame

vasiliflame (Banned)

Thanks for sharing bro ... Shame that gt6 can't look like that in motion

VBR likes this.
  24. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

The photomode feature itself is entirely better in Gran Turismo, there's no denying that even if Forza has certain liberties that GT doesn't, however, to create a thread such as this one where the photos themselves aren't even exactly the same is wildly inconclusive.

Take the BRZ comparison for example: you're using the tunnel section at Bernese Alps which is entirely closed and comparing it to the tunnel section at Eiger Nordwand which has light peaking through each and every one of the support pillars.

FosterG, Zelalem, SZRT Ice and 5 others like this.
  25. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Also I forgot to mention. If we're going to compare FM5 and GT6's photomodes, why not actually get FM5 to make the comparisons fair, instead using existing ones from the internet. I recognize some of those photos like the BRZ one.

FosterG and GTP_CargoRatt like this.
  26. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

What?

kollosson and spongertwo22 like this.
  27. vr6cas

vr6cas

This guy will say anything to try to defend F5 when the proof is clear as day right here. The F40, LFA, and the RUF really stand out, the F40 clearly looks better and more realistic than F5 model, the LFA on F5 looks generic compared to GT6s model, I mean look at the wheels on the LFA in F5 then look at GT6s, lol. And the RUF, oh boy the RUF, it is an upgraded standard, a standard and looks on par with F5s Yellowbird, lol. I'm sorry F5 fans but your game just took another capital L.

I mean yea, F5 got all the polygons and all the fancy customizable liverys and little details that PD are not able to produce on the PS3 platform but.... GT we have the realistic car models which is clearly more detailed, we have the real physics of the cars and our tracks are way more realistic than they so called laser tracks. HaHa and wow.

I'm proud to be a Gran Turismo, Kaz and Polyphony Digital and team fan!:tup:

ArR29, TomBrady, jontikis and 13 others like this.
  28. McLOVIN5489

McLOVIN5489

Forza cars have always looked to me as if they dipped every car into a big warm bowl of melted butter.....

29. VXR

VXR

Could've at least used some Forza pictures taken by decent photomode users.

FosterG, Blkout, Normalaatsra and 2 others like this.
  30. vr6cas

vr6cas

To which ever moderator deleted my post I have a question, why? I mean am I wrong to disagree with someone's post and respond in a non derogatory way that doesn't violate the aup? I mean it's no secret that I don't agree with some of Tokos views or post but to delete my post when I was on topic is showing some dislike of me or favoritism towards other which is not right.