is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

You said we should compare. As far as I am aware, 'we' is a term inclusive of you.
I love to, but knowing you and others on this board, "GT is still better" is all I will hear. So, no point in doing it if biased posts are written... Also I don't have FM5 but will be getting it this month.

Last edited:
Fascinating... In most if not all GT6 looks better. I'm kind of confused though since I was playing Forza 5 at a Microsoft store the other day and I could've sworn the cars look like 100 times better than in GT6. And I'm sure they looked much better than in these pictures.
100 times? Nah~
GT6 even beats FOrza 5 in game footage by lighting

How about you tell the OP that, since he IS the one doing the comparisons between both games.
I do think GT6 is better
if you disagree you can post your own pictures
I would like to see it

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think GT6 is better
if you disagree you can post your own pictures
I would like to see it
Yet you post existing pics that aren't yours from FM5 to compare it with GT6? That's like me posting comparisons of both DC and FH2, but I don't have DC nor FH2. So instead I use existing pics from Google Image. Also I've already said I like both games graphics, but if I had FM5, I will love to post them.

Anyway end of conversation have a nice day people pretend you never spoked to Toko in this thread. *Leaves*

Okay, I've been looking over this thread on and off again for the past hour or so and while I have no problem with the thread or the discussion itself it's in dire need of some direction.

- You can post your own pictured comparisons of FM5 and GT6.
- If you have nothing productive to add to the discussion, do not post. That's your first and last warning.
- Do not bicker in this thread.

we all know the last two GT games have lots of problems that need to be fixed, but man, when people complain about the time PD takes to model a car, they should look at these photos, c'mon, a last gen game looking this much better than a current gen one?

that's the price they pay for outsourcing all the modeling of the cars on Forza.

and although most standard cars on GT look like the were pooped by a lego monster, that RUF looks undoubtedly better than the F5 one.

Okay, I've been looking over this thread on and off again for the past hour or so and while I have no problem with the thread or the discussion itself it's in dire need of some direction.

- You can post your own pictured comparisons of FM5 and GT6.
- If you have nothing productive to add to the discussion, do not post. That's your first and last warning.
- Do not bicker in this thread.
Every praise for GT6 comes a minor complaints that ruined the whole thread as a whole.

This is why we cant have nice things.

The GT6 Ruf is a standard insofar as it has no interior. The body has clearly been remastered.

Here's a competent pic of the Forza version instead of the ones on the first page.

image.jpg

we all know the last two GT games have lots of problems that need to be fixed, but man, when people complain about the time PD takes to model a car, they should look at these photos, c'mon, a last gen game looking this much better than a current gen one?

that's the price they pay for outsourcing all the modeling of the cars on Forza.

and although most standard cars on GT look like the were pooped by a lego monster, that RUF looks undoubtedly better than the F5 one.
we should really blame SONY and PS3 rather than PD, since ps3's poor capability

I think a lot of people who are saying Forza 5 is only just a little bit better are forgetting this is a game that has 32X more processing power than Gran Turismo 6 because of the consoles. The cars aren't 32X better are they?... GT6, and in some cases GT5 are keeping up with the next-gen game with a console that is inferior. In my opinion, Forza 5 should be doing better.

So it asks the question. Is Forza 5 terrible for an Xbox One game or is Gran Turismo 6 an exceptional example of how games can be made with limited resources?

Having played Forza 5 and seeing some other Xbox One titles available I'm going for the latter and saying GT6 is an exceptional example of how games should be made. Posing the secondary question. When GT goes to the next-gen what excuse will Forza Fanboy's be using to hide the fact that their car models aren't very good?

My comparison of some cars. They're not quite the same car but the 2011 and 2012 cars are virtually identical.

5wa6mq.jpg

140buo9.jpg

Both not my photos but showing off the lighting in each game, except the Forza R18 is in the Forzavista where it looks the best but GT6's car is the on-track photomode version. Not it's Gallery View counterpart.

GT7 will have standards.

See what I did there?

I refer you to these two photos taken by the OP.

2retkp4.jpg

15e9rme.jpg

One is a next gen car, the other is a PS2 asset HD'd for GT6. I reiterate my first post. A standard car is as good as a next-gen car. I think that's a little sad on Forza's part.

Doesn't necessary look better , but for sure it looks very good considering "old gen" hardware that is running on :)

Difference is in artistic/visual approach various developers use and regarding this I think PD's one is most realistic.

Last edited:
One is a next gen car, the other is a PS2 asset HD'd for GT6. I reiterate my first post. A standard car is as good as a next-gen car. I think that's a little sad on Forza's part.

That's cool and all but you missed my point and went to a different universe where GTPlanet is called Forzaplanet.

The person I replied to stated how FM5, though being 'next gen', used LOD still. I replied with my statement, which you quoted, as a comparison of a feature for a game which will also be on 'next gen' consoles (GT7 for the clueless). Now, if standards are not actually going to be in GT7, please refer me to this article and I will edit my post accordingly.

I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone here about what game is better than what and how PCars looks faker than Atari Pong. I've had the ability to play both GT6 and FM5 and like them both. Both games do certain things right and other things wrong.

Both games bore me to death, now.

The person I replied to stated how FM5, though being 'next gen', used LOD still. I replied with my statement, which you quoted, as a comparison of a feature for a game which will also be on 'next gen' consoles (GT7 for the clueless). Now, if standards are not actually going to be in GT7, please refer me to this article and I will edit my post accordingly.

Ah, fair enough. I missed the direction to your post. I do apologise.

Standards will be in GT7 (which I do not condone) but some of them will be equal quality to Forza 5 cars, for the exterior at least.

Maybe that is why Kaz is adding the Standard cars into GT7? He has seen Forza 5, laughed and thought he'd go on holiday instead of remaking the cars and just copy and paste them when he can be bothered to do GT7? Haha

VXR
View attachment 181447

Yeah, totally owned by GT.
Nice shot :), dying to drive that type D.

I don't think people are suggesting GT is "owning" forza, but it should be acknowledged that gran turismo's lighting system is indeed superior.

On the flip side, though, there's lots of things forza does better than GT, so the games balance out on good points and bad, and that's probably why I like playing both :sly:

The photomode feature itself is entirely better in Gran Turismo, there's no denying that even if Forza has certain liberties that GT doesn't, however, to create a thread such as this one where the photos themselves aren't even exactly the same is wildly inconclusive.

Take the BRZ comparison for example: you're using the tunnel section at Bernese Alps which is entirely closed and comparing it to the tunnel section at Eiger Nordwand which has light peaking through each and every one of the support pillars.

Is there the possibilty to create a GT6-Forza 5 photo comparison thread in the Forza forum and come up with the same situation?

This guy will say anything to try to defend F5 when the proof is clear as day right here. The F40, LFA, and the RUF really stand out, the F40 clearly looks better and more realistic than F5 model, the LFA on F5 looks generic compared to GT6s model, I mean look at the wheels on the LFA in F5 then look at GT6s, lol. And the RUF, oh boy the RUF, it is an upgraded standard, a standard and looks on par with F5s Yellowbird, lol. I'm sorry F5 fans but your game just took another capital L.

I mean yea, F5 got all the polygons and all the fancy customizable liverys and little details that PD are not able to produce on the PS3 platform but.... GT we have the realistic car models which is clearly more detailed, we have the real physics of the cars and our tracks are way more realistic than they so called laser tracks. HaHa and wow.

I'm proud to be a Gran Turismo, Kaz and Polyphony Digital and team fan!👍

Who is 'we'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there the possibilty to create a GT6-Forza 5 photo comparison thread in the Forza forum and come up with the same situation?
The situations in these photos were similar anyway, similar enough to fairly see the differences between the lighting in forza and in gt.

And who is "we"?

Well, I play gt6 for starters, so I'm with him. Then we have the other few million who bought this game, and a fair percentage of the gtplanet users.

Those photos are my own work, the guy on gamespot has only made a copy paste from my post (where all the images are at full resolution not compressed)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...andard-cars-in-gt7.305998/page-4#post-9503584

he also forgot to copy the one with the mercedes 300 sl comparison

c4gm.jpg

h2er.jpg
I am stunned with these comparisons. All this time I though Forza 5 looked better. The difference is minimal and really hard to tell which one has the win here, but there is something in the Forza Benz that doesn't look quite right. The grill has far less detail, even though I love the fact that the tires are actually "squishy." GT's Benz has much better detailing (something that I will never dare to bash on PD because it's one of the things that show why they've been in the business for almost two decades) and also the lighting on the car is much smoother.

If PD can do this in old gen, I am really curious on what they will do in next gen. Haven't had this feeling in a while, but I can sense the hype starting to come to life again.

I'm surprised with the results! :eek:

More importantly, should this be in the photomode forums?

To be fair, Forza is kind of cheating since its in the more next gen console.

Forza models are obviously more detailed. But the technical things like lighting and are better in GT6 especially considering it has day/night changes (not to mention GT6 cars has more immersion on them ex. suspension on XBow). Transisioning to PS4 would be quite an easy task for PD with a bit improvement.

That said, I still rather play RFactor with 40 cars, downloadable cars and tracks, mod friendly, more realistic, and all day/night transision :P

Back