is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

GetPhoto.ashx
This Aston shot is magical.

Nice job :D

Forza looks really fake. Project Cars does that too. That's why GT looks better though it's still current gen.

My friend has an xbox one and Forza 5, his first console as he is a PC man, he was blown away by the replay on GT6 and talked of how realistic it looked. Its quite ridiculous that these two games are being compared seeing as GT6 is last gen. The good news is that historically PD have always produced something amazing when moving to a next gen platform, I think GT7 will raise the bar again.

Forza 5 is a good looking game, no doubt about it but its underwhelming at the same time when compared to the last gen GT6. For me the main difference between the two franchises has always been realism, when you look at Forza, as nice as it is, you are always aware that its a game, with GT on the other hand, at times its like looking at actual footage in replay mode. If you compare both games in replay you will see the difference.

Moreover, GT6 new premium cars, thanks to the tessellation, have more polygons than FM5 cars

gemasolar_18qbr2b.jpg

gemasolar_20rvq34.jpg

gemasolar_22vgo6a.jpg

gemasolar_24kirt3.jpg

gemasolar_259rojq.jpg

gemasolar_25bu7qhb.jpg

siracusanotte_20rewx.jpg

siracusanotte_3eui85.jpg

siracusanotte_68nbqhm.jpg

siracusanotte_70lup7j.jpg

siracusanotte_74kfkjk.jpg

siracusanotte_751ylpy.jpg

81ajsit1ik8x.png

11409254915_cfa556674wwjzb.png

I'm sorry but this another wrong comparison in which you trying to show that GT6 have better looking cars. Don't get it offensive of course but I'm sure that Viper ACR and Testarossa was on earlier Forza's first but turn 10 just upgraded them to have full autovista model. Try comparing something what is new to Forza 5 too like La Ferrari or new Stingray.

I'm sorry but this another wrong comparison in which you trying to show that GT6 have better looking cars. Don't get it offensive of course but I'm sure that Viper ACR and Testarossa was on earlier Forza's first but turn 10 just upgraded them to have full autovista model. Try comparing something what is new to Forza 5 too like La Ferrari or new Stingray.

GT6 use tessellation

FM5 do not use tessellation

simply

the only wrong comparison is that GT6 runs on a PS3, FM5 runs on a XONE... when GT7 will come to PS4 we will have a fair comparison

Last edited:

So are you saying that Forza 5 has differing quality between different car models?

Assets from last generation...so they are probably better than GT6 standards (except for that lovely RUF)

Lets call them double standards
While I agree, and don't believe every car was remade, they where undoubtedly touched up. Yes the RUF is nice, but it's when you start getting closer when you can see the difference in modeling from the two.

Double standards? From who? It can be bad, but I'm glad it is from the very end of last gen. If they used unchanged forza 1 models then it'll be hell.

I did like GT's replays, but hated how you can't fast forward or rewind. Has that been fixed?

Also, I don't know much about it, but I thought tessalation was way to use less polygons at a distance, and progressively bring more in as you get closer?

It is worth remembering that the GT's photomode works only in Replay , while Forza photomode he makes catches during the gameplay.

just for this "detail" I believe the GT's photomode apply more effects, because the replay already has some improvements that don't have during the game(GT)

Another detail, in GTafter you make the capture, the image takes several seconds to appear on the screen, probably on account of the improvements that are applied. already in Forza the image appears almost instantaneous the picture is more faithful to the ingame graphics.

Last edited:
All this talk of model quality, adaptive tessellation, and other things really don't pertain to the original point of the thread; which game's Photomode is better.

...and the answer is GT6's, by a fairly large margin. Like @gtuned said, it simulates a real camera, while FM's just has a few sliders to change the look of the image. GT5's was arguably better than 6's, in ways, and even GT4 has a few features the PS3 games don't have. The main advantage FM's mode has over GT's is being accessible during gameplay (instead of having to watch a replay), and the ability to find exact moments to capture easier, but really, that's more the result of a replay mode that provides more control for the user to advance frames.

All this talk of model quality, adaptive tessellation, and other things really don't pertain to the original point of the thread; which game's Photomode is better.

...and the answer is GT6's, by a fairly large margin. Like @gtuned said, it simulates a real camera, while FM's just has a few sliders to change the look of the image. GT5's was arguably better than 6's, in ways, and even GT4 has a few features the PS3 games don't have. The main advantage FM's mode has over GT's is being accessible during gameplay (instead of having to watch a replay), and the ability to find exact moments to capture easier, but really, that's more the result of a replay mode that provides more control for the user to advance frames.
Sounds like we have an answer then.

/end thread?

So are you saying that Forza 5 has differing quality between different car models?
No no no, this cannot be true! Dom greenawalt categorically stated that fm5 car list was decimated because all cars that weren't aaa grade or whatever were removed. This must be some kind of mistake. I must apologise for this petulant message. Anyway some wonderful photos from both games, genuinely mean that by the way folks 👍

No no no, this cannot be true! Dom greenawalt categorically stated that fm5 car list was decimated because all cars that weren't aaa grade or whatever were removed. This must be some kind of mistake. I must apologise for this petulant message. Anyway some wonderful photos from both games, genuinely mean that by the way folks 👍

Simple, it's a PR liar, same as Kaz

In terms of accessibility I think Forza's Photomode is better. It was always a chore going through a replay to get that perfect photo on GT5, and even worse, if you missed the spot you wanted to shoot, you have to clip back and wait for the scene all over again.

I like to think of it as, since this is a new console, its only fair to assume that they do not know the full potential of what they can achieve yet. The more cars the produce, the more they learn, so its not to far off to assume that the more DLC that comes out, the more they are learning to extract from this console. So why wouldnt they be able to improve as time goes by? Rather then just staying on a straight line?

They are improving each time they get their hands on something, and the photomode this time around is great. While the lighting isnt as great as GT's, it is still far from ugly, so I'm excited to see how they improve upon it. Tunnel shots are still a little tricky, but way easier then they used to be.

I have watched both game in photomodes, and honestly, Forza just doesn't look as realistic as GT6
I totally disagree with your opinion

I totally disagree with your opinion. GT6 photos looks more like photos, while FM5 photos looks more like I'm actually there. Different styles, that is all.

I wouldn't say they are wrong, but they are certainly not as realistic compered to GT6. Forza still looks amazing, just not realistic.
Yeah
Forza looks good indeed, but it's just not realistic
I have seen the replay of Forza 5, you can easily distinguish it from real thing, on the other hand GT6's replay can really confuse ppl.

Last edited:
GT6 is much better and it isn't surprise for me.

PoDi are really brillant in technical. For me, this is the best studio with Naughty Dog.

My best attempt of making GT6 have Forza 5's lighting engine... I still couldn't make it look fake enough though. :rolleyes:

29xt1qo.jpg
haha
this is a good mocking
you are true about how Forza's graphics always looks kinda yellow
not to mention the color tone is just too saturated

Back