Is it likely that they will bring back temperature?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 38 comments
I really hope this was a teaser of dynamic weather/time/humidity.
upload_2020-12-1_21-3-6.png

GT Auto is back, so engine overhaul stuff could return as far as I can tell.

Hope for engine temperature and tyre temperature/too :/

In terms of suspension damage, is likely to get a small improvement in that regard on how it affect car speed and handling? Just a curiosity

Last edited:
Tyre temperature is already in GTS. Would like actual numbers in the settings screen too (along with pressure adjustments).

Engine temperature, I never noticed in older games :odd:

Engine/chassis rebuilts - no please. It's a huge pain having to drive 300 km to fully break in a car, and then over a certain distance it loses power permanently (even with rebuild). I want to drive without such worries in game, leave the annoying stuff to real life.

Last edited:
@legend they could put the option of engine break where you can choose by your own if enable it or not, same as damage on suspension... if you disable you can play all career without them, if you want them you enable them... and online the host can choose if enable it or not so who want them go in servers where is on, and who disagree can create his server where everyone can come who don't want these options... Would it be better so that there are in the game but who don't want these just disable them so we keep content both?

Maybe not engine chassis but engine overhaul is okay I guess?

And that about temperature of the track affecting the race?

Last edited:
@legend they could put the option of engine break where you can choose by your own if enable it or not, same as damage on suspension... if you disable you can play all career without them, if you want them you enable them... and online the host can choose if enable it or not so who want them go in servers where is on, and who disagree can create his server where everyone can come who don't want these options... Would it be better so that there are in the game but who don't want these just disable them so we keep content both?

Maybe not engine chassis but engine overhaul is okay I guess?

And that about temperature of the track affecting the race?

How many people will use it though? And if you want to simulate power loss, just play around with the power restrictor. The effects of chassis deterioration is so miniscule in older games, you can hardly feel it. It's just taking away development time from more important things IMO.

With track temps, unless they improve their tyre model to the level of PC sims it's not going to affect gameplay, so again it's useless to have. We need I/M/O temp readings, core and flash surface temp, brake heating and pressure adjustments. Knowing PD, they probably think that the casual fans would get turned off by all that complications, so I don't have hope that any of those will be implemented.

Last edited:
How many people will use it though? And if you want to simulate power loss, just play around with the power restrictor. The effects of chassis deterioration is so miniscule in older games, you can hardly feel it. It's just taking away development time from more important things IMO.

With track temps, unless they improve their tyre model to the level of PC sims it's not going to affect gameplay, so again it's useless to have. We need I/M/O temp readings, core and flash surface temp, brake heating and pressure adjustments. Knowing PD, they probably think that the casual fans would get turned off by all that complications, so I don't have hope that any of those will be implemented.

So what they will likely add that gt sport didn't have? maybe dynamic time and weather, day and night cycle and engine temperature and overhaul? And what about suspension damage? How's likely?

Engine temperature would be cool, but added to dirty air, players would fight even more to get ahead of the other. A nice rise in temps between turbo and NA cars, throws another factor into the mix. Not sure if PD would add wind speeds. It's simulated in burn outs and spray from wet surfaces.

Last edited:
Engine temperature would be cool, but added to dirty air, players would fight even more to get ahead of the other. A nice rise in temps between turbo and NA cars, throws another factor into the mix. Not sure if PD would add wind speeds. It's simulated in burn outs and spray from wet surfaces.

There's a good chance for that as well for improved suspension damage penalty on speed and handling and maybe engine overhaul too. Engine brake chassis is not very required, it's only annoyng

So what they will likely add that gt sport didn't have? maybe dynamic time and weather, day and night cycle and engine temperature and overhaul? And what about suspension damage? How's likely?

Don't know. You just gotta ask PD. Or wait for the game to actually release like everyone else.

There's hidden settings in GT Sport where you can set temperature for tyres and track

tempfajkn.jpg

Woah where did that come from? Has people started hacking GT Sport already?

We know that tire temps are simulated (first corner in FIA races with cold tyres are a well documented thing). I just don't feel they are that relevant to the racing after the first lap because they don't change that much (compared to PC sims anyway).

Interesting that track surface temp is simulated as well. Again, I don't feel it has much impact on the racing. I never felt track grip to be different at different time of day, or tyre deg to be worse in sunny vs cloudy conditions.

Car maintenance would be good for a separate mode. Doesn't have to be a must do/task for the whole game.

As far as engine temps, would be nice, if damage effects engine temps. There is simulated engine damage, but not the damage due to overheating. Overheating can occur by staying in the draft too long. Also, engine temps could rise due to off track excursions. Too much dirt/debris in the grille/air intake. Likewise, damage to the front bumper bar, can restrict airflow. Side contact, could damage an exhaust.

PD writing in those types of damage, make the players think. Incurring slight damage can impede horsepower or maybe forced induction performance. Intermittent power loss or just being down on power through the race.

In GT SPort, PD have written in oil & water temperatures. I guess it wouldn't take much to write in blown engines.

Last edited:
As far as engine temps, wold be nice if damage effects engine temps. THere is simulated engine damage, but not the damage due to overheating. Overheating can bebyh staying in the draft too long. Also, engine temps could rise due to off track excursions. Too much dirt/debris in the grille/air intake. Likewise, damage to the front bumper bar can restrict airflow. Side contact, could damage an exhaust.

PD writing in those types of damage, make the players think. Incurring slight damage can impede horsepower or maybe forced induction performance. Intermittent power loss or just being down on power through the race.

In GT SPort, PD have written in oil & water temperatures. I guess it wouldn't take much to write in blown engines.

Well, there's a good chance we will have something more in that regard in GT7

Wonder if PD will bring back the heat haze. If so, adding track temperature, along with the track surface data they have collected and debris from tyre rubber marbles and dirt & sand kicked onto the track, these aspects would bring GT to a whole other level.

I feel like PD holding a lot stuff for the next GT Game because all those cool features is suppose on Gtsport but I think the features is not ready yet or not finish yet. Maybe they decided not to put in game and try not to doing too much with the current build.

PD have put a lot of sim features on hold. It's just what they do. PDLogic™

We all wish and suggest they'd give us these features. I don't see why they wouldn't work as is. Almost as if they think it's too much Sim for the majority, that are casual players.

Car maintenance would be good for a separate mode. Doesn't have to be a must do/task for the whole game.
That why GT Simulation mode exists.

Hopefully sport mode is completely separate from the GT mode 'car-pg' stuff and open lobbies.

Back