Is It Worth It To Buy A Whole Set-Up Or Wait For GT7?

• Thread starter MSX
  • 65 comments
I forgot about Black Friday! The T300 is like double the price of the T150 isn't it?
Near as I can tell, the T150 is about 60% of the price of a T300 in Canada, not sure about the U.K./Europe.

If you have a circular saw and a tiny bit of skill you can build yourself a great rig really cheap. I built two out of 2x4s, 2x2s and a plywood square. The supplies cost me under $40 at Loews. Along with that I bought a $100 race seat off of eBay. (You could just as easily get a nice auto seat out of a junkyard instead) The end product offers a fully adjustable seat (on rails and reclines), inverted G27 pedals, G27 wheel and 27" monitor. The only issue is that it takes up some space. I use this rig for GT6 and if I want to get a little more serious I fire up a dedicated computer and iRacing.

I see that you live in Ohio. If you get a chance for a little RL driving then you need to head over to RT78, RT669, RT26, RT313 and RT83 just south and east of Zanesville. You do not need an expensive car or an exotic to have a great time on those roads. They are challenging at the speed limit and as long as you stay on the hard black stuff and in between the lines it will be a cheap and safe thrill.

It Is DEFINITELY Worth IT, (From an Autosoprt lover-Car Crazy P.O.V:lol:) Because there are so many Sim Racers available now P-CARS, F1 2015, and Asseto Corsa, GT Sport, and GT7 coming, also driving games like Driveclub. If you like F1, DTM, and GT3 Autosports you might want to get the T300 so you can get the F1 Wheel, but if not interested in these types of Autosport, The T150 would be a great option, because it is Simi-modular, you can add-on The T3PA pedals and H-Pattern shifter.The Thrustmaster Ecosystem is awesome

I'm also thinking of investing in a wheel. @MSX, do you think it was a worthwhile investment from your experience with it so far? I'm liking the sounds of the Thrustmaster T150 as a starter - anyone got any thoughts on this?

Been playing GT6 with DS3 for about 4 months, and while I'm about 65% of the way through the career modes, I'm starting to struggle with some of the races in IA which rely a lot on being a smoother driver (Rainmasters, NASCAR, etc.) than you can achieve with the DS3.
Investing in a wheel is very much worth it. The G27 is nice but like everyone told me, get one that is PS3/4 compatible. Personally, I didn't care since GT7/Sport is a while from now. The G27 is high quality and worth the price. However, the shifter does suck (it has an awful plastic feel -- like it's a toy). The shifter is my only complaint about the set, though.

Anyway, what you really need to know before you by the wheel is I HIGHLY suggest you by one of the wheel stands posted in this thread. I was having a lot of fun at first with my janky set-up but now it's just annoying. I promise you, the experience you want will suffer without one unless you are capable of building your own set up.

So either get the wheel and a stand or don't bother. Trust me...

Haven't been playing as much because of it.

MSX
Investing in a wheel is very much worth it. The G27 is nice but like everyone told me, get one that is PS3/4 compatible. Personally, I didn't care since GT7/Sport is a while from now. The G27 is high quality and worth the price. However, the shifter does suck (it has an awful plastic feel -- like it's a toy). The shifter is my only complaint about the set, though.

Anyway, what you really need to know before you by the wheel is I HIGHLY suggest you by one of the wheel stands posted in this thread. I was having a lot of fun at first with my janky set-up but now it's just annoying. I promise you, the experience you want will suffer without one unless you are capable of building your own set up.

So either get the wheel and a stand or don't bother. Trust me...

Haven't been playing as much because of it.

Thanks! That's a valuable bit of info. I'm considering the Thrustmaster T150/300, but having a stand to factor into the cost will probably help me decide.

Sorry for bumping up the thread, but it looks like it is really worth revisting as GT7 is really on the horizon within next year(unlike the last time it was posted, which was long before GT Sport is out), seeing that the PS5 will be released later this year, and GT7 will be released alongside it(or just a little later). That being said, should I save and spend all in when the PS5 comes out(I have 5.1mil.₩ now, but I can't buy a car as it is much harder to buy a used sports cars in Korea), or just buy GT6 now? I am uninterested in GT Sport, since it can't be played offline. Other games are out of my sights as I prefer redundancy in the car list. Also I need a game to justify myself into buying a wheel. I tried to buy a wheel first, and it looks like it won't work that way.
Speaking of which, I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf in Dec. 15th of last year, even though I knew Animal Crossing: New Horizons release was confirmed...

Last edited:
Back