is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

I dont know, I think the LFA in FM5 looks pretty nice

14382668600_289345cbfe_c.jpg

14382714478_dc56642e25_c.jpg

(shameless self-promotion over)

To be honest, both games looks great. The difference to me is that GT6 photos looks like photographs, while FM5 photos looks more like what you'd see with the naked eye.

GT6 = photorealism. FM5 = realism.

So which is better? Well, if the goal is to produce pictures that look like photos, then I'd pick GT6 as the winner. If the goal is to produce pictures that makes you feel like you are actually there, I'd pick FM5. If the goal is to produce stunning and realistic pictures it's a tie.

Do check out both the photomode forums, there are some great pictures there!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/forza-5-photomode/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-photomode/

Well it's on a next gen console. If it didn't look good, Forza fans be doing riots on the streets
I also think it looked great in Horizon, which didnt seem as graphically impressive as FM4. It made the cars to dull in most cases.
8175722079_d99651bc5d_z.jpg

8175721821_7032927a89_z.jpg

To be honest, I dont see much change in most cars. Little things here and there, but nothing major.

I guess I lied in my last post, also.

Still have mine and still play it to this day.
STP60245.JPG

FM5 & GT6 both look nice. To me, from what I've played, FM5 wasn't the upgrade it could've/should've been content and visual wise. Like many devs, PD included, T10 didn't have the time they needed. FM6 should hopefully do a better job capturing that current gen appeal for me.

GT6 being on a last gen console is a nice accomplishment, blemishes and all. I'd like to see my SW22 MR2, the JZA80 and many other cars as premium models, with much better sounds to match in GT7. Doubtful, but we'll see what happens.

To be honest, both games looks great. The difference to me is that GT6 photos looks like photographs, while FM5 photos looks more like what you'd see with the naked eye.

GT6 = photorealism. FM5 = realism.

So which is better? Well, if the goal is to produce pictures that look like photos, then I'd pick GT6 as the winner. If the goal is to produce pictures that makes you feel like you are actually there, I'd pick FM5. If the goal is to produce stunning and realistic pictures it's a tie.

Do check out both the photomode forums, there are some great pictures there!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/forza-5-photomode/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-photomode/
Forza doesn't look realistic in the way you said, It looks just like CGI

Forza doesn't look realistic in the way you said, It looks just like CGI
I think that both games' photomode can produce some very realistic photos. With each and every photo, it can be etched in either direction(Developer) as to what game looks more realistic.

I also think, and know, that both games look like CGI.

The LFA looks pretty good in GT6 too.
It does, and I didnt say that it doesnt, but that wasnt the point of my post anyways. I Was just replying to someone saying how it doesnt look good in FM5. I forgot who said it as I was just scrolling through reading the various comments.

EDIT: I scrolled through again, and it was @vr6cas who the comment was indirectly, directed to. Although, disliking a car in a certain game because of the finish on the wheels is a bit excessive, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Camaro picture looks the most realistic IMHO. It's one of the moments where you can see the improvements in lighting over FM4. Probably one of the most realistic FM5 shots I've seen. The Veneno one is great but the landscape give it a more cartoonish look (maybe the grass?)

The lighting on the Vette pic is good also, just the paint is too shiny. And why the Viper air intakes are closed? :confused:

The Camaro picture looks the most realistic IMHO. It's one of the moments where you can see the improvements in lighting over FM4. Probably one of the most realistic FM5 shots I've seen. The Veneno one is great but the landscape give it a more cartoonish look (maybe the grass?)

The lighting on the Vette pic is good also, just the paint is too shiny. And why the Viper air intakes are closed?
:confused:
I say they look fine, just as how GT looks fine as well. Mind you, that is T10 chose to want their lighting and colour palette to be, they don't have to make look as real or better than GT and they should be respected for making such a decision. I will say FM5 looks really pretty to look at, and I like that. GT looks very pretty too, especially the sky. :)

I have GRID: AS and even that game looks pretty good, even if it doesn't look all realistic.

Even these still look 'overdone'.

•There is too much reflectiveness.
•The small car details are very dull.

I'll take GT6's photomode.

:cheers:
I'm not understanding this point about the cars being to reflective? The one thats really noticeable is the black car that he has posted.. but last time I checked, black can look like a mirror at times, especially if the car is clean and waxed.

Of his photos, he has one close up, what part exactly looks dull?

And about the Nurgburgring Veneno, its over exposed, that can play a lot on what you are talking about

Also, @gtuned, I believe you said that because you use the setting changes in Forza Motorsport 5, you are essentially doing the same as someone post-editing there GT photos. Last I checked, My girlfriends D90 allows me to change everything that I'm able to change in-game, on Forza. So I'm not sure where you are going with that. Also, I dont edit my photos, and no I'm not lying, and I know of a few people that dont in real life(dont really know any photographers), as well as plenty in-game. I dont know where you came up with that.

If that was not you, then I'm sorry. I just cant really scroll around to much right now.

Last edited:

That's a horrible wheel offset. I've seen this on several FM5 photos, various car models with wheels sitting way too much inside their arches. Is that a common problem of Forza car models?

I think this whole debate is kind of pointless because the OP questions which photomode is "better" and it ends in unobjective graphic comparisions. Some people think realism equals good, for others overall appeal matters more. I find both games beautiful to look at most of the time, GT6 for realistic looks and FM5 for visual, more artistic appeal.

Of course many photographers edit their photos to enhance their looks; do you think any of them do it to make their photos look more "realistic"? In most cases we do it to simply make the photo look more appealing, and I think that's the general approach Forza follows.

To add to the thread instead of me just rambling, I think these are some of my best.

14224058439_e824ae7e12_c.jpg

14387577986_dd568d43aa_c.jpg

14428962891_a2bd9b53f5_c.jpg

14353959366_333b7489fc_c.jpg

14208729400_40931105d4_c.jpg

While I agree, GT's photomode is great, I just find it weird that some people are dismissing Forza completely, and cant understand what some of them are based on.

Last edited:
GT looks wonderful in overcast and rain weather. I hope they improve this for GT7 massively, it already looks amazing.

I think what we all need to take from this is that they both look great in their own ways, and that GT, considering its a last gen game, looks incredible.
It should also be taken into account that this is T10 first go on a next gen console and that things will just get better in the next game.
So for me they both look great, but forza will get better, and GT looks amazing for a last gen game......so that's that sorted, we can close the thread now :P lol

That's a horrible wheel offset. I've seen this on several FM5 photos, various car models with wheels sitting way too much inside their arches. Is that a common problem of Forza car models?

I think this whole debate is kind of pointless because the OP questions which photomode is "better" and it ends in unobjective graphic comparisions. Some people think realism equals good, for others overall appeal matters more. I find both games beautiful to look at most of the time, GT6 for realistic looks and FM5 for visual, more artistic appeal.

Of course many photographers edit their photos to enhance their looks; do you think any of them do it to make their photos look more "realistic"? In most cases we do it to simply make the photo look more appealing, and I think that's the general approach Forza follows.

It's been lowered with race suspension I believe and then dropped as far as it can go. It's not a problem by default, I didn't think to reset it. I agree some of my photo's are a little over exposed but I still think Forza looks gorgeous in it's own right. One thing I will say for sure though is that FM5's photo-mode is at least representable of how it looks in-game, GT6 not so much.

I can't wait until the Forza Horizon 2 vs Druveclub photo mode threads start popping up left and right. :lol:

IMO, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Certain aspects of the OPs images look better in GT6, some aspects look better in Forza. There's some where the car details look better in GT6, like the close up of the taillights on the F40. In general, based on the OPs images, GT has done better with lights, as in headlights and taillights. In images like the XBow comparison, the shading and occlusion from Forza is much better. There's no light falloff under the car in the GT6 image.

Overall, I think I like the color range from Forza, as GT is still very saturated, especially in the greens, it's blinding! Comparing the two though, we're also comparing old gen vs. new gen, so congrats to GT6 for being able to hold up against Forza 5! I think this gives GT the opportunity to get a jump when it comes to pushing the boundary a bit further with the PS4.

Overall, I think I like the color range from Forza, as GT is still very saturated, especially in the greens, it's blinding!

For argument's sake, saturation can be adjusted in FM5's photo mode.

I can't wait until the Forza Horizon 2 vs Druveclub photo mode threads start popping up left and right. :lol:

Oh wow that is gonna be so fun! :cool:

Last couple of photo's from me;

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Gotta say it's been really enjoyable snapping pics in this game. I guess in answer to the thread; neither is better than the other as it's highly subjective going on some people's comments here. I know which I prefer but both of them are excellent in their own right.

Back