Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 861 comments
GT7 is awesome. Just spent the last hour driving the AM Valkyrie and I'm sorry but no previous GT can touch it

What a dumb comment. What does "there's no real connect between different models" even mean?
The valkyrie is a blast to drive and what beast it is, so grateful they added that car we could use more hypercars and other extreme trackday cars

Its more than just the driving thats better in gt7, better customazion, sounds, full vr support e.t.c, the only thing is fails like they previous games have nailed specially up to gt5 is career mode, but for everything else gt7 is miles a head, and thats why gt7 is my favorite racing game since gt4

Last edited:
The valkyrie is a blast to drive and what beast it is, so grateful they added that car we could use more hypercars and other extreme trackday cars

Its more than just the driving thats better in gt7, better customazion, sounds, full vr support e.t.c, the only thing is fails like they previous games have nailed specially up to gt5 is career mode, but for everything else gt7 is miles a head, and thats why gt7 is my favorite racing game since gt4
Agreed. It does annoy me that they refuse to add more races, but only in a sense that it means grinding to buy some of the more expensive cars.

Generally speaking though, it seems easy enough to maintain enough credits to do most things I would like to do and the actual driving experience is superior to any other GT.

Ooof! I'm surprised to read so much negativity on this game. My personal experience is much different.

It is my favorite Gran Turismo so far, and I see it as such an incredible modern game. The gameplay (physics, control) is fun as heck, especially with driving with all assists off and custom tuning all my favorite cars. The graphics and sound are incredible (I race in first person cam with music off in races). I don't prefer the focus on the circuit track style of some of the locales, but in general, I enjoy the majority of the tracks. Other aspects like the cars themselves and weather effects look incredible. There is tons of content for a player like myself - I've been hooked for enough hours thus far that the value of what I paid has been met, and I don't foresee myself becoming bored anytime soon.

Really, my only gripe about the game is the AI in the regular races. Rolling starts and playing catchup for the entirety of laps gets old. Out of all the games, I actually enjoy racing the AI in GT2 the most - It effectively used rubber banding in that every race was tight and had me on the edge of my seat. Sure, the technical flaws of using a method like rubber banding can be debated, but I just know in my experience I really enjoyed the intensity and "tightness" of that racing, rather than catchup or blowing past every other car and racing myself in first place.

But anyhow, I love Gran Turismo 7. It sits at the top with GT2 for myself. Reading through much of this topic, I'm glad I enjoy it so much - bummer to hear everyone has so many issues with it! Hopefully they do continually support it and update toward what ya'll expect out of it.

Last edited:
Ooof! I'm surprised to read so much negativity on this game. My personal experience is much different.

It is my favorite Gran Turismo so far, and I see it as such an incredible modern game. The gameplay (physics, control) is fun as heck, especially with driving with all assists off and custom tuning all my favorite cars. The graphics and sound are incredible (I race in first person cam with music off in races). I don't prefer the focus on the circuit track style of some of the locales, but in general, I enjoy the majority of the tracks. Other aspects like the cars themselves and weather effects look incredible. There is tons of content for a player like myself - I've been hooked for enough hours thus far that the value of what I payed has been met, and I don't foresee myself becoming bored anytime soon.
My exact thoughts! I think this game is my favourite in the series, although I haven't played 5,6 and Sport.

I think a lot of the negativity maybe comes from franchise fatigue, I think I suffer from this with the Forza series. Small/medium core changes are made with each iteration which appear to move the franchise away from the nostalgic ideal. Although I think FM2023 objectively has a lot of issues.

It is my favorite Gran Turismo so far, and I see it as such an incredible modern game. The gameplay (physics, control) is fun as heck, especially with driving with all assists off and custom tuning all my favorite cars. The graphics and sound are incredible (I race in first person cam with music off in races). I don't prefer the focus on the circuit track style of some of the locales, but in general, I enjoy the majority of the tracks. Other aspects like the cars themselves and weather effects look incredible. There is tons of content for a player like myself - I've been hooked for enough hours thus far that the value of what I payed has been met, and I don't foresee myself becoming bored anytime soon.

Really, my only gripe about the game is the AI in the regular races. Rolling starts and playing catchup for the entirety of laps gets old. Out of all the games, I actually enjoy racing the AI in GT2 the most - It effectively used rubber banding in that every race was tight and had me on the edge of my seat. Sure, the technical flaws of using a method like rubber banding can be debated, but I just know in my experience I really enjoyed the intensity and "tightness" of that racing, rather than catchup or blowing past every other car and racing myself in first place.

But anyhow, I love Gran Turismo 7. It sits at the top with GT2 for myself. Reading through much of this topic, I'm glad I enjoy it so much - bummer to hear everyone has so many issues with it! Hopefully they do continually support it and update toward what ya'll expect out of it.
GT7 is the reason why I bought an Xbox series X and a copy of Forza Motorsport.

GT has gone downhill since GT4.

Last edited:
GT7 is my favorite by far and I’ve played them all.

To me GT lost steam with 4. GTS brought the franchise back on track.

VR is the key here. If you’re not playing GT7 in VR you’re only playing half the game I’m playing.

IMO I should say.

Last edited:
GT7 is my favorite by far and I’ve played them all.

To me GT lost steam with 4. GTS brought the franchise back on track.

VR is the key here. If you’re not playing GT7 in VR you’re only playing half the game I’m playing.

IMO I should say.
I’d agree with this, even without playing in VR. GT7 is quickly becoming the best in the series.

The only thing it’s lacking at this stage - which I’m sure could be easily fixed - is the variety of (SP) content from the older games. There’s plenty of cars, and plenty of tracks - there could always be more of course - but most of all this game is unfortunately lacking in the events and championships department. If they fixed that, I sincerely believe it would end all debate on the matter.

gt7 has also been one of my favorite racing games the last decade, they really nailed things like vr, attention to detail Both when it comes to,cars and many other things as well, only thing its missing for me is better single player content and better ai
GT7 is the reason why I bought an Xbox series X and a copy of Forza Motorsport.

GT has gone downhill since GT4.
Forza motorsport has also going downhill since fm4 so their is no difference there, but we still find things we enjoy, for me their is nothing about the new forza motorsport that make me want to buy it. Maybe things changes for the future

Last edited:
gt7 has also been one of my favorite racing games the last decade, they really nailed things like vr, attention to detail Both when it comes to,cars and many other things as well, only thing its missing for me is better single player content and better ai

Forza motorsport has also going downhill since fm4 so their is no difference there, but we still find things we enjoy, for me their is nothing about the new forza motorsport that make me want to buy it. Maybe things changes for the future
Single player content and better AI. Good look with that. When they brought Sophy back they added rubber banding to it. A total travesty.

At least in Forza if the AI is faster than you it will pull away from you. This gives you a chance of setting AI to your level with no rubber banding to confuse matters.

The cars look better in GT7 sure, but the tracks in Forza really put PD's efforts to shame with ray tracing.

Single player content and better AI. Good look with that. When they brought Sophy back they added rubber banding to it. A total travesty.

At least in Forza if the AI is faster than you it will pull away from you. This gives you a chance of setting AI to your level with no rubber banding to confuse matters.

The cars look better in GT7 sure, but the tracks in Forza really put PD's efforts to shame with ray tracing.
Forza has less single player content and the things they add is just fomo,
both games have bad ai, sophy ai is better than both, i can agree on enviroments a bit that forza can have the uppger hand, but there is times where the forza tracks is inaccurate, witch was showcased with digital foundry camparsion

Forza has less single player content and the things they add is just fomo,
both games have bad ai, sophy ai is better than both, i can agree on enviroments a bit that forza can have the uppger hand, but there is times where the forza tracks is inaccurate, witch was showcased with digital foundry camparsion
Yeah but GT7's physics are inaccurate too. What's the point playing on "best tracks" if the physics don't match them? THat's why I play assetto corsa for serious stuff, good compromise

Yeah but GT7's physics are inaccurate too. What's the point playing on "best tracks" if the physics don't match them? THat's why I play assetto corsa for serious stuff, good compromise

Its not a full sim its aims for causals as much as pro, forza is not full sim either, both are simcades,and the point is the track should look accurate,i have ac also on pc, and it has better physics but that only apply if you play on wheel, its horrible With a controller, you cant just sit and relax and play like gt7, it require a lot off set up, both with mods and cars to it to feel right, and the other aspects is that ac dosen’t have any progression,

Last edited:
Its not a full sim its aims for causals as much as pro, forza is not full sim either, both are simcades,and the point is the track should look accurate,i have ac also on pc, and it has better physics but that only apply if you play on wheel, its horrible With a controller, you cant just sit and relax and play like gt7, it require a lot off set up, both with mods and cars to it to feel right, and the other aspects is that ac dosen’t have any progression,
Yeah what I'm saying is when I play GT7 I don't take it seriously much like the rammers and drivers are of poor sportsmanship and not skilled in GT7, I play it like an arcade, so the track realism is nice, but not necessary. In fact when I go online I play mostly on grand valley lobbies, says a lot that the realism isn't enough to make the rest of the game interesting to me. But when I play assetto I take it seriously, so the realism in physics and track is appreciated.

Last edited:
Yeah what I'm saying is when I play GT7 I don't take it seriously much like the rammers and drivers are of poor sportsmanship and not skilled in GT7, I play it like an arcade, so the track realism is nice, but not necessary. In fact when I go online I play mostly on grand valley lobbies, says a lot that the realism isn't enough to make the rest of the game interesting to me. But when I play assetto I take it seriously, so the realism in physics and track is appreciated.
Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hmm, interesting question, the answer wll differ wildly based on where you are in the game, what you play with (controller, wheel), your age which leads to your amount of free time and the value of your free time and mostly, if you were able to take advantage of the exploits and remove the horrible economy and necessity to grind from your playing experience.... The failures of this game are big and unmissable, they slap you right in the face and they have been well discussed since release. For me, GT4 was the last great GT game. GT7 had the potential to be number 1 but underutilizes everything, specializes in wasting your time, etc... Positives IMO are that GT7 has the best graphics and sound of any GT game ever, and the physics model is enjoyable enough. I cough love GT7 now and it is all as a consequence of the Abarth Exploit! I already had all the cars apart from the 917k, 94 MacF1 and 250GTO, but i had no reason to play because the races are mostly rubbish in terms of both quality and payout and I will not grind!! The exploit allowed me to buy multiples of expensive race cars and create Custom Races with accurately specced and liveried cars and with money not being a factor anymore, I can put all my time into making my own great races, not only have I had some wonderful custom period races but I have been absolutely impressed with some of the overtaking and late braking moves pulled off by the AI. I will get years more out of this game as is, just dabbling with custom races and I love playing it, but if I was a new player just starting GT7 today without the help of any of the exploits along the way, I would hate this game and put it very quickly in the bin. And, PD shouldn't be so damn lazy that I have to create my own races to have a good time.... just saying...

Just like any racing game their is bad drivers and skilled drivers, the top players is just as fast in gt7 as they would be in ac, look at super gt videos and they mostly have pretty good sportsmanship, and are pretty skilled drivers, and you can really see how fast the plsyers is that take part of the live events

The worst no well did not play 6 , but all the others .
Here all together weather change , graphics , sound , physics , ranking systeme that i found work pretty well and give nice race most of the time . The diversity of car from a lot of era.

The one played and liked a bit less was 5 , about grinding GT as always been a grinding game for those that wanted all car etc .

What i also see is everyone in the family enjoy this game in different way my wife , my daughter , my son and me . We even like watching together replay of our race .

So a game able to interest so different personnality is for me a really good game.

Of course it 's less than a month we own it , i agree that thing could be improve but for a driving game easy to go in and also for competitive it archive a lot i feel .

From a 50 years old french country guy , married to a 47 not gamer, and father of daughter aged 10 , son aged 11.

Last edited:
Nope, 5 & 6 are still and will always be the worst.
No I can't agree with that. GT4 was epic but 5 is my favourite. Great graphics and decent events (less than GT7 I might add).

GT6 was the worst, copy and paste of 5 and removed the best features (i.e. a real Le Mans 24h).

GT7 for me is disappointing because of what it could be, which is a strange thing really when you think about it. It's got a decent number of events, but I can't help but see the potential events it could have and how close it is to perfection... which sort of makes it stand out to me, and makes me feel sad because I know it could be better.

I'm not worried about Sport mode, that's an added bonus for the less than 5th of people who play the game. And I don't complain about the lack of Racing cars in the game because this isn't Assetto Corso or iRacing and it never will be.

Back