is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

Fascinating... In most if not all GT6 looks better. I'm kind of confused though since I was playing Forza 5 at a Microsoft store the other day and I could've sworn the cars look like 100 times better than in GT6. And I'm sure they looked much better than in these pictures.

IMO Forza, even though its cars use a million polygons, still has that gamey look and feel to it. PD's lighting is simply unrivaled. I can't wait to see what they can conjure with that PS4 power.

Master class lighting really makes the difference. Check out these GIFs from the GT6 OT at NeoGAF:

vtgvku.gif

msxajt.gif

Here's some of my best as well. Not a photographer by any chance so please don't be harsh.

Last edited:
Granturismo's lighting is second to none and the premium cars are very highly detailed (you can see how stunning GT can look yet people still want standards).

Forza still looks stunning though, have a look at the FM5 realistic thread and you'll see why it's a next gen title(still big room to improve)

This thread should be posted every time someone defends the wonders of outsourcing.

Some details in those Forza 5 cars seems to have done careless with speedy bolean operations, rather than properly researched and consecuently modelled. Some constant hard edges and the out of scale smoothing are showing it. Polyphony knows very well how to make cars that look natural, they put a lot of care to achieve that, since how the paint reacts physically to the light to how the car it moves. They are the best on that, even with few resources.

This thread should be posted every time someone defends the wonders of outsourcing.

Some details in those Forza 5 cars seems to have done careless with speedy bolean operations, rather than properly researched and consecuently modelled. Some constant hard edges and the out of scale smoothing are showing it. Polyphony knows very well how to make cars that look natural, they put a lot of care to achieve that, since how the paint reacts physically to the light to how the car it moves. They are the best on that, even with few resources.

Apologizes if I'm wrong but aren't you pro the inclusion of standard cars? if so then I find your statement ironic.

Apologizes if I'm wrong but aren't you pro the inclusion of standard cars? if so then I find your statement ironic.

Oh, his statement is bound to be ironic anyway for some reason. No use in getting into a discussion about it though.

And while GT's lighting engine is fantastic I doubt I'd be so bold as to suggest it's second to none.

Oh, his statement is bound to be ironic anyway for some reason. No use in getting into a discussion about it though.

And while GT's lighting engine is fantastic I doubt I'd be so bold as to suggest it's second to none.

For racing games? it's right up there I'd say.

I'm talking about the premium quality. All the new cars are going to be premium, outsourced or in-house, not PS2 standards. I'm not sure where is the irony on that.

Anyway, I don't know what makes me a pro. I think that I only voted in a poll and wrote a line in a thread about expecting a better looking standards in PS4. The Yellowbird looks neat.

I'm talking about the premium quality. All the new cars are going to be premium, outsourced or in-house, not PS2 standards. I'm not sure where is the irony on that.

Anyway, I don't know what makes me a pro. I think that I only voted in a poll and wrote a line in a thread about expecting a better looking standards in PS4. The Yellowbird looks neat.

Again don't want to sound too rude or drag this thread off-topic, but a few small differences is a small price to pay if the alternative is previous generation cars, if you don't mind the gulf in quality with standards why mind in the outsourced cars?

Again don't want to sound too rude or drag this thread off-topic, but a few small differences is a small price to pay if the alternative is previous generation cars, if you don't mind the gulf in quality with standards why mind in the outsourced cars?
As I said I'm not expecting PS2 assets in PS4. The standard GT6 Yellowbird apply to what I said about the issues of outsourcing rather than stay on PD's in-house quality. And that is a PS3's standard, no one knows how they will look on PS4.

But this is dragging off-topic. It's about Photomode detail in Forza5 and GT6 regarding the best cars.

I don't have FM5, however I did use Photomode in the previous FMs. A lot! (not "alot").

I not only love the quality of the images in GT5 and GT6, but I REALLY appreciate the streamlined workflow in GT6.

A photoshoot in FM4 of say, 100 shots would take forever, since they'd have to be uploaded and downloaded one at a time to and from the FM servers which operate at about 0.1 MB/sec.

GT6 has the advantage of being able to batch transfer to an external USB drive, making 100 shot photo shoots actually feasible.

Has FM5 caught up with this speed issue?

I knew GT6 graphics were amazing, just didn't realize how well they stacked up vs FM5. Some of the differences really amazed me in those photos. Especially the F40.

Kinda off topic, but does FM5 have rally, or was someone just playing in a dirt pit?

As I said I'm not expecting PS2 assets in PS4. The standard GT6 Yellowbird apply to what I said about the issues of outsourcing rather than stay on PD's in-house quality. And that is a PS3's standard, no one knows how they will look on PS4.

But this is dragging off-topic. It's about Photomode detail in Forza5 and GT6 regarding the best cars.

I won't mind as much cars with the Quality of the Ruf 👍

I don't expect many, if any, will change your minds one way or the other, but looking at some average Forza photomode shots and coming to the conclusion GT is better does FM5 an injustice. Jumping between the two, I'm well aware of the difference. The lighting in Forza needs work from the photomode user, whereas GT6's is generally spot on.

Back