IS PD lazy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 180 comments
  • 11,508 views
Messages
4,917
Germany
Berlin, Germany
Messages
bmxmitch1
From what I've seen so far (I don't have GT6), GT6 looks more like GT5.5

- Still awful sounds
- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc)
- Still standard cars
- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit)
- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines?
- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5)
- And I guess the list goes on.

Also, some things just got worse and I wonder why!?
Just look at this:



For me, GT6 doesn't look as good as it could be...or it should be.
Just look what other developers done with the last generation games of the PS3. GTA, The Last of Us, Beyond,....
They all made a great big step. Just compare GTA4 to it's new one. You see how much effort they put in the new game to improve it.
GT6 instead, it just looks the same as before to me. Sadly.... :(

I just hope now that they really set the bar for the PS4 version. It's definitely needed IMO.

Or what do you guys think? Please prove me wrong if you can. :)
 
Last edited:
From what I've seen so far (I don't have GT6), GT6 looks more like GT5.5

- Still awful sounds
- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc)
- Still standard cars
- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit)
- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines?
- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5)
- And I guess the list goes on.


For me, GT6 doesn't look as good as it could be...or it should be.
Just look what other developers done with the last generation games of the PS3. GTA, The Last of Us, Beyond,....
They all made a great big step. Just compare GTA4 to it's new one. You see how much effort they put in the new game to improve it.
GT6 instead, it just looks the same as before to me. Sadly.... :(

I just hope now that they really set the bar for the PS4 version. It's definitely needed IMO.

Or what do you guys think? Please prove me wrong if you can. :)
Isn't the stuttering and other FPS problems in GT6 enough evidence to you that the game is pushing the PS3 as far as it can and yet you want to push it more. There are new cars in the game. Almost 200 of them. Some standard cars got updated and a lot of us like having the standard cars. You can visually tune the cars. Theres flat bottoms which change the looks , theres aero parts that change the look of the car viusually and theres rear spoilers that change the look of the car visually. Yes the sounds need work and we dont need the duplicate cars. The tracks do not look flat. If you think so you need to go to an optician and get glasses. The list doesn't go on. You are just asking too much and being over picky.
 
Sounds, As they said before will be included in a future update.
No new cars (There are about 130 er so new ones even though their variations of cars they are still new)
Standard Cars (That was expected)
Tracks, Well some are a bit flat although that's how they all were. Except for the new tracks.

It doesn't look at good as it should though but they did want to release a new GT game for the PS3 following what they do always. Also by looking at other games, they seem to finish an unfinished game and update once they get it.
 
From what I've seen so far (I don't have GT6), GT6 looks more like GT5.5

Nonsense!
- Still awful sounds
The sounds are much better
- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc)
There are almost as many new cars as FM5 has total cars
- Still standard cars
The cars there were standards look much better, sound better, can add wings and such no problems
- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit)
I guess by tune visually you mean custom paint? Which is not tuning at all.
btw The chrome paint options look awesome on some cars :)
- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines?
Would you rather have 200 total cars as in FM5?
- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5)
I have no idea where you get this, the tracks look great, lots of elevation change, they feel real and alive, better than any game I have played so far.

Many other improvements and definitely not GT 5.5
 
- Still awful sounds - Soundsamples are the same but IMO they made the sound deeper, and Cars like the 78 Trans Am and many outhers are sounding great!!

- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc) - there are over 120 new cars, 99% of Racing Games dont even have that many in general

- Still standard cars - Yes, but dont expect Polyphony to make nearly 800 cars in premium quality... and for what i know they remodelled about 100 standard cars (exterior) to nearly premium quality

- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit) - yes

- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines? - are they lazy because they dont deleted them?

- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5) - the tracks are looking great!
 
Nope. Just because there are features you don't like or the game lacks features you want doesn't mean the developer is lazy. I suggest you actually play GT6 before making assumptions because it plays completely different than GT5 and it is obvious a lot of work went into this game. So no, GT6 is GT6, not GT5.5.
 
Lazy, really? I would love for some people to try working in game development and then call anyone that does it lazy.

Reading this always pisses me off.
 
- Still awful sounds - Some engine sounds have been improved. A step in the right direction anyway.
- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc) - There are many new cars, just maybe not the ones you want.
- Still standard cars - Yes, but the standard cars in GT6 look alot better than they did in GT5
- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit) - Not sure what you mean by this one.
- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines? - The only valid point you have here.
- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5) - Looks can be deceiving. Maybe you should try driving them first before passing judgement.
- And I guess the list goes on. - Yes, it does, but in a positive way.

Tracks, cars added.
  • AI, sound, graphics, car physics improved.
  • speed effects (blurring, shaking)
  • In car clocks and trip tachometers work.
  • paint chips aren't consumed
  • settings A/B/C can have separate pain jobs
  • The cam/pov moves during collisions etc.
  • npc waves checkered flag at race finish.
  • blind spot indicators
  • leaves falling
  • flapping mud flaps
  • start menu (selecting/tuning car)
  • tuning menu
  • wing removal
  • nice camera angles in garage gallery
  • sound of stones hitting underside of car, seeing sparks.
  • speed through menus
  • changing colour of dials
  • fitting and unfitting weight reduction and engine tuning
  • friends leader boards for licences
  • ghost lines instead of ghost car
And, the list goes on. :sly:

Maybe you should buy the game and actually play it before asking such a stupid question like "Is PD Lazy" Just because the game doesn't suit you, doesn't mean that the developer is lazy.
 
I didn't notice the rain effect yet, but it looks better in GT5 in that vid 0-o
You have to see it on your TV, the rain drops are looking MUCH better in GT6! They are High Res now and are looking great, no comparison to the low res ones from GT5!
 
Okay Okay, I know I can't blame them too much because I haven't played GT6.
But I watched a lot of clips from GT6 and they could've been all from GT5 IMO.

And don't get me wrong, I loved every GT title so far. The jump from GT4 to GT5 was great and a lot changed from there VISUALLY!
It just don't seem to be the same with GT5 to GT6. So for me it just is a update to GT5 -_-

And again, that is just my opinion! Maybe I'm too picky, but hell, I just expected a bigger step from GT5.
 
Okay Okay, I know I can't blame them too much because I haven't played GT6.
But I watched a lot of clips from GT6 and they could've been all from GT5 IMO.

And don't get me wrong, I loved every GT title so far. The jump from GT4 to GT5 was great and a lot changed from there VISUALLY!
It just don't seem to be the same with GT5 to GT6. So for me it just is a update to GT5 -_-

And again, that is just my opinion! Maybe I'm too picky, but hell, I just expected a bigger step from GT5.

The jump from GT4 to GT5 was from PS2 to PS3, so its sure you see a lot of change, but from GT3 to GT4 there werent graphical changes too. Seriously, what do you expect they should do with the ps3? Its on the limit!

I think you really should play GT6 before even thinking to call PD lazy..
 
From what I've seen so far (I don't have GT6), GT6 looks more like GT5.5

- Still awful sounds
- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc)
- Still standard cars
- Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit)
- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines?
- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5)
- And I guess the list goes on.

Also, some things just got worse and I wonder why!?
Just look at this:



For me, GT6 doesn't look as good as it could be...or it should be.
Just look what other developers done with the last generation games of the PS3. GTA, The Last of Us, Beyond,....
They all made a great big step. Just compare GTA4 to it's new one. You see how much effort they put in the new game to improve it.
GT6 instead, it just looks the same as before to me. Sadly.... :(

I just hope now that they really set the bar for the PS4 version. It's definitely needed IMO.

Or what do you guys think? Please prove me wrong if you can. :)


- People are exaggerating the sound issue. The sound isn't always outstanding, but it's always at least passable at a minimum.

- There's plenty of new cars, even if there are some notable cars missing.

- Is this really a surprise? Ripping out the standards would make GT6 feel pretty barren. Standards probably won't see a return in GT7, since by then they'll have enough Premium models to where the game will still have a plethora of content without the old cars returning.

- Tune cars visually? You mean like a livery editor? Yeah, but it's not the end of the world. I doubt they could do it on the PS3 anyway, since they're probably using up all that RAM as-is.

- Nobody. But it's not hurting anybody, either. It would be nice if they grouped models together so you didn't have to scroll through a few dozen Miatas to get to the car you're looking for, but it's a minor annoyance at most.

- I think the tracks look great, with some being outstanding. A few of 'em could use a little revamping, but there isn't a track I can think of that genuinely looks awful or boring.
 
Okay Okay, I know I can't blame them too much because I haven't played GT6.
But I watched a lot of clips from GT6 and they could've been all from GT5 IMO.

And don't get me wrong, I loved every GT title so far. The jump from GT4 to GT5 was great and a lot changed from there VISUALLY!
It just don't seem to be the same with GT5 to GT6. So for me it just is a update to GT5 -_-

And again, that is just my opinion! Maybe I'm too picky, but hell, I just expected a bigger step from GT5.

You know the PS3 is a whole lot more powerful than the PS2, right? GT and GT2 look pretty similar, GT3 and GT4 look pretty similar and GT5 and GT6 look pretty similar. That is what happens when you make games on the same hardware, the end up looking pretty similar.
 
Okay Okay, I know I can't blame them too much because I haven't played GT6.
But I watched a lot of clips from GT6 and they could've been all from GT5 IMO.

And don't get me wrong, I loved every GT title so far. The jump from GT4 to GT5 was great and a lot changed from there VISUALLY!
It just don't seem to be the same with GT5 to GT6. So for me it just is a update to GT5 -_-

And again, that is just my opinion! Maybe I'm too picky, but hell, I just expected a bigger step from GT5.
You expected too much then. You will be disapointed with GT7 too. I know that for sure. Yes it will be on the PS4 but it wont be a massive leap like what you are expecting. Worse still you are judging GT6 from videos you watched. The only real way to judge a game is to play the game yourself.
 
On the side of the MR2 Sw20 N A it says Twin Cam Turbo...
 
Graphically GT5 was pushing the PS3 to its limits so there was never going to be a great leap in GT6 when it came to that side of things. To me personally it does look better and some of the tracks are superbly detailed. Some not, yes, but I can live with that.

As for new cars, we've got loads of new cars. Over half of what Forza 5 has in total and given that is a next gen title then surely it isn't that bad a number?

I agree on all the different variations of models, not really needed.

As for the sounds, have you heard the Red Bull car? It sounds absolutely brilliant. They have definitely been improved over GT5 just some more than others.
 
Are you kidding me ??

"Is PD lazy" LoL

PD is the only developer who build the cars exactly like the real ones. The cars look identical ! In other games the cars only look similar but not like the real ones.
PD needs nearly 6 months for 1 (Premium) car and you are Talking about lazy?????
Its like saying a hyper car is Slow..,

I will not continue arguing about this because i did it severa Times but i see that some people dont want to understand it.

Have a nice day buddy ; )


Ps: "As for new cars, we've got loads of new cars. Over half of what Forza 5 has in total and given that is a next gen title then surely it isn't that bad a number?"
👍
I am really waiting for an answer of the thread owner to this ! Some people are just funny because they are starting to write a comment and after that they start to think about that.
Thats the wrong order. Think then write ; ).
 
Last edited:
Okay Okay, I know I can't blame them too much because I haven't played GT6.
But I watched a lot of clips from GT6 and they could've been all from GT5 IMO.

And don't get me wrong, I loved every GT title so far. The jump from GT4 to GT5 was great and a lot changed from there VISUALLY!
It just don't seem to be the same with GT5 to GT6. So for me it just is a update to GT5 -_-

And again, that is just my opinion! Maybe I'm too picky, but hell, I just expected a bigger step from GT5.

There was a substantial time window between GT4 and GT5. GT5 is on a newer generation of console than GT4 was. Naturally the jump was so big.
GTA IV was released in 2008 when developers weren't able to push the PS3 to its limits just yet, but GTA V was released at the end of the console life span. That's when the graphics are expected to be at their strongest for that particular console as developers get more experience.
GT5 was already pushing the PS3 to it's limits which is why we got jaggy shadows and smoke. To expect a big visual difference is a bit of a push. I personally am impressed with the lighting engine difference and I feel that you should reserve judgment until you actually play the game as a compressed youtube video never does a game justice.
There are noticeable differences in physics though.
 
From what I've seen so far (I don't have GT6), GT6 looks more like GT5.5

- Still awful sounds
They are working on it. Don't know have you heard or not, they have/are working on a new way to record the sounds.

- Nearly no new cars (I mean, where are the new Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc)
We got lots of them and more is coming.

- Still standard cars
Better than not having them. And don't forget, they were modelled for PS2. They look better than before and over time, they will look even better.

-Still no feature to tune cars visually (at least a bit)
Possible in a future update.

- And who really needs 50 Mazda MX-7s or Skylines?
At least there something to choose from.

- Tracks look pretty flat and boring (Like it always was, even in GT5)
Flat and boring? Some of them are real tracks and that is how they look and race tracks tend to be mostly flat. This is not an arcade game where the tracks are non-realistic.

________________________

I have to agree that GT6 is more like GT5.5, but that is because they didn't have all the features that were supposed to be there on release. But once they add those, it will be GT6.

There, bottom of the page, 'update', expect more to come: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/


And this is well said:

I don't think they are lazy, their ambitions just exceed their capacity.
 
Whoops, of course I can't compare GT4 to GT5! My bad, I totally forgot that....:crazy:

And yes, the graphics of the PS3 are at its limits. Even in GT6!
But as it looks, the AI and the base model of GT is just a polished GT5. It looks a little nicer, has a few more cars and some new tracks.
But what is really new? Are there races with qualifying and not only a rolling start? Is the Arcade mode better and more interesting?
Just those little changes, that could make the game better...what is there?

And don't get me wrong guys, I never played Forza, so I don't compare it to any other racing game. I just compare it to GT games, which I played all and loved all.
I just thought after watching at least 10-15 videos, that GT6 looks the same as GT5.....again IN MY OPINION.
 
I think we can expect some new BMWs and Mercedes as DLC.
 
Whoops, of course I can't compare GT4 to GT5! My bad, I totally forgot that....:crazy:

And yes, the graphics of the PS3 are at its limits. Even in GT6!
But as it looks, the AI and the base model of GT is just a polished GT5. It looks a little nicer, has a few more cars and some new tracks.
But what is really new? Are there races with qualifying and not only a rolling start? Is the Arcade mode better and more interesting?
Just those little changes, that could make the game better...what is there?

And don't get me wrong guys, I never played Forza, so I don't compare it to any other racing game. I just compare it to GT games, which I played all and loved all.
I just thought after watching at least 10-15 videos, that GT6 looks the same as GT5.....again IN MY OPINION.
Again you can only judge the game by playing it. You can not judge a game for yourself by watching videos.
 
Either lazy or so out of touch with their fan base it's almost disrespectful.

Says it all really -

Joystiq have reported that GT6 sales for the first week are five times lower than that of GT5 in it's first week.
 
Whoops, of course I can't compare GT4 to GT5! My bad, I totally forgot that....:crazy:

And yes, the graphics of the PS3 are at its limits. Even in GT6!
But as it looks, the AI and the base model of GT is just a polished GT5. It looks a little nicer, has a few more cars and some new tracks.
But what is really new? Are there races with qualifying and not only a rolling start? Is the Arcade mode better and more interesting?
Just those little changes, that could make the game better...what is there?

And don't get me wrong guys, I never played Forza, so I don't compare it to any other racing game. I just compare it to GT games, which I played all and loved all.
I just thought after watching at least 10-15 videos, that GT6 looks the same as GT5.....again IN MY OPINION.

The thing I've noticed that has changed is the physics. Cars are now more fun to drive and they feel like they have more weight. If I go back to GT5 the cars will feel stiff. It's not something that can be explained easily as you need to experience it. Even then it takes some time to really start appreciating it. The carreer is much more thought out now. There's a nice variety to the events and prize cars. Those are the two biggest differences I've noticed. I haven't tried arcade or multiplayer much so I can't comment on that.
 
Short answer: Maybe. Maybe not.


Taking out dupes, the amount of new cars added to GT6 is under 100. And why always so eager to compare it to FM5 all the time? GT6 should be able to stand on it's own merits, and judging by reviews coming out, it struggles in areas, and gets the scores that deserves. Though now that you ask; yes, I'd take 200 cars over 3 dozen nigh-identical MX-5's. Sounds also are largely still terribad - the One-77's sound is just plain criminal :(. And while some Standards have been updated (and I'll freely admit to being wrong about my original predictions on how much they would improve), there are still large swaths of them that have been untouched for what's now going on 13 years. That's... well, it's certainly a unique feature within the genre, I'll give them that?
 
Back