Is it time to bin Sport Mode?

Good mode, bad penalties system and to less sportsmanship rating levels (pcars2 has 5000 vs 99 of GTS)
Still need a lot of tweaks and adjustments, it has big potential, but there a lot of drivers with none driving etiquette that really can ruin your ratings in 3/4 races pushing you out or trying to pass in impossible situations and you get those annoying time penalties that makes you a danger on track cause you have to practically "stop" before the timer goes down ...

Why they don't implement a "drive through" after "x" hits or 1 strong incident penalty ??? Would be be a way better than what we have now ..

Severe damage enabled in all races would also make people more cautious and not so crazy drivers

For now I will stay in normal lobbies with know clean friends and enjoy quite more the racing than in sport mode.

For the rest, I really think that the rating system and penalties in Pcars2 is quite better than the one GTS offers...
Only "shame" that Pcars2 doesn't offer matchmaking in predetermined events /races

Hopefully PD find a good solution for everyone , because like I said , it has potential

Can't remember the last time I did a sport race. Got so fed up with getting rammed and getting a penalty for the privilege.

Now I just arrange lobbies with a group of mates, much more fun.

So yes the DIY approach is the way to go

I think the unfair penalties have more of a psychological effect on us than an actual effect in the race. If we keep calm and finish the race, it won’t matter, because everybody get those unfair penalties anyway. That said, I freaking give the TV the middle finger everytime I get an unfair penalty.
Not necessarily true though as DR B racers get penalized far less harshly that DR A or S. So an unfair penalty is advantageous to lower ranked players in the same race

All penalties served in pits or at race end (current brake slamming creates unpredictable and often unavoidable situations).

This is a rule I'd like to see implemented instead of just scrubbing the penalty off at race end. (At least for the longer races) with me I try to warn people I'm about to slow down by putting my hazards on and pulling to the side.. Some people just tend to be brain dead when racing and doing that can't even prevent me from getting out the way quick enough as they still hit tf outta me even though I'm way off the driving line..

And as you said, the immediate brake check self serve is utterly irksome.

If you're racing with other SR-S drivers for a long time, it can feel like the SR rating doesn't mean much. But if you drop temporarily into anything lower than SR-A, you immediately see there is HUGE difference. I was temporarily dropped to SR-C the other day and it was unbelievable how aggressive and thuggish the other drivers were. Clawing my way back up to SR-S was sort of like escaping a prison riot. The only way I was able to get my SR back up was to use my pole position and superior speed to keep as far away from the other drivers as possible. But if I didn't manage to get through the first turn cleanly, then it was a punching match then entire way through. So based on that experience, I can say for sure the SR system does work to a certain extent. Obviously it's not perfect and the penalty system can be totally nonsensical at times, but if you make an effort to remain calm and civil, it usually works out.

Sorry for late reply - was too busy racing last night.

Very embarassing that one actually. It was a race at Northern Lights Speedway and I managed to spin out the car after turn one and took an absolute age to correct it and then got rammed by the AI again so by the time I was back on track I'd been lapped 3 times by the lead car.

Utterly amazing.

If you're racing with other SR-S drivers for a long time, it can feel like the SR rating doesn't mean much. But if you drop temporarily into anything lower than SR-A, you immediately see there is HUGE difference. ...
Thanks for the reminder... in all seriousness... I've been Sr99/99 for a long time (profile doesn't really tell the tale as I don't race often) but I have forgotten the ram-fest I had to navigate to get to Sr.S.
I must say my last few races were zero contact for me, but looking at all the red dots at race end made me wonder what the heck everyone else was doing?
One in particular... started 14th, got as high as 6th, spun (all on my own) went way down the ladder, finished in 8th, no penalties, no contact, yet nearly everyone had a red dot at race end. Now, I didn't start in top 3 and drive away, nor did I tootle around at the back, I got in the mix and ran my hardest, with zero contact... yet nearly all others at race end had red dot...
So, I say again... people.

@simsimsheree Lobby racing, or league racing has great appeal to me. My schedule doesn't allow me to enter the leagues that appeal to me, and, I've yet to find a lobby that interests me much, I open them, spectate, and choose to avoid the chaos. How do you find these clean full lobbies? I understand the camaraderie of competing against familiar friends but...
Your are comparing that familiar racing with a select few pals (known lobbies), with racing against unknown competitors from across an entire continent.
I mean no disrespect, but one seems like a neighborhood pick-up hockey game with beers and laughs after, vs competing at the national level.
Both appeal to me for different reasons, but, I don't see how they directly compare.

Not necessarily true though as DR B racers get penalized far less harshly that DR A or S. So an unfair penalty is advantageous to lower ranked players in the same race
That really needs addressed.
Same penalties across the board (and I was one of the first to think holding the Dr.S/A's to a higher standard was proper, but, throw some fast Dr.B and C racers in the mix and it's an absolute failure).

Is there a poll for which country has the dirtiest drivers. I got my choice but to me Brazilians and Canadians (French Canadians) seem to be overly aggressive in Sport Mode. I'm not a braking barrier. Americans are relatively pretty clean if you ask me.

Is there a poll for which country has the dirtiest drivers. I got my choice but to me Brazilians and Canadians (French Canadians) seem to be overly aggressive in Sport Mode. I'm not a braking barrier. Americans are relatively pretty clean if you ask me.

Is this serious? Wasn’t the other thread enough?

That's not related to Nando's statement
If you want to talk about that toxic dogpile then go to the other thread where it's all in one place.
Then Mr Nando can also respect another person's opinion even though I know gave back a bit of a verbal jab there in retaliation.

Back