Is Horizon 2 still worth getting?

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
A week ago, I picked up a Forza 6 XBOX One bundle, and have been wondering if I should add Horizon 2 to my collection. Is the online still active? Is DLC still ongoing?

A week ago, I picked up a Forza 6 XBOX One bundle, and have been wondering if I should add Horizon 2 to my collection. Is the online still active? Is DLC still ongoing?
giphy.gif

It's a fantastic counterpart to the Motorsport series. If you drive sensibly in free roam and set yourself a limit that mimics the real world fear factor, then it's a really pleasant driving game. Career races are somewhat overegged, but they're really good fun.

Absolutely get it; THE best open road racing game you could own this generation.

Uh... you may have gotten it already...

If yes, how do you like it? :D
Haven't gotten it yet sadly. The game's doing a great job of retaining it's value, and I'm short on cash this week. :(

Just got it today for the Xbox One. Unfortunate I cant play it till December, thought I would save my parents money for Christmas.

As some of you have probably seen, I got Horizon 2, and also renewed my Live for a year. If anyone's wanting to play around on multiplayer, I'll be happy to join in.

It still worth getting it until Forza Horizon 3 is released next year.
We don't know how good or bad FH3 will be. So it is sill worth getting FH2 regardless of FH3 coming out next year 2016. Plus it wont be out likely until about this time next year. About 11 or 12 months away.

As some of you have probably seen, I got Horizon 2, and also renewed my Live for a year. If anyone's wanting to play around on multiplayer, I'll be happy to join in.
Oh nice congrats!! I am sure you are loving it. :)

We don't know how good or bad FH3 will be. So it is sill worth getting FH2 regardless of FH3 coming out next year 2016. Plus it wont be out likely until about this time next year. About 11 or 12 months away.

I'm not afraid to say that Horizon 2 is nearly my favorite racing game EVER. :D

Doesn't Horizon get released somewhere in mid-summer.. just a few months before the FM release months (not year), i.e. Sept/Oct?

Anyway, it has to be good. PG have been making consistent improvements to their franchise.

I'm not afraid to say that Horizon 2 is nearly my favorite racing game EVER. :D
Knew you would love it. :D It truly is loaded with "fun".

Doesn't Horizon get released somewhere in mid-summer.. just a few months before the FM release months (not year), i.e. Sept/Oct?
Nope.

Forza Horizon 1
October 23, 2012

Forza Horizon 2
September 30, 2014

FH3 will most likely release sometime around October 2016. So as I said, there are easily at least 11-12 months before FH3 arrives. ;)

Last edited:
Wow... long time no see, Yeah Horizon 2 is really top notch, the game just feels much bigger than the first game, Playground Games did a really good job with it.
Hey Dylan, it's been quite a while. I totally agree with you on Horizon 2 being a much better game. 👍

Yeah Horizon 2 and Forza 6 made really good advancements to the entries to the series, Forza 5 however... lol

Harty harh harh mate! Let's not forget FM5 brought REALLY good sound detail to the franchise... though the exhaust sputter, pops and crackles are better captured in 6 for sure.

Has this game been on sale recently or is it likely it will be soon? I want to buy the Ultimate Edition but I don't agree with price tag after having recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of FM6.

Has this game been on sale recently or is it likely it will be soon? I want to buy the Ultimate Edition but I don't agree with price tag after having recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of FM6.

Horizon 2 should be available at a fairly economical price by now. You sayin' it's still going for $60??

Personally, I love Horizion 2, but if you have FM6 already, it might be hard to justify the price. I'd wait until it's cheaper.

Back