Is it likely that they will bring back temperature?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 38 comments
PD also simulates oil pressure readings in various cars' intrument displays. Nothing comes of it, since we don't have oil changes in GTS.

From GT Sport's LAN event creator

I looked further and there's engine and brake temperature in the game code.

temp77kev.jpg

Any other interesting findings? How did you access this? Some jailbreaking involved I assume.

So frustrating to see so many options the should be available in public/private lobby creation. I run a championship here in Iceland and many of those features would really come in handy. Really don't understand the logic behind this.

Sure, some of this might not be ready or something, but stuff like required tire compounds, mandatory pit stops, penalty lines etc. Should all be fully functional and available to players when making lobbies.

Really really hope GT7 gives us all the good stuff.

Last edited:
Any other interesting findings? How did you access this? Some jailbreaking involved I assume.

So frustrating to see so many options the should be available in public/private lobby creation. I run a championship here in Iceland and many of those features would really come in handy. Really don't understand the logic behind this.

Sure, some of this might not be ready or something, but stuff like required tire compounds, mandatory pit stops, penalty lines etc. Should all be fully functional and available to players when making lobbies.

Really really hope GT7 gives us all the good stuff.
Yeah, so much stuff missing from GT5 and GT6 also.

I hated having to break-in an engine just to be competitive in online races. And having to rebuild a chassis and watch that sloooow animation everytime. Should the game do this automatically within specified mileage im fine with that. (if engine rebuild will give the same break-in top performance.

Considering these stuff was hold back from GT Sport, there's a good chance we will see them in GT7 considering it's a full gran turismo game with also single player mode and simulation mode, so online they can put the options and enable it if players want to use it in lobby, while in simulation mode give that options so the game become more realistic and better. It's not something that makes the game too complicated, the game it's still simcade but with temperature and stuff it gives more immersion and depth which I whink is needed, because only tyres, suspension damage and fuel are a bit poor as variables in a race, especially endurance and 24h races. We had these options in gt sport beta, there's good chance they will implement it in gt7 or if not at launch when updating the game at some point

Considering these stuff was hold back from GT Sport, there's a good chance we will see them in GT7 considering it's a full gran turismo game with also single player mode and simulation mode, so online they can put the options and enable it if players want to use it in lobby, while in simulation mode give that options so the game become more realistic and better. It's not something that makes the game too complicated, the game it's still simcade but with temperature and stuff it gives more immersion and depth which I whink is needed, because only tyres, suspension damage and fuel are a bit poor as variables in a race, especially endurance and 24h races. We had these options in gt sport beta, there's good chance they will implement it in gt7 or if not at launch when updating the game at some point
And it doesn't even need to be that extensive - as long as it has some effect on the gameplay. A rudimentary system is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Back