Is it possible to Download Update 1.1 via PC?

Messages
1,421
England
England / UK
Messages
GTP_Grim_Reaper
Just wondering as I have just moved house and only have moblie broadband at the moment, until I get an internet connection sorted.

Grim 👍
 
Just wondering as I have just moved house and only have moblie broadband at the moment, until I get an internet connection sorted.

Grim 👍

Are you planning on playing the game online via your mobile broadband too, or waiting until you get your broadband set up at home?

If you are waiting, i believe you don't need to download the 1.01 patch to play since it just adds the online functionality to the game.
 
Are you planning on playing the game online via your mobile broadband too, or waiting until you get your broadband set up at home?

If you are waiting, i believe you don't need to download the 1.01 patch to play since it just adds the online functionality to the game.

I have no plans for playing online, as it would not be viable with mobile broadband. I just have a little niggle in my mind with these updates.

I may attempt to connect my PS3 to my PC and set to Connection sharing to see if that works. Not sure to be honest if it would work for updates.

Grim 👍
 
I was thinking the same thing about downloading the patch now on PC.

At least it would give me something to do while I'm waiting for my delivery and save some time when I get down to playing it.
 
So if i download the thread (thanks for that BTW) how do we install it? do we need to make up a special folder/name etc

Help please so it can be completed by the time i make it home in 4 hours to play the game..yey

EDIT1:

Ok, now i downloaded it how to install it.

can i please have the sub folders etc on what it has to be etc


EDIT2:

As a install i did

folder- PS3-UPDATE-then the downloaded file of UP9000-BCUS98114_00-0000000000000000-A0101-V0100-PE.pkg

was that correct
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Did it work and update GT5? I need to update via pc,only have mobile broadband at the moment also.
 
Nope didnt work, as no idea on how to install it after it all, i tried though but nothing worked. Lucky for my my internet cap restarted for the month, and now today their was the 2nd patch to install as well, another 133MB..
so 1 week of release 2 patches equal to 266mb, and they delayed the game cause why again?

oh thats right, so the game can be ready..liars!!!👎
 
Back