Is it time to let go?

• Thread starter robbyf
  • 335 comments
My time to let go has come.
What a shame bud,but honestly don't blame you. Course Maker (Tablet Exclusivity) was the last straw for the ones WHO TRIED HARD TO STAY WITH GT. I personally won't go because I collect all times of racing games and different games in general. I wish you luck. Where will you go towards to now?

I wish you luck.
Thanks man :)

What a shame bud,but honestly don't blame you. Course Maker (Tablet Exclusivity) was the last straw for the ones WHO TRIED HARD TO STAY WITH GT. I personally won't go because I collect all times of racing games and different games in general. I wish you luck. Where will you go towards to now?
For now only PC,in the future MAYBE PS4 IF GT7 worth it(but I doubt,PD just do not want to listen to their fans)

I am a little worried that like Forza it will take system link capability for triple screens to work which the Xbox One does not have (this is why no triple screen in FM6) and I do not think the PS4 has system link either. So it may not be possible. Just guessing though.

Turn 10 took System Link out of Forza 4, maybe even in Forza 3, however multi-screen survived until Forza 5 came along. Of course Forza Horizon (1) didn't have multi-screen, but I put that down to Horizon being less of a serious racer game, and targeted at people who would not make the investment, Sadly, it was a harbinger of doom.

Turn 10 took System Link out of Forza 4, maybe even in Forza 3, however multi-screen survived until Forza 5 came along. Of course Forza Horizon (1) didn't have multi-screen, but I put that down to Horizon being less of a serious racer game, and targeted at people who would not make the investment, Sadly, it was a harbinger of doom.

Well Turn 10 said it was up to MS to add a feature to the Xbox One's OS that would allow them to add back multiscreen. So that is why it is not available in the retail game they say. I believe that feature is system link which the Xbox One cannot do for any game currently. Since MS owns Turn 10 I am surprised Turn 10 didn't have enough pull with MS to get this feature added.

So I worry the PS4 may be in the same boat and that it would require Sony to do some OS updates to be able to make GT7 have multiscreen. I hope PD has more pull with Sony than Turn 10 does with MS.

For now only PC,in the future MAYBE PS4 IF GT7 worth it
I wish I had a PC. I just want to play Project Cars there than the console versions personally,but I'm with you on GT7. If it sucks through reviews/gameplay. I am going to be shocked. :(

Course Maker has kick started GT6 again. Too bad about not getting the Bugatti and Hyundai Vision cars but getting to make decent representations of real tracks fairly easily and then trying out the garage on them works for me. Time suck-cess.

I tried a race against the A not I on a track I made and same old not a race as the rest of GT, not a race game, 6. It is way beyond the time to let go of this insult to race games.

Can you back this up? The current Drivatar lead-car glitch notwithstanding, FM6's AI is massively improved over something like GT6's. PCARS is also better. I actually can't really think of a modern racing game with worse AI than GT6 (though I'm sure there is one, I'm just not familiar with it).

I have seen lots of videos where people are able to overtake all the AI cars in few corners of the race. This is max difficulty I guess and he is able to get pass most of them

AI is more or less same in most games. Some games AI cheat and in some other are not competitive enough. But the player can choose the car, difficulty to challenge themselves.

I have seen lots of videos where people are able to overtake all the AI cars in few corners of the race. This is max difficulty I guess and he is able to get pass most of them

AI is more or less same in most games. Some games AI cheat and in some other are not competitive enough. But the player can choose the car, difficulty to challenge themselves.
Just watching the first 2 minutes of this video tells me the AI are far superior in F6. It's a standing start for one thing, he has a pack of 6 AI challenging him to hold his position and they pass and get passed several times while the lead 2 cars disappear into the distance. The AI in PCars have their issues, but they are at least on pace most of the time with identical cars and give you a race.

The AI in GT are the worst in all of sim racing. In fact, it's an insult to even refer to sim racing and GT in the same sentence when talking about the AI.

Ah. So you judge AI quality based on how quickly the player can overtake them off the starting grid. No point really going into the discussion any further, then.

If you think that the AI in that video is basically the same as the AI in GT6, then there's no real discussion to be had here.

AI is Forza6 is just like any other game though. I do not see anything special. Obviously it is faster than GT6 but that's about any racing game lol. From my experience arcade games can give fun in wheel to wheel racing. Codemasters F1 games probably is the best in sims but generally speaking AI in racing games is nothing to talk about. As I said before it depends on the players skill level, car, tiers and player can accordingly choose to make it challenging for himself. GT encourages player to use different permutation and combination of cars, tires, settings as it has big roster of cars to choose in most events. Hopefully they will change this philosophy and GT7 will have staring grid with faster AI like other games.

AI is Forza6 is just like any other game though. I do not see anything special. Obviously it is faster than GT6 but that's about any racing game lol. From my experience arcade games can give fun in wheel to wheel racing. Codemasters F1 games probably is the best in sims but generally speaking AI in racing games is nothing to talk about. As I said before it depends on the players skill level, car, tiers and player can accordingly choose to make it challenging for himself. GT encourages player to use different permutation and combination of cars, tires, settings as it has big roster of cars to choose in most events. Hopefully they will change this philosophy and GT7 will have staring grid with faster AI like other games.
Well, you're just flat out wrong. The AI in every other game I played in the last year or two, outside of GT6, is much, much better than GT6. Grid Autosport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and more. None are perfect, but all can be on pace with you in the same equipment on the same tires and give you a good race if you know their little quirks and tendencies. The AI in Grid Autosport was very good IMO, and I spent a ton of time offline with that game, something I haven't done with any racing game since GT4. Not perfect, it was pretty tough in tight street races, but on purpose built tracks it was very good.

Last edited:
Well, you're just flat out wrong. The AI in every other game I played in the last year or two, outside of GT6, is much, much better than GT6. Grid Autosport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and more. None are perfect, but all can be on pace with you in the same equipment on the same tires and give you a good race if you know their little quirks and tendencies. The AI in Grid Autosport was very good IMO, and I spent a ton of time offline with that game, something I haven't done with any racing game since GT4. Not perfect, it was pretty tough in tight street races, but on purpose built tracks it was very good.

Hey Johnny, is there anything, and I mean anything, you like about GT6?

Hey Johnny, is there anything, and I mean anything, you like about GT6?
Yes, and I've mentioned those things many times and where appropriate. Do I need to balance out the truth about the horrible AI in GT by mentioning something nice? Do you think the AI in GT are very good? If so, what are you comparing them too?

Yes, and I've mentioned those things many times and where appropriate.

Where would that be, then? I certainly haven't seen it, and from the looks of it, neither have many others.

Do I need to balance out the truth about the horrible AI in GT by mentioning something nice?

You don't need to, but it would certainly be nice if you would, say, hang around threads concerning stuff you liked more often whenever you find yourself in the GT6 section. I think you'd find yourself enjoying your time here more if you'd do that.

Do you think the AI in GT are very good? If so, what are you comparing them too?

By and large, they're a joke. However I've had multiple exciting and very close races with them on custom tracks, which hints at a brilliant AI system that's mostly hampered by stupid brake points and a fear of getting even the least bit sideways. Neither of these seem to be much of a problem for them on user-generated courses. For example, I was racing on @Bornhall's Mountain Crest Raceway (fantastic track, BTW), and on the opening lap I was coming over the crest at the start of the back straight when I saw a Pescarolo C60 and a BMW V12 LMR ahead. They both got sideways off the crest, so I blasted past them. The BMW managed to catch me back before the next braking zone and was on my outside (the left). We were both braking when the Pescarolo, in a desperate bid to make back lost ground, threw himself between us, hit me slightly, and forced the BMW off the track and into the Armco, causing him to fall to 9th before eventually recovering to 5th. Another car with a lot more straight-line speed than me (Chaparral 2J?) would frequently use that speed to attempt wild and sometimes extremely reckless overtakes into hard braking zones.

This, from an AI system that's usually timid and slow, even on max aggression. Granted, they did go off on the second-to-last turn quite often, but when they weren't doing that they were creating some genuinely entertaining battles, both between themselves and with me.

EDIT: I'm comparing the CM AI to what I think racing game AI should be: fast, aggressive, and capable of making mistakes that can either screw things up for themselves, others, or both.

Last edited:
It is still not time to let go for me. I just can't. Sometimes I may be too tired or lazy to get into my racing seat, so I just go watch replays and browse my garage. And paint cars and things like that.

Blunt truth. If you guys don't like it why do it? Like to complain? Want confirmation of your trivial opinion to make you feel better? Narcissist (seems to be the case)? It's crazy there's even a thread about this. Don't like it, get out of here. Grow up. Negativity is bad for your well being.

Blunt truth. If you guys don't like it why do it? Like to complain? Want confirmation of your trivial opinion to make you feel better? Narcissist (seems to be the case)? It's crazy there's even a thread about this. Don't like it, get out of here. Grow up. Negativity is bad for your well being.
Luckily GTP allows us to post what we want so long as we follow the AUP. Since I don't see any mods in here issuing warnings for bad behaviour I think I can safely say we are all following the rules.

Edit: Tree'd by Slip...

Just saying guys, it's like, c'mon, don't like it, get over it. Why devote energy into negativety? Looking for confirmation to make you feel better about yourself? It doesn't make sense really. Be positive. Go post in the other GTP forums about games you like, or get off GTP for the night and go play. No one like a cry baby complainer.

Ironic cause I'm complaining about complainers. Sweet.

No racing in a race game mate. GT-Mode = no racing, Arcade mode = no racing. One player = NO RACING.

Why? AI that deliberately lets you win = No racing. Does it get any clearer than that? GT6 is not fit for purpose.

I PAID MONEY FOR THAT, and you think I should get over it?

Maybe you think only people who say nice things about GT should Post here?

As a technical achievement GT6 is truly outstanding. What PD managed with just 256MB video and 256MB system memory is astonishing. It's just a shame they spent 5 minutes in a cigarette break working out the one player game.

If you think that doesn't matter because it's all about online now - Read 'em and weep.

78.62% of people would give up online completely rather that give up one player.

10.98% of people would give up one player rather than give up on online.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6012-if-you-could-only-play-single-player-or-multiplayer-games

Last edited:
That depends on the game itself. Proper online will always be better then AI in terms of racing.

In terms of GT (5 was my first proper GT. Because ps3 is my first console after sega genesis) I was happy with 5 and 6 is an improvement.

I play almost all sims on PC mostly hotlaping or online racing. GT always pulls me back to it. It is a strange game but overall feel of it somehow reminds me of the 90s and makes me nostalgic (don't know if it is because of the menu music or what). Most of other racing games feel sterile and different (not in racing but in overall feel. Just can't explain it).

I didn't play GT4 so maybe my expectations were lower so from my point of view series are improving (The games them self are worth there price overall). I understand fully that It has a huge potential so criticism is harsher (then some other racing games).

My main problems with the game:

Sound problem is noticed and I think they will try to solve it in GT7.
AI is using simplified model / physics in some modes so I think part of the problem is the processing power. Will it be solved? Don't know but I hope so.

Perfect GT for me would have:

Improved sound and AI.
Career mode where you start from karts/track day racing and finish in Endurance series as GT Academy driver. (they have all the needed components).
FIA rules in races.
Special events like in GT5
Event generator ( even simple GTpsp style would be a start)
Touge racing / Hillclimb.
Elevations in course maker + random generation mode like in GT5
Racing etc events like in iRacing by some online Rank (they could use ps4 event system for that)

Last edited:
Back