• Pass

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Buy

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
United States
Divided States of America
MikuHime80
After 8 updates, how much better is it from release? Have the physics been fixed? Can I play with a controller? Are the tracks fixed?

I ask because this game looks tempting but from what I saw in the past, it was awful.

You should have asked this a few days ago, when the game was selling for $16 ($12 for PS+), including the $5 Limited Edition Upgrade.

Coming from the GT series, I can only say that I'm having a lot of fun (playing offline only and, for now, with a DS4). The Clio Cup alone is worth it.

If you can get the game on the cheap and avoid the original $60.00 US price tag, go for it.
The glitches and fails don't come up often for me as I enjoy tuning cars and driving against the AI.
I've not played the career mode at all on either the PC or PS4 version.

I use the PC version because my G27 will not work on PS4. I do play the PS4 version with DS4 and in the beginning I had quite a bit of fun with the PS4. Now I wont play the PS4 much until I get a proper wheel for it.

I would get the game used, and then hold off on buying any DLC until you decide whether you like it enough or not. I would also recommend holding off on DLC unless you are planning on buying a wheel to go with it, you will get frustrated using a controller, this game is optimised for wheels.

But if you enjoy games more like GT6 or Forza 6 with customization and large car rosters, I would recommend waiting for the price to come down on this one to something like $30 before picking it up.

Last edited:
Ooh thanks, I may look into that. Or would holding off for the GOTY be better?
A question I have too. I ordered mine (it just arrived literally minutes ago) the day before GotY was announced. Figures...

As far as I can figure, DLC adds up to about $35 or so (I appreciate correction on this) so total cost would be -about- $55 -vs- whatever Goty costs, discounting whatever else GotY includes.

Can someone offer more advice/opinions?

As you can tell, YES, I am new to pCars and do not (yet?) know what I am talking about... well except the fact it IS < $20 at Amazon... lol

Last edited:
All PCars DLC released so far totals $46.50, and there's the Pagani Nurburgring Expansion coming soon, if you haven't bought PCars yet you'd better off waiting for the GOTY edition.

I like this game bought some DLC and enjoy tuning / driving.
However I'm having a hard time getting my head around the fact you don't really compete to unlock any vehicle's in this game. It's just all there, so motivation to keep playing sometimes ain't there.

After 8 updates, how much better is it from release? Have the physics been fixed? Can I play with a controller? Are the tracks fixed?

I ask because this game looks tempting but from what I saw in the past, it was awful.

All my comments relate to PS4 version.

To qualify my answer here I will say I have my Platinum Trophy for the game and have finned the whole career mode so I do know the game very well indeed and as such am finished with the game as I am annoyed that day one bugs are still in it and SMS keeps messing with the physics and tyre model.

I have talked two very good friends into buying PCars (because it was cheap) and migrate from GT6 (as it is getting stale and we want to use our PS4s) The feedback I have is interesting. They both say they love the game but HATE the complexity of it and as such wont race me because I know how to set it up and have an advantage.

So what can you gather from this? This game is not for the casual user unless you want to play alone and do your own thing by yourself.

The online racing is the worst experience of my gaming life so unless you know people to invite and lock the room you are just wasting your time.

Lastly we are all waiting for Asseto Corsa and GT Sport to be released then PBugs gets traded in ;-)

You play pCars to race, not "beat the game", though there are still those pesky trophies to "earn".

Would not have minded if those were left out, but I suspect that those are REQUIRED by Sony for PlayStation games, kinda like the requirement that all games must be playable with the Sony controller...

Would not have minded if those were left out, but I suspect that those are REQUIRED by Sony for PlayStation games, kinda like the requirement that all games must be playable with the Sony controller...
I don't mind trophies, especially those that encourage skillful play (win a race with all aids off, win a clean race, post clean laps in time trial, win in heavy rain, etc). What I don't like is dumb trophies (hit AI w/ SMS employee's name, drive backwards, hitting cones, etc) or online-only trophies.

...but I suspect that those are REQUIRED by Sony for PlayStation games, kinda like the requirement that all games must be playable with the Sony controller...
As the console comes with a controller and they are designed to work with one, surely that's just a courtesy requirement from the developers? What you are saying there really sounds like something a PC elitist might say.

Last edited:
Guys i need a small advice here, i'm about to buy a second hand limited edition of the game. Will it give me full access to all the new content?

Guys i need a small advice here, i'm about to buy a second hand limited edition of the game. Will it give me full access to all the new content?
No. It probably won't give you access to limited edition content either since the original buyer already used the code.
GOTY is the best option to buy at this point.

You play pCars to race, not "beat the game", though there are still those pesky trophies to "earn".

I guess the minimum requirement a console manufacturer should demand from a game is that it can be played with the controller that cames with. Or if not the game manufacturer should be required to warn their propective customers "This game is to be played only with "Expensive Premium Wheels"

Back